Memorial Service will it be a dvd

Michaelrcks

Proud Member
Will the memorial service be turned into a dvd or special memory one

we all hope for this :)
but since it broadcasted in HD too, i would like to see a Blu-Ray release ;)

eh..i dont think something like this should be sold as a product.
if it is, the money better go michaels chosen charities.

There is no reason to release it as a DVD!

Let the rehearsals release as a DVD + a new album..., the soon the better.... = marketing!

Nooooooo! The rehearsals should be on blu-ray (not from Joe's company though).
I want to see it in HD quality.

And it's only a mather of time before the memorial gets posted as a divx or hdtv-rip on some sites so don't worry.

I have the full memorial recorded at the absolute highest resolution possible, highest quality (1920 x 1080 HD) but it'll be at least a couple weeks before I get around to compressing/encoding it for download due to other things going on at the moment. Uncompressed, it is over 20GB. The hard part is trying to compress it as best as possible while preserving its quality; using DivX and keeping its original resolution it will be about 200-500MB per performance; I'd probably have to upload each segment individually. Here's a screenshot from it, at full resolution (make sure to click it to view the full resolution).

MJMemorialHD.jpg

I hope I will be able to preserve this memorial in a format that I could give to my kids to watch one day..
This is was very epic

I have the full memorial recorded at the absolute highest resolution possible, highest quality (1920 x 1080 HD) but it'll be at least a couple weeks before I get around to compressing/encoding it for download due to other things going on at the moment. Uncompressed, it is over 20GB. The hard part is trying to compress it as best as possible while preserving its quality; using DivX and keeping its original resolution it will be about 200-500MB per performance; I'd probably have to upload each segment individually.
You should try burning it on Blu-Ray without losing any of the quality :)

I have the full memorial recorded at the absolute highest resolution possible, highest quality (1920 x 1080 HD) but it'll be at least a couple weeks before I get around to compressing/encoding it for download due to other things going on at the moment. Uncompressed, it is over 20GB. The hard part is trying to compress it as best as possible while preserving its quality; using DivX and keeping its original resolution it will be about 200-500MB per performance; I'd probably have to upload each segment individually. Here's a screenshot from it, at full resolution (make sure to click it to view the full resolution).

MJMemorialHD.jpg

maybe use CCE, HCenc or another quality mpeg2 encoder and just get it down to a dual dvd and put it over 2 discs.

I hope so. It was a beautiful service and I would really like to own it on DVD.

MJMemorialHD.jpg

looks great TSCM
thanks

Back