UK TV: MJ's last days - what really happened..

Chrystal

Proud Member
Well, this was an interesting docu. Not the BS a certain couple of posters totallying whinged about.

It was thought by his close friends that they never thought MJ would make his 50 dates. In fact, one friend said he went to bed agreeing to 10 dates and woke up to 50. AEG, in my mind, have alot to answer for and I have a real dislike for Randy Phillips. He and the director pushed for the extra O2 dates.

I dont think they properly realised that MJ's last big gig was over a decade ago. They didn't realise he needed fitness training, physical and psychological for this and only gave him a few months to do it in .

Neverland was his 'baby'. MJ was devastated at the thought of losing Neverland. He always felt that Neverland was tied directly to his being which is why he may agreed to the deal for 50 dates (altho not sure how this ties in with Neverland when he was living in LA). However, the rented house at Sunset boulevard had previously been owned by the like sof owned Sean Connery.

And old friend of MJ's was interviewed, Terry Harvey. He never thought he would do one show. He said in February. He belived MJ agreed on 10 shows but not 50.

MJ is to have pleaded "please no more concerts". MJ hadn't performed in years and all of a sudden 50?

He was frail according to Terry Harvey.

The AEG dancers hired for the shows had signed 2 year contracts. Had AEG planned more concerts without MJs knowing? it seems so. Again, AEG didn't have an ounce of thought for MJ. The dancers wanna speak to the media but have been told not to re contracts being null and avoid. what r they hiding?

The rehearsals in a secret studio in LA started in March but MJ just didn't wanna do them and couldn't get motivated. It is said that he decided to stop the addictions he had and threw himself in the rehearsals and started attending at the end of March, through April and May. From June, they were moved to the Staples Ctr.

MJ had requested choir of mixed race children inc. sign language but AEG delayed on an agreement. He also wanted 100 mirrors for special effects and 300k crystals for his costumes.

According to one of his doctors, Diprivan keeps patients unconcious. Drugs run rapid in hollywood. If u have the money, you'll have the drugs.

Ppl felt Dr Feldgood(?) was supplying him but he was only the instigator. His regular chemist had an outstanding bill for MJ for 100k in one year. The Chemist classed him as drug addict. He was NOT though a heroin addict and at no time did he take methadone. MJ had woody scars throughout the hip region which would indicate injecting.

Insiders were trying to take the drugs away but he wouldn't let anyone near.

Family knew MJ had a habit and wanted to get him help. The people around MJ were stopping the family getting near.

On 20 May, AEG denied ill health for tour being put back. They said he was the healthiest yet and said that it was due to Madonna's gig and extra rehearsals needed. Randy Phillips said he is in fantastic health. His Director said they were having a blast and a high time for michael.

A guy who was with him rehearsing said MJ was magical. He didn't see some frail person.

The interviewer asked what drug would he had needed to get on the stage and off the stage. He would have needed extra opiate medication. This charges people up. Coming down u could develop eurphoria which means they can't sleep. MJ had insomnia.

Before London however, it was believed MJ tried to clean up. After his last rehearsal however, he was in intense pain and its believed he took his 'normal' amount of pain killers to numb the pain. Due to the fact he had been cutting down on these drugs, his body would have taken it to be an overdose. The same that happened with Sid Vicious.

My thoughts and questions:

In hindsight, if you watch MJ's last rehearsal... just as the dude in the background is saying 'hold for applause hold for applause fade out', MJ has his eyes shut.... I would say, personally, this is a look of relief.

Re the 911 call... how come it came from the security guard? what was the security guard doing checking of MJ or be doing in the vicinity?

Its very suspicious that the Beatles catelogue is up for renewal in September. MJ was worried about this and had, in tabloid papers in the US, claimed they would kill him for the catelogue.

There will never be another person to perform and dance like MJ.

To be honest with you, I was going to avoid this programme like the plague, but then I looked at this from another perspective and so watched it.

Needless to say I updated my status on facebook three times, as to how certain parts made me feel in fact I feel somewhat annoyed now.

Why? I dont think there anything negative in this at all.

It was very 'for' MJ... admittedly the reporter tried to sway things in the negative for MJ but he was met with truth and praise with MJ i thought.

Why? I dont think there anything negative in this at all.

It was very 'for' MJ... admittedly the reporter tried to sway things in the negative for MJ but he was met with truth and praise with MJ i thought.

*Tries to sweep up all the eggshells on the floor of this thread*

A lot of it yes, as far as I could see, BUT I dont know the motives behind this person, that person etc, although when they showed the two organisers from the AEG thats when I thought to myself how if I was in a room with them right now....

*Sound of eggshells breaking*

I mean um, sure I'm very sure indeed that they are lovely smashing blokes who have only the best intentions at heart.

There was one part that I think will get the haters going "Blah blah blah blah blah." and that was when those two students were filming outside the hospital and HE compared it to 9/11.

*More eggshells breaking.*

*Tries to sweep up all the eggshells on the floor of this thread*

A lot of it yes, as far as I could see, BUT I dont know the motives behind this person, that person etc, although when they showed the two organisers from the AEG thats when I thought to myself how if I was in a room with them right now....

*Sound of eggshells breaking*

I mean um, sure I'm very sure indeed that they are lovely smashing blokes who have only the best intentions at heart.

There was one part that I think will get the haters going "Blah blah blah blah blah." and that was when those two students were filming outside the hospital and HE compared it to 9/11.

