ABC Nightline Interview with Joe Jackson 7-9-09

ItsALLforLOVE

Proud Member
Not with Bashir though he did introduce the interview on Nightline.

Believes foul play involved.

Said that Katherine and "I" should raise the kids (meaning him).

Second autopsy has not revealed anything yet.

Says he is was a demanding father.

Wants to provide a home for the children who need them.

A lawyer was interviewed noting that the will directs Katherine as guardian, but courts will look at what is best for the children. They will look at Katherine's "physical vitality."

Bashir concluded that these statements would be controversial...

Will continue the interview tomorrow on GMA and on Tues 7-14-09 during Primetime: Family Secrets.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/MichaelJackson/story?id=8047192&page=1

Last edited:
I just saw a commercial saying Joe is going to be on Good Morning America tommorow. But he's not on Nightline, they're talking about monkeys on a diet. Why would Joe go on Nightline anyway since Martin Bashir is one of the hosts?

I just saw a commercial saying Joe is going to be on Good Morning America tommorow. But he's not on Nightline, they're talking about monkeys on a diet. Why would Joe go on Nightline anyway since Martin Bashir is one of the hosts?

He was on Nightline. Bashir introduced the interview, but Kevin Connolly (sp) was doing the interview. It continues tomorrow and then again on Tues night. Primetime.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/MichaelJackson/story?id=8047192&page=1

How can they raise the children together? From what I understand, Joe lives in Vegas and Katherine lives in Encino. On Entertainment Tonight, there was this lady that said she was Mike's spiritual advisor saying that Mike told her that he wanted either Katherine or Janet to raise the kids. The advisor was asked about Diana Ross and she said Michael never mentioned her. I guess all of this is what Liza Minnelli was talking about.

Oh gosh . . . . those kids need to kept away from that man.

How can they raise the children together? From what I understand, Joe lives in Vegas and Katherine lives in Encino. On Entertainment Tonight, there was this lady that said she was Mike's spiritual advisor saying that Mike told her that he wanted either Katherine or Janet to raise the kids. The advisor was asked about Diana Ross and she said Michael never mentioned her. I guess all of this is what Liza Minnelli was talking about.

What was Liza Minnelli talking about?

Truthfully, when Michael wrote his will, I really don't think he intended to die while his children were still minors. Hence naming Katherine and Diana rather than someone younger.

Can someone in the Jackson family please tell Joe to go sit down. He really, really does not need to be doing any interviews. Nada, zip, zero, none. He's could actually do more harm than good cause he is so clueless, so out of touch.

Can someone in the Jackson family please tell Joe to go sit down. He really, really does not need to be doing any interviews. Nada, zip, zero, none. He's could actually do more harm than good cause he is so clueless, so out of touch.

Agree. Doesn't the family have a spokesperson who can do these types of interviews on their behalf?

Joe isn't the big man of the family anymore. He needs to shut his mouth! He's making things worse. Jermaine is the man of the family now.....as it's clearly been shown when he made the statement at the hospital, and speaking to Larry King

What does Joe have to say anyway? He is not gonna raise those kids. Katherine is. Joe needs to go back to Vegas.

not liking the idea of joe speaking to the media. also at the announcement that Jermaine gave about MJ's passing, the guy afterwards ( I think it was Thome Thome) said that Jermaine is the only official spokesperson for the Jacksons.

I really dont get JOe..the state coroner said there was "no sign of foul play" so why does he has to go on and on about this...I know he is mourning but he is hurting everyone around him with this attitude..

I don't think Michael would want joe to raise the kids not after what joe did to him and his brothers it was awful.:( Not saying joe would hurt them now but i know Michael would rather his mother to raise them.

I think Joe was a product of times. No, he was not perfect and made plenty of mistakes, but I don't think raising his boys harshly in the 50's and 60's (not that uncommon at the time) is going to cause any damage to Katherine vying for custody of the children. I am pretty sure Joe isn't putting his hands on anyone anymore.

ee it says he's got his eye on Paris who apperently whats to go into show business and Blanket he's been told can really dance :(

What does Joe have to say anyway? He is not gonna raise those kids. Katherine is. Joe needs to go back to Vegas.
He'd probably leave that to Joh'Vonnie since she works for him. I don't see Joe wanting to hang around children at this point.

Why would he do an interview with Bstard-shir's name anywhere near it.

I saw a clip of this I really hope Joe is restrained from further giving interviews to the media as I don't think he helps any at all.

Back