*NEW UPPDATED July 28*....Dale Jamaluddin Marcell and Cat Stevens about the Islam rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indra

Guests
Some days ago I was contacted by a person who writes for wikiislam.com.
This person contacted me saying she was writing about Michael Jackson and about this rumor about him converting to Islam. She wanted to thank me for the stories I posted here and also she asked if I could read through what she had written because she doesn't know that much about Michael Jackson and was writing this article for wikiislam. What she did is incredible, and with that I mean all the research she put to it and how well so wrote it. This is something anyone who is interested in knowing the truth about this rumor should read. She proves in a very good and in a very credible way how untrue this story is.

I told her I would post this for you guys to read. I hope you will all enjoy it.

Just to remind everyone, what I wrote earlier about how this is not to start any religion discussion, is still how I feel about this Post.

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Michael_Jackson

(I saw that my post looked very weird so I'm trying to edit so it looks like it did when I first posted it. 090723)

First of all, I just want to tell you guys that I AM NOT doing this to start any religion discussion or anything like that. I believe everyone is allowed to believe whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. This might have been posted here already but if it hasn't I think it's something that can be good for you to know. I think it's important to keep the memory of Michael the way it really was, not the way the media said it was.

If I however am breaking any MJJcommunity rules then I am sorry and ask you to remove this.

It will be a long post.

I was talking about this with some friends of mine who said they heard the rumor that Michael has converted to Islam (which is just fine if that is what he wanted). They really didn't believe me when I said it wasn't true. Then I found these statements and when I showed it to them they got kinda mad because they felt they've yet again got fooled by the media. They realized this was yet another lie.

"
Lastly - many have been in touch with me over the past year to inquire about my personal relationship with Michael Jackson. A November 21, 2008 Sun (UK) article spread internationally stating that Michael had adopted the religion of Islam through friendship with both myself and my colleague Idris Phillips during recording sessions in Los Angeles.

For the record: Though our professional circles did cross-over slightly with various common professional acquaintances - I never had the honour or pleasure of meeting Micheal Jackson personally, nor did we ever correspond on matters of our professions, personal lives or faiths.”
-Dale Jamaluddin Marcell.

" Thank you for your question.

Though I cannot speak for Yusuf Islam, I personally did not release a public statement about the false November 2008 article (originally published in the Sun and subsequently appearing in numerous other major international papers) simply because tabloid papers, known for their poor journalism, cheap gossip and sensationalize of people’s lives, are of no interest to me.

Secondly - last year’s article appeared in the news only days before Mr. Jackson was to resolve sensitive legal matters with one of his previous financial backers. Publicly refuting the article may have only drawn more attention to the rumors surrounding Mr. Jackson’s faith - at a sensitive time for him - and been a cheap way of using his name/persona as a means of drawing attention to my own work.

Lastly - Mr. Jackson’s lawyer went on the record shortly after last year’s rumors spread and clearly stated that the initial article in the UK Sun was false. There was no need for me to say or do more. It is the responsibility of educated consumers to verify what they read - especially in poorly written tabloid papers.

With Mr. Jackson’s passing, religious communities have now shamelessly joined the media in a circus of sensationalizing his death. Out of respect to the Jackson family, and out of a desire to mourn his loss, I published this blog which I hope “clears the air” surrounding rumors of my involvement in Mr. Jackson’s religious choices.

My approach to faith does not include concepts of “conversion/reversion” or “propagation”, so the very idea that I would have even tried to “convert” Mr. Jackson (or anyone else for that mater) to my spiritual perspective, is silly. Nor is my faith validated by others who may adhere to scriptures, practices or traditions I may follow - regardless of who they are or how high profile they may be. Michael Jackson’s faith is quite plainly none of my business. I judge individuals by their actions and not by their places of worship.

My meditations, prayers and thoughts of good will go out to all of humanity - regardless of culture, creed or religious practice. As I respected Michael Jackson for his artistic abilities, positive writings and charity work - naturally he and his family are in my prayers.
- DW"

This can all be found on
Dale Jamaluddin Marcel personal blog

http://wharnsby.com/blog1/2009/06/26/the-passing-of-michael-jackson/

"Contrary to persistent press rumours, I was not at any kind of conversion ceremony for Michael Jackson. Nor, I believe, was Dawud Wharnsby or any of the others mentioned in connection with the story. Granted, I was in Los Angeles at the time these rumours first appeared – but I was busy filming a video for a new song, Boots & Sand.

I have met Jermaine Jackson, Michael’s older brother, who became a Muslim some years ago. As for Michael himself, I hope that he finds inner peace and can return to making the kind of music that has inspired generations."
-
Yusuf Islam

This can be found on his webpage

http://www.yusufislam.com/faq/did-yusuf-help-jackson-become/

Again, this is just in case someone need it for argumenting in situation when this can be talked about.
Not to make anyone angry or upset.