*More eggshells breaking.*

hahaha!! sod those eggshells !!

Those two AEG organisers... I dont t hink they gave a rats arse about MJ. They just saw dollar signs and that was it. They should be up as part of the manslaughter charge for making him do all those concerts.

Those two AEG organisers... I dont t hink they gave a rats arse about MJ. They just saw dollar signs and that was it. They should be up as part of the manslaughter charge for making him do all those concerts.

Manslaughter? Come on.

hahaha!! sod those eggshells !!

Holy Moley theres an awful lot of eggshells here.

Yes, I admit that the third time I changed my status on facebook I wrote.

"LIES LIES LIES LIES!!!! A.E.G. and Murray caused it!!!!"

But I am calm now and with a rational mind, and not angry and not in anyway in danger of making the warranty of my television void by chucking my laptop at it.

*Kicks heels wishing he hadnt watched it now*

There was consistent use of the word 'alleged' from the 'insiders' and people in the know though.

I really hated the way they said the public perceive the death of rockstars as cool, and that if MJ had allegedly overdosed it would be seen as a popular and glorified thing among music fans, what utter bullshit!!

My son ( aged 22yrs) tried to stop me watching this documentry as he knew it would upset me. I was mesmerised looking at the screen but then took his advice and we walked the dog together. We chatted about MJ and how much he means to us speculation and who said what who did what etc aside.
MJ alive inside. Nuff said :-(
will prob sneakily look at channel 4's archives on net though.......shhh

hmmm, sorry.... maybe I missed something... but... could they have forced michael just like that to do those 50 shows... even when he said yes to 10...!!! I mean... I don't really know a lot of these "business" but he's an adult and was "the" man... u know what I'm trying to say? I can't believe that he would say nothing to all that... just: hmmm, okay... actually I don't want to do 50 (!) shows but... ok... there must be a contract, where the number of shows must be written down... and he should have signed it...!? (!!!!!)

*shakehead*

that's what I have for a long time in my mind but never really found somebody say something about that... so :) if I missed it, please tell me!

Last edited:
hmmm, sorry.... maybe I missed something... but... could they have forced michael just like that to do those 50 shows... even when he said yes to 10...!!! I mean... I don't really know a lot of these "business" but he's an adult and was "the" man... u know what I'm trying to say? I can't believe that he would say nothing to all that... just: hmmm, okay... actually I don't want to do 50 (!) shows but... ok... there must be a contract, where the number of shows must be written down... and he should have signed it...!? (!!!!!)

*shakehead*

that's what I have for a long time in my mind but never really found somebody say something about that... so :) if I missed it, please tell me!

For all I can figure of all this entertainment biz is that nothing is what it seems to be, thare are always some side effects, manipulation through subtle sections at the foot, 20-30 pages etc all in all that makes your head spin around like a carousel...
I think Michael actually accepted to 50 gigs more out of excitement created by the huge success for the first 10 , the pressure of us, fans wanting more and more from him - pls do not interpret it as sth negative!- so....yeah he agreed to it!:agree:
my two cents...:2cents:

Well in the show it says it went from 10 to 31 to 50, which Michael "approved".

Well in the show it says it went from 10 to 31 to 50, which Michael "approved".

I could've sworn the black dude in the dance studio said that Mike initially agreed to do 31 dates but had no idea about the 50...

I think I might watch this again on CH 4 OD because I clearly missed some parts out.. (Was eating dinner).
x

told you so...but nobody would listen...they pushed him to do 50 shows
Michael wanted to travel around the world and probably do a few shows in a few major cities, not a million shows in one city alone
Money is the root of EVIL!

I'm with you baby!!

... AEG, in my mind, have alot to answer for and I have a real dislike for Randy Phillips. He and the director pushed for the extra O2 dates.

I dont think they properly realised that MJ's last big gig was over a decade ago. They didn't realise he needed fitness training, physical and psychological for this and only gave him a few months to do it in .

MJ is to have pleaded "please no more concerts". MJ hadn't performed in years and all of a sudden 50?

He was frail according to Terry Harvey.
This has been in my heart since day one! :(

On 20 May, AEG denied ill health for tour being put back. They said he was the healthiest yet and said that it was due to Madonna's gig and extra rehearsals needed. Randy Phillips said he is in fantastic health. His Director said they were having a blast and a high time for michael.
I dont like this guy! I just dont! I dont have good feelings about him! UGH!

My thoughts and questions:

In hindsight, if you watch MJ's last rehearsal... just as the dude in the background is saying 'hold for applause hold for applause fade out', MJ has his eyes shut.... I would say, personally, this is a look of relief.
Or because he was tired?
You know what, I never feel good watching that video. I just feel some kinda pain going on. Michael was in pain. I feel he was not feeling good at all. IMHO! I think he was pushing himself too hard, u know? Like "I gotta do this, I gotta do this. I just have to make it."

There will never be another person to perform and dance like MJ.
:yes: :cry:

Last edited:
told you so...but nobody would listen...they pushed him to do 50 shows
Michael wanted to travel around the world and probably do a few shows in a few major cities, not a million shows in one city alone
Money is the root of EVIL!
yes yes yes

i say AEG along with randy phillips should not be blamed!!!

still no clear evidence that mj didnt want to do 50 shows... and the rehearsal video..well of course he would be tired,if he was dancing 6 hrs. a day! if u trust kenny ortega then u should believe that in what he says abt MJ /feeling energetic and excited!

Back