people from isolated places shows their love for Michael.

Vici

Proud Member
Two close friends of mine are currently abroad.

One is working as a dentist with the local swedish organisation “Dentist without borders” in a village in Zimabwe. The other one is backpacking in India and Nepal. She is currently at the countryside in the area Sikkim, which is north India with borders to Nepal and China.

Just before the memorial service was about to start, they send me text message’s... (the original message's were in swedish, i tried to translate them properly). Thought I might share this with you since I find this beautiful

India:
You would never guess this. As I sat at a coffeashop, looking over the amazing mountains that captures this area I witnessed something that blew me away. I met a couple with a son, around 12 years old. They lived close to the chinese border and I would say they are pretty isolated from the outside world. They speak a minority language which is restricted to some areas in that part of the country. The father was the only one in the family that could speak English. Anyways, the son in the family was in a hurry so the father excused themselves from our conversation. The reason why the son was in a hurry? So the son wouldn’t miss the Michael Jackson memorial. I was quite shocked frankly and shame on my prejudice. I asked them if the hotel was showing the memorial, since we are deep in the countryside. “They didn’t know but his son (who doesnt speak any english) wouldn’t take any chance to miss his idol’s memorial” I will never forget that.

Zimbawbe
Hi dear. We are trying to tune into the memorial service here. It’s me and some local folks. It’s hard! There’s only one tv-channel here and they don’t show the memorial. Much of the internet is blocked. BBC is blocked and their radio channels are solely presidential propaganda. We are doing everything to pass through the Internet restrictions. I wish you would be here to see these people’s faces and their admiration for Michael. We are doing everything we can to pass the restrictions. I just tried to log onto the net via my iphone, Lol! Not lucky as you can understand. Despite our efforts to be hackers, I don’t think we can watch the memorial but I want you to know that the people from Zimbabwe truly love him and are paying their respects. One of the guys ran home just to get a candle so we could light it for Michaels memory

Michael has touched so many hearts all around the world.

Back