Last edited:
Re: Statements from Dale Jamaluddin Marcell and Cat Stevens about the Islam rumor.

Thank you very much! It was needed! Because I got tired of all this talks "he is muslim, he has to be buried by islam rules, etc" Not that I have something against Islam or Michael being muslim, but it was just another lie and people keep referring to it as a fact!

Re: Statements from Dale Jamaluddin Marcell and Cat Stevens about the Islam rumor.

Allah knows

hthey had a JW service at forest lawn

Another thing to consider is that a child who is not biologically ones own cannot inherit anything from his guardian according to Islam. If Michael was a Muslim, his 3 children would have no part in his inheritance (assuming he is not their biological father).

Based on the evidence, it's safe to assume that Michael wasn't a Muslim.

Hardcastle- You are righ, at the same time i disagree with you.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that a Muslim doesn't inherit from a non-Muslim and a non-Muslim doesn't inherit from a Muslim. However, you are allowed to give them a share from your will, which should not be more than 1/3 of your assets.

Michael did take care of those children, look after them and treat them as his own children.

Hardcastle- You are righ, at the same time i disagree with you.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that a Muslim doesn't inherit from a non-Muslim and a non-Muslim doesn't inherit from a Muslim. However, you are allowed to give them a share from your will, which should not be more than 1/3 of your assets.

Michael did take care of those children, look after them and treat them as his own children.

Thanks for the additional information afrika. You learn something new every day. :)

yea, I would like to know that too? =)

What does a JW service consist of?

i guess the same any box standard christian service but obviously using their interpretation of the bible. quotes hyms etc

yea, I would like to know that too? =)

Thanks very much....

really needed it. No matter how much I have tried convincing people abt this rumour they just dont believe it. They are like "its confired that he converted, its on TV" ahh annoys me.

btw, Nothing against muslims...Im one myslef.. Its abt the truth & not wat we'd like to believe.

Last edited:

Thanks very much....

really needed it. No matter how much I have tried convincing people abt this rumour they just dont believe it. They are like "its confired that he converted, its on TV" ahh annoys me.

btw, Nothing again muslim..Im one myslef.. Its abt the truth & not wat we'd like to believe.

Oh yea, "it's on TV" is something a lot of people use. And I don't get that at all, because if there is one thing people should know then it is not to believe everything that's on TV. I guess that's what happens sometimes when you want something to be true. If it was something bad about something you really care about it's easier not to believe it... =) We humans are weird =)

Thanks very much....

btw, Nothing against muslims...Im one myslef.. Its abt the truth & not wat we'd like to believe.

Oh yea I forgot, you're welcome =)

This is definitely an interesting subject. I agree that there really isn't much evidence to suggest that MJ was Muslim. However, that doesn't completely rule it out. I think those who were very close to him would probably have an idea. Possibly Jermain, maybe his kids, his nanny. But again, at like you said, at this point, it's all speculation. Although it really wouldn't be farfetched considering all of what Michael was preaching was in accordance to Islam. Who knows?... Rather..only God knows..

This is definitely an interesting subject. I agree that there really isn't much evidence to suggest that MJ was Muslim. However, that doesn't completely rule it out. I think those who were very close to him would probably have an idea. Possibly Jermain, maybe his kids, his nanny. But again, at like you said, at this point, it's all speculation. Although it really wouldn't be farfetched considering all of what Michael was preaching was in accordance to Islam. Who knows?... Rather..only God knows..

Yea, only God knows. Like I said, I posted this because I feel it's important that the truth gets out there, not the rumors that the media been spreading around. I know there are many places online where this is spread as a fact.

No one here knows what Michael believed but if anyone would know then it would be his family, especially his mom I would guess. They had a very special and tight relationship. Don't know where I heard it or if it's true but it was on TV and they were talking about the very special bond they had. They said that during the latest trail Michael would just lock himself in a room with his mom; she was the only one who could give him comfort.
I'm sure that the memorial (and the funeral) did reflect Michael as a person and whatever religious belief he had. I don't think his family would do anything there that wasn't Michael, you know. They all loved him so much and knew him and what he wanted, what he liked and what his faith was.

Last edited:

Yeah, it annoys me too when people say "it was on TV!" But on tuersday there was one time when I didn't want to get the record straight - before Memorial, when there was video from cememetry, commentator on russian MTV channel (they probably were the biggest network in our country to cover the Memorial)said a lot of things (mostly good) and rumors, etc, and then he went "and the big news is that Jordan Chandler officially announced that he made the accusation up" And he stressed it twice or three times! And added that we all thought he was guilty but it turns out that he was not and all this years we pictured him as ****file, poor Michael. My sister's husband happened to be near TV at this moment and he stood and watched it and I could feel that he was very confused about it and maybe felt guilt that he thought bad about Michael. I stood silently and prayed to God that he wouldn't ask me if it's true - I could'nt lied and would told him that afterall JC didn't make a confession. But he didn't ask - well, if it's said on TV it must be truth then. ironic

