paul gambaccini and trevor nelson..bad pair

michael4eva

Proud Member
not greatest idea in world to pair a music critic and a guy who said he was disgusted with michael becoming white, suregry etc...they shoulda had someone at least who wouldn't succumb to that side of a person who should firstly and foremost be rememberred as a musician, huminatarian and good person...they focused to much on negativity in their eyes of his life and not completely pay respects

not greatest idea in world to pair a music critic and a guy who said he was disgusted with michael becoming white, suregry etc...they shoulda had someone at least who wouldn't succumb to that side of a person who should firstly and foremost be rememberred as a musician, huminatarian and good person...they focused to much on negativity in their eyes of his life and not completely pay respects

I agree 100%, unfortunately Trevor Nelson has been had by the Tabloid lies.

I switched to BBC and then quickyl swtiched back, didnt need to be hearing any commentary.

CNN have done a great job from start to finish, no commentary and great postive comments about Michael beforehand

I thought they were OK and I enjoyed hearing Gambaccini thoughts on the service, it was just a bit messy at times.

I switched from BBC2 to SkyNews

The two biggest idiots you could have doing that show

I sent my complaint into the BBC immediately. I was absolutely disgusted by their comments, so disrespectful.

Yeah, I thought their comments were disrepectful to Michael Jackson, especially Trevor Nelson, he always comes across very cynical, and the two almost reminded me of Terry Wogan when he ever used to commentate on the Eurovision Contest, always a piss take at the artists performing.

Paul Gambaccini was really getting on my nerves with his sarcastic comments, I just wanted him to be quiet. Plus he wasn't acting like he knew everything and knew how the fans feel etc when in fact he doesn't know much at all.

I respect Paul Gambaccini but he and Trevor were not the right ones to do this voiceover. They did not like or love him.

It felt like times they were sniggering at some of the speeches that were made. It spoiled what was a perfect memorial in all other ways. I guess I had the choice of going to a non HD channel but when you have HD you want to watch HD.

Mike R

i just watched in bbc news channel nothing but the ceremony

The pair of them are tools. The Nelson guy is clueless, yabbering on about how he and his friends felt "betrayed" that Michael "turned himself white". What a tool. And Gambaccini was totally rude during the service. After the Congresswoman closed her speech with something like "Michael's legacy will go on forever, and forever, and forever", he pipes up, "I thought that speech would go on forever, and forever, and forever". Disrespectful. Even if you do think that, you at least show restraint.

Where can we complian about them, it has annoyed me. CNN didnt have any commentary whatsoever, the memorial did all the speaking it needed to do. To have 2 completely disrespectful twats comment during such a monumental occassion infuriates me. Trevor Nelson changes his mind about Michael from one day to the next and Paul Gambaccini is hardly an authority on Michael.

trevor nelson is a thick uncle tom who wouldnt even be presenting black music shows if mj hadnt broke the barriers

Just look at the way in which the number of BBC complaints has been reported. They start off mentioning how 90 odd people complained about the amount of coverage, even quoting viewer comments...then quietly mention that 300 odd complaints were actually over the commentary of it...friggin typical

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...son-memorial-BBC-receives-473-complaints.html

Viewers contacted the broadcaster to express unhappiness at the way the BBC dedicated two channels to the ceremony in Los Angeles.

The BBC admitted that 91 of the calls were specifically about the "excessive" coverage, 47 complained about the scheduling changes and many expressed concerns about tone of the reporting.

One complainant said: "I feel very strongly that the BBC should have exercised some sort of editorial restraint and cut back on the coverage of Michael Jackson's farcical memorial service.

"I tuned into BBC Two to watch a previously scheduled programme and found instead tabloid nonsense that has no place on the channel. This sort of over blown coverage I expect from Sky news but not the BBC."

Another said: "The saturation coverage of this by the BBC was a complete farce" and accused the corporation of pandering to a "younger" demographic.

The BBC News channel and the international BBC World News outlet screened the memorial with coverage fronted by Rajesh Mirchandani.

However, BBC Two also cleared its early evening schedule to broadcast live from the memorial from the Staples Centre.

The programme peaked at 4.5m viewers with a 20 per cent share of the audience watching in that time slot.

Trevor Nelson, the Radio 1 DJ introduced the coverage from London, while the BBC's high definition channel also broadcasted the proceedings.

The BBC said that audiences for the television bulletins were up and BBC online saw more than 8.2m global unique users, the second highest since President Barack Obama's election.

A spokesman said: "BBC Two is showing this important entertainment event, giving viewers the opportunity to enjoy performances from contributing artists as they celebrate one of pop music's most influential artists. It's appropriate that viewers are able to watch this event on a mainstream BBC channel available to both digital and terrestrial viewers".

"The majority of those calls, 302, was about the commentary on the programme. With such an emotive event people will always have a reaction about the tone and style of the programme."

Last week, the BBC received 748 complaints over its 'wall-to-wall' coverage of the death of the singer.

I made the horrible mistake of watching the memorial on BBC 2, Trveor Nelson and Paul Gambaccini was such a jackass pair they made me wince and I would have just raged uncontrollably had it not been for the heart wrenching occassion they were commenting on. What a bunch of retards..I was sick of them. I will complain and SO typical of bloody bbc for playing the little pity victim...oh lets all feel sorry for them, some wingers thought Michael Jacksons memorial was tabloid trash and should not have been shown on bbc2...oh poor poor them. animals the whole lot of them.

Back