Judith Hill: The Mystery Singer at MJ Memorial

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Here's her website, she did a great job!http://judithhillmusic.com/

Mystery Singer at Michael Jackson Memorial Revealed
Originally posted Thursday July 09, 2009 04:20 PM EDT

judith-hill.jpg
Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey are just a few of the stars who headlined Tuesday's Michael Jackson Memorial. But the mystery woman who led the late pop star's family and others in a sing-a-long of Jackson's "Heal the World" was Judith Hill, a resident of Pasadena, Calif., reports Rolling Stone.

Born in Los Angeles – her mother was a Japanese immigrant and her father a member of a '70s funk band – Hill, who had planned on singing backup for Jackson's scheduled This Is It! tour at London's O2 Arena this month, was surrounded by musicians since childhood. Initially she resisted singing professionally, despite constant praise for her talents. It wasn't until she discovered Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Aretha Franklin and Ella Fitzgerald that she realized "it was something I had to be a part of."

"What word best describes Judith Hill's music?" reads her Web site bio. "Innovation."

As evidenced by her magnificent performance Tuesday, this is only the beginning.
Allie Gross

My mom was asking about her. She appears to have made a big impression on a lot of people. She's very good. :)

fantastic singer. who were the other people that were singing we are the world, i know one of them was the guitarist? back up singers as well?

Thanks for this. CNN said they were going to reveal who she was early this morning but the story never seemed to be covered. I was waiting for over an hour.

The others were long-time back up singers (since the Bad Tour) Darryl Phinnesses(sp?) and Dorian Holley. And that other guy was, I guess, another new backup singer for This Is It.

The singers from this is it tour are really great,i loved their perfomances in we are the world.

Yeah i looked her up afterwards, she sang effortlessly and has a great look (half japanese half african american!)

She was just on Entertainment Tonight and she sang "We Are The World" solo playing piano. Mary Hart asked her did Michael seem frail or out of energy during the many rehearsals. Judith said Mike had plenty of energy, so she was shocked about what happened. She also said her father told her the news, as she was going to a stage call. Mary also asked did Michael appear to be drugged up. Judith replied no, not that she could tell. She also said Michael was always thanking the performers and was very nice.

IMO, this whole "Michael was a drug addidt" angle that the media is trying to take is being totally debunked by the people who were there in his life. Michael was not a drug addict. He may have had some accidental dependencies in the past, but I do not believe that he was no addict.

This is making me so angry that they are trying so hard to paint him this way.

Probably posted somewhere on the forum, (i'm paraphrasing) but one of the choreographers was telling a story (on CNN, or CBS, whatever) about how Mike was claiming he was "preserving his voice" during the later rehearsals, so he wasn't going to go 100% during his performance of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" with Judith. Judith proceeded to go full throttle, revving up MJ's competitive juices, and suddenly he goes all out, in an attempt to match her intensity! lol After the song, the choreographer teased Mike, saying "preserving your voice, huh?" He said, Michael just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. lol

im sure i recodnise the guy who sang the first line of we are the world (one with scary eyes) from the history tour

I thought she was great too.
And "scary eyes" indeed, I've never noticed him before..

I was really impressed with her. It was nice to see the familiar singers of previous tours, I was curious about her and also the guy with the hat.

She sings with a jazz funk band. There's several videos on Youtube

I knew she was gonna sing IJCSLY! And I too was glad to see old singers, especially Dorian, as I it was him whom I managed to give our present to Michael in Moscow in 1996. It was funny - we were near hotel in crowd and from the side of croud came taxi and 3-4 people came out and headed to hotel. I recognized it was Michael's singers and rushed to them and asked them "Please,please, can you give my present to Michael?", but they were not interested :) :) Then I reached out my hand and made a plea "Brother, pleeeeease" And Dorian stopped and turned to me! But bag with present wasn't in my hands, my friend holded it and she wasn't near me!!! So I turned to crowd and screamed from the top of my lungs her name (guess, I scared Dorian this moment :) ) she run to me and I gave him bag and what was left from russian flag that I was holding :) :) Because I wanted so much to give more to Michael and it was the only thing in my hands :) :) I don't know whether he passed it to Michael, whether Michael saw it (it was two VHSes, one with our homemade videos for "I need you' song by 3t dedicated to Michael and disney song and other was "promotional" tape with my city sightseeings :) :) To get Michael in my city :) ), but I am gratefull for him to answer my plea!

Thank you for the info!

Any one remember seeing Judith with this young lady (see below) singing "We Are the World" ? This was just before the Jackson Family came up on stage and sang with them (which surprised Kenny Ortega and everyone)

mjmemorialwearetheworld.jpg

She was also with Michael in that one small video rehearsal we all saw. (and no it wasn't Jennifer Batten! LOL)

You can find Orianthi here on MySpace too

Her voice sucks like hell. why is she even there?
they all totally ruined Heal the world and We are the world.

Back