Yeah, it annoys me too when people say "it was on TV!" But on tuersday there was one time when I didn't want to get the record straight - before Memorial, when there was video from cememetry, commentator on russian MTV channel (they probably were the biggest network in our country to cover the Memorial)said a lot of things (mostly good) and rumors, etc, and then he went "and the big news is that Jordan Chandler officially announced that he made the accusation up" And he stressed it twice or three times! And added that we all thought he was guilty but it turns out that he was not and all this years we pictured him as ****file, poor Michael. My sister's husband happened to be near TV at this moment and he stood and watched it and I could feel that he was very confused about it and maybe felt guilt that he thought bad about Michael. I stood silently and prayed to God that he wouldn't ask me if it's true - I could'nt lied and would told him that afterall JC didn't make a confession. But he didn't ask - well, if it's said on TV it must be truth then. ironic

Yea, I feel you. It is ironic indeed.

someone's religion is private and its the media fault to make people believe that he convert to islam or whatever religion he wants to

but looking at his friend's testimony,the memorial...i think its not true

what i hate the most is...i'm from indonesia,and since majority of indonesian are muslim so they really are exagerated about the whole muslim thing...its really annoying...they even held their own vigil in muslim way...ok there's nothing wrong with that,you can pray for Michael in any way you want but what annoy me the most is they spreading false rumours...muslim organizations in indonesia crated chaotic media frenzy that destroy Michael's image
and the most disturbing is when the memorial held in JW or more like christian believes, they all suddenly shut their mouth and broadcast the memorial service without translating the language
its not about the religion itself....in indonesia its about how racist they are to other religions and ethnics

Thanks for posting that.

someone's religion is private and its the media fault to make people believe that he convert to islam or whatever religion he wants to

but looking at his friend's testimony,the memorial...i think its not true

what i hate the most is...i'm from indonesia,and since majority of indonesian are muslim so they really are exagerated about the whole muslim thing...its really annoying...they even held their own vigil in muslim way...ok there's nothing wrong with that,you can pray for Michael in any way you want but what annoy me the most is they spreading false rumours...muslim organizations in indonesia crated chaotic media frenzy that destroy Michael's image
and the most disturbing is when the memorial held in JW or more like christian believes, they all suddenly shut their mouth and broadcast the memorial service without translating the language
its not about the religion itself....in indonesia its about how racist they are to other religions and ethnics

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this.
I mean, we will never be able to change everyone's mind when it comes to this. One of the reasons I posted this was just because of this. I know that in many parts of the world this is being spread like the truth. Like I said before, it doesn't matter what he was, but when everything points to the fact that this rumor was just that, a rumor, then i feel it's important that we do what we can so that people know it. I think the fact that these two people, the very two the meida said was part of the conversion, say this never happen is proof enough that this is just a rumor, not the truth.

i heard that too,his cousin performed a jw ceromony the morning of the memorial.

Where did you guys hear this?
Even though it really is a family matter I still can't help that I really want to know how the private ceromony was....

one of mjs cousins gave an interview theres a few articles from yahoo and the like floating around with quotes about what happened. mj looking like he was asleep and peaceful ect

Please refrain from discussion or speculation of the paternity/maternity of Michael's children.

one of mjs cousins gave an interview theres a few articles from yahoo and the like floating around with quotes about what happened. mj looking like he was asleep and peaceful ect

really? Do you have link?

Randy Jackson Jr wrote this on Michael Jackson's facebook fanclub.
"http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/topic.php?uid=19691681472&topic=11992"
(probably have to login to see it)
Now I can't promise it is him but it looks like him and on what he has written there it also sounds like it is him
About the rumor that Michael was a muslim he wrote, "my uncle was not muslim, thank you."

Now that should prove something too.

Remember, I just want the man to be remembered the way he was not the way the media said he was!!!

I'm Muslim. And i thought MJ was a Muslim, then again i could be wrong.

We don't know if he was muslim or not. Only God knows that.

I'm Muslim. And i thought MJ was a Muslim, then again i could be wrong.

We don't know if he was muslim or not. Only God knows that.

Hey, Afrika.
You're not the only one. I know that in many parts of the world where Islam is the biggest religion this story been spreading like it was the truth. So I know there are many out there who still think it is like that.
Like you said, only God know what Michael really believed and it really doesn't matter because he has the right to believe whatever he wants just like everyone else have that right.
However, I do feel there is enough proof out there to say that this rumor is yet another tabliod story and that it is a lie. Now maybe MJ was a muslim anyway but not based on the story and the so called "facts" that's been used to prove this.
I do believe it is important that he is remembered the way he himself said he was, not the way the tabloid said he was. Now when we clearly can see that this is just another one of those stories I feel it's important that we as MJ fans make sure people know it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back