Words of Sorrow & Comfort. That video montage...

J5master

Proud Member
...does something to me. It cuts me open inside. I remember for almost every MJ event...be it MJ receiving a reward, a concert, just Michael entering a building...there's always a video montage. And I used to laugh about it at times...its like "oops, HERE comes a video montage, you KNOW that Mike is gonna make an entrance"....

...but to see that montage...knowing that MJ won't be coming out on stage right afterwards, waving, blowing kisses, smiling....to know that, and watch it. It's not right. It's unnatural. And to see the video of MJ dancing, singing, being SO explosive as always, he NEVER stopped being electrifying, stunning...all 50 years of his life...after watching that, it's like, HOW can he be dead? How can it be???

...when they played the opening bars of MITM, I always expect...its engrained in my head that after those 8 bars...

...is Michael's voice. "I'm gonna make a change..."

and instead of hearing that...seeing MJ's casket go out of the stadium...

there's no words. no words.

MJ's always alive though. That is what i got from this memorial. Michael is soooo alive in his music and performances. Even though i didn't really HEAR his voice, his voice is in my head and mind and heart singing..."I'm gonna make a change"

So...hearing "Smile"...actually makes me smile. At first, it made me cry...but no, I will look to the skies, as Brook said, and smile for Michael. Hearing his beautiful, beautiful voice singing that song...it is to be cherished, there is no other. Michael would want this...he would want us to smile, to come together in love and support for each other. LOOK at what he's DONE guys! He MADE the WHOLE WORLD PAUSE for TWO HOURS...he made the WHOLE WORLD sing, and pray, and hold hands together!

It was beautiful. Michael would've wanted that. So lets live on...lets carry out his legacy...and not just SPEAK his legacy, and REMEMBER his legacy....no, lets EMBODY his legacy. Michael is in each and every one of our hearts...we must LIVE like Michael did. LOVE and CARE for each other. LOVE and CARE because it is what MJ would have wanted, it was his DREAM. It is what GOD wants...and it is what WE NEED. Because we are never garranteed another day.

I love you guys. Thank you MJ fans for being such great company throughout my 14 years of laughter and tears as an MJ fan. Its not over...this is NOT it. We will cherish MJ forever.

FOREVER MICHAEL.

J5 - I will gladly assist with the embodying the legacy of Michael Jackson. And I am going to start with this board.

I will also assist in the shameless bumping of this thread.

...does something to me. It cuts me open inside. I remember for almost every MJ event...be it MJ receiving a reward, a concert, just Michael entering a building...there's always a video montage. And I used to laugh about it at times...its like "oops, HERE comes a video montage, you KNOW that Mike is gonna make an entrance"....

...but to see that montage...knowing that MJ won't be coming out on stage right afterwards, waving, blowing kisses, smiling....to know that, and watch it. It's not right. It's unnatural. And to see the video of MJ dancing, singing, being SO explosive as always, he NEVER stopped being electrifying, stunning...all 50 years of his life...after watching that, it's like, HOW can he be dead? How can it be???

...when they played the opening bars of MITM, I always expect...its engrained in my head that after those 8 bars...

...is Michael's voice. "I'm gonna make a change..."

and instead of hearing that...seeing MJ's casket go out of the stadium...

there's no words. no words.

MJ's always alive though. That is what i got from this memorial. Michael is soooo alive in his music and performances. Even though i didn't really HEAR his voice, his voice is in my head and mind and heart singing..."I'm gonna make a change"

So...hearing "Smile"...actually makes me smile. At first, it made me cry...but no, I will look to the skies, as Brook said, and smile for Michael. Hearing his beautiful, beautiful voice singing that song...it is to be cherished, there is no other. Michael would want this...he would want us to smile, to come together in love and support for each other. LOOK at what he's DONE guys! He MADE the WHOLE WORLD PAUSE for TWO HOURS...he made the WHOLE WORLD sing, and pray, and hold hands together!

It was beautiful. Michael would've wanted that. So lets live on...lets carry out his legacy...and not just SPEAK his legacy, and REMEMBER his legacy....no, lets EMBODY his legacy. Michael is in each and every one of our hearts...we must LIVE like Michael did. LOVE and CARE for each other. LOVE and CARE because it is what MJ would have wanted, it was his DREAM. It is what GOD wants...and it is what WE NEED. Because we are never garranteed another day.

I love you guys. Thank you MJ fans for being such great company throughout my 14 years of laughter and tears as an MJ fan. Its not over...this is NOT it. We will cherish MJ forever.

FOREVER MICHAEL.

I have to quote your whole post because I agree with it 2000000%. One couldn't have said it better. I agree with the bold lines especially! Hearing the instrumental of Man in the mirror while they carried Michael's casket away broke my heart into pieces again. That is my all time favourite MJ song. It gave me so much happiness, so much joy, so much energy, so many goosebumps.... and hearing it when I have to say good bye to him... it's unbearable!!!! :cry:

Forever Michael!!!

Yes! Forever Michael.

I'm listening to Together Again by Janet...and to me its my anthem. This is the anthem for me...listen to the lyrics. its so true for Michael. And we should be dancing and singing, and shining out light for him down here on earth. :D

Well you certainly succeeded in bringing me to tears.lol. Gone way too soon.

And you know, i think about it and think he certainly accomplished alot in his life. he lived it to the hilt and then some. He travelled all over, met different people, established so much love, gave his best into his job, got some kids, etc etc. He lived alot in 50 short years, more than most people ever would live in 100 years. I just hope he made it to the beautiful shore.

Lovely post, i completely agree. When they started playing Man in the Mirror and the started carrying him out i just broke down, It made it seem more real, I just couldn't believe this was happening.

Also about the montage, was anybody else wondering where this footage came from? :)

mjmem.jpg

So beautiful.

Back