Marlon's speech....

IvoryKeys

Proud Member
Did anyone else think he spoke well? I loved it, and it too broke my heart for what he had to say.

I remember hearing that when they were kids, Michael and Marlon were closer to each other a lot of times probably due to age, but also because Marlon had lost a twin brother during birth if i'm not mistaken. So he never KNEW his twin, but they were in the womb for 9mos, and in the land of gestation, that counts. I think Marlon is really hurting now. But he gave such a speech! And what he said about his twin Brandon, that was it for me. That was just it!

Im so sad for him and all the Jackson brothers, its clear that Marlon stood close to Michael.. Maybe thats why he hasnt been able to make a statement sooner because whenever the mic is reached torwards him he just breaks down in tears.. Im surprised the other brothers and sister kept their composure... I would have lost it!

Marlon, we are crying with you, not for you. I have such a headache from all the crying.. I feel so much for the entire family.. Michael was a part of them... Think of all the memories they have of each other....

When Marlon said: ''How much can a man take?'' and ''Maybe they'll leave you alone now'' and you see Janet nodding her head.. That was heartbreaking.. How they shared how Michael was not able to cross the street like a normal person would.. It really put things into perspective how hard his life was at times...

I love Al Sharpton too when he said: ''Kids, your daddy wasnt weird, it was weird what we had to deal with!!!!''

I loved it. We don't hear much of Marlon...even back in the J5 days, he was a quiet one.
He was so strong in his speech. He has lost two of his closest brothers now...

I am so glad the family members have each other for support. It was so touching to see them together. We didn't see the famous Jacksons; we saw a family.

Marlon spoke beautifully today! He had me in tears. You know him and MJ were really tight growing up and very close in age, so it must have hit him really hard.

When Marlon said: ''How much can a man take?'' and ''Maybe they'll leave you alone now'' and you see Janet nodding her head.. That was heartbreaking.. How they shared how Michael was not able to cross the street like a normal person would.. It really put things into perspective how hard his life was at times...

I love Al Sharpton too when he said: ''Kids, your daddy wasnt weird, it was weird what we had to deal with!!!!''

Marlon really got me there...
i am also expecting the media to leave him alone NOW...

Marlon was so natural and open.......he shows how hurt he is, as the whole family does. No one should ever hide their feelings.

Oh, yes... :cry:

Outstanding speach, so sorry for the loss of Marlons twin - however I believe I can hear the pair of them laughing and causing mischief from the heavens above.

God bless them all xx

what did Marlon say about Michael wearing a disguise in his speech? i understood only part of it and thought it was funny

what did Marlon say about Michael wearing a disguise in his speech? i understood only part of it and thought it was funny

He said that he was wandering around a music store and came across this old man with a long beard and crooked teeth who was grabbing CDs by the handful and he walked up to him and said "Michael, what are you doing in this store?" and the old man was shocked and said "Marlon, how did you know it was me?" and Marlon told him that Michael was his brother, he'd know him everywhere. "I know your walk, your body language... and those shoes don't help!" Because Michael used to always wear the same kind of shoes.

*tear* LOVED that story. (I paraphrased it, though)

He said that he was wandering around a music store and came across this old man with a long beard and crooked teeth who was grabbing CDs by the handful and he walked up to him and said "Michael, what are you doing in this store?" and the old man was shocked and said "Marlon, how did you know it was me?" and Marlon told him that Michael was his brother, he'd know him everywhere. "I know your walk, your body language... and those shoes don't help!" Because Michael used to always wear the same kind of shoes.

I enjoyed it too. I think it had a wider meaning - saying that no matter how he looked physically, they would always recognise him as their brother. Very sweet speech.

thank you! i love that story as well

Back