Why Did AEG/Randy Phillips???

KingOfPop1

Proud Member
Feel the need to "protect" Michael from certain people. Who was he speaking of when he said this:

Phillips's main worry has been how to keep Jackson away "from all these characters I have to fend off from his past". He won't name them, and you hope they don't include more litigious parents. ne is almost certainly Jackson's former spokesperson, the American PR Raymone Bain, who served during his spell in Bahrain. Claiming to have instigated the AEG deal, Bain is now reportedly suing Jackson for $44m. Phillips says he has built "a protective wall to stop people getting to him the way they used to".

OK correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Randy Phillip's role just that of a concert promoter? Why would he cut Michael off from people? That wasn't his job!!! Why would HE need to block people from Michael... Is this why Raymone Bain couldn't serve court papers to MJ properly? Is this why MJ practically defaulted on the lawsuit that Raymone Bain leveled against him? Because he truly didn't know about it until it was almost too late?

Leonard Rowe said on Good Morning America today that Michael did NOT wish to hire Branca & DiLeo, and that AEG hired them. Rowe also said he was fired in May but never received a termination letter and was never fired from Michael Jackson. Rowe said they (him and the Jackson family) were trying to to help Michael but couldn't because the people at AEG were controlling him.

Which brings me back to this article:

Will Michael Jackson Survive His Concert Marathon

http://entertainment.timesonline.co...rticle6372171.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

The most chilling part of the article reads

Profits, however, are still some way off. AEG expects to see no return on its investment of at least £20m until Jackson has played one-third of the O2 shows. The start-up costs for This Is It have been huge, covering the biggest stage set built for an indoor arena show and a number of what Phillips calls “grand illusions”. His hope, along with that of the 800,000-odd fans who have bought tickets, must be that their trust in pop’s most charismatic but accident-prone Peter Pan doesn’t turn out to be the grandest illusion of all.

Why would AEG even announce that? Why would they even let people know that they wouldn't make any return until one-third of the O2 shows are played?

These articles always concerned me. The LA Times one which is much like this one was almost like a public threat to Michael. The "Do or Die" mention in the referenced article sickens me. Another article was Phillips confirming that Michael would do all 50 shows. It was as if these articles were in fact pressure tactics. I just don't understand the reason for them. Many fans here thought these articles were made up, tabloid, etc and discounted them but these articles have always stuck out like sore thumbs to me.

But, is this a direct quote from AEG or simply the writer of the article making assumptions based on claims of how much was being put into production costs. And again, what difference does it make how long before they saw a return as long as they had the concerts. Notice the last sentence states that his hope "must be . . ." That's the writer's assumption, not AEG's statement.

Actually your first question was interesting because I was actually thinking about that very thing earlier this evening. Based on what has always been implied and flatly stated on fan boards, people have assumed in the past that there have been some shady or "less than truly concerned for Michael" people around him. Of course those in the music/entertainment business would have the same inclinations probably. If I'm about to make this kind of investment in Michael, then I will as a business person, look to protect my investment and that may mean trying to keep away those who may be perceived as "vultures." It's really know different than anything that fans have expressed for I don't know how long. I guess it is really a matter of who you think are the "vultures." I'm sure that everyone would have a different opinion.

For some reason, I keep thinking that the doctor is the key here. I wonder if there is a connection between him and anyone else close to this case. Hopefully, the police is connecting those dots.

That's what i'm hoping too. I really hope they don't drop the ball here and investigate this properly. The doctor could have been "HIRED" by someone to do a certain "something" to michael.

I will never believe this doctor had michaels best interest at heart by his actions. There are way too many questions surrounding this doctor.

I will assume it is a direct quote from AEG because Randy "I Make A Statement About Anything" Phillips didn't refute it. It's highly unlikely that the writer pulled this part out of his bum:

AEG expects to see no return on its investment of at least £20m until Jackson has played one-third of the O2 shows. The start-up costs for This Is It have been huge, covering the biggest stage set built for an indoor arena show and a number of what Phillips calls “grand illusions”.

I believe that is directly from AEG and I find it highly inappropriate.

And the bottom line is AEG was simply Michael's concert promoter. It seems to me that they had more of an investment then one would initially think. To literally control Michael's surroundings is a bit much. His family has gone on record stating that they couldn't even see Michael in his final weeks. Add to that Michael couldn't even be properly served court papers because his security guards told the process server to F*** off. MJ defaulted (and answered when it was almost too late) on that lawsuit because of the fortress that was built around him.

The question is, why? Why did Randy Phillips block Michael from people?

AEG?Randy was protecting him from the interferance of JOE
JACKSON _ Learnard Rowe who wanted to have a piece of MJ
he already had a deal with AEG then came the people who wanted
the J-5 tour then raymone bain who wanted to sue him _ AEG was
keeping the wolves at bay for MJ so he could do what he does best
and not worry ... The had attorneys had his back and were setlling
the BS law suites

MAeg Blocked the people MJ did not want to deal with
at this time while he was creating his comback and vision
thsy didnt do it behind Mjs back _ MJ always kept his family
at bay _especially JOe Jackson and his shady Business deals ..
with low life no body's _ they pressure MJ and he dosnt like that

The Minute MJ annouced his plans wth Aeg
all the insects came ou tof the woodwork
we watched it happen before our very eyes
abd discussed it every day _ so why have
people suddenly get amnesia ..

I truly belive AEG?Randy Phillips and Kenney Ortega
hade MJ best interest at heart _ of course he was
going to make money for them _ and they for him
There is nothign shady about _ that was a biz deal
and a very lucritive on for all invloved ..

MJs drug use is seperate from all this
its another part of his life. not revealed
to his promoters or family so to speak
although Im sure many suspected but
I dont thonk they were really involved in
that aspect of MJs life ..

Re-reading the quote, he states he is fending off characters from his past. The thing is we don't know who those people are that he is referring to. It could mean that he was hearing from people who wanted to now lay claim to the deal, etc. Remember that AEG was being dragged in to Bain's and AllGood's lawsuits. All of a sudden, Schaffel is speaking out as Debbie Rowe's new found best friend. We really just don't know. But, I will say again, he is making no statement different than many people on this board and many other boards have said regarding those Michael has been around. While it was a business deal, we don't know the personal comfort level between Michael and Phillips, so it could be possible that he took on a protective role in regards to Michael. Again, it would be no different than the sentiment that has been expressed by fans themselves when talking about what they would do to protect Michael. I remember Phillips saying that he would get texts about crazy stories concerning Michael even at times when Michael was sitting right across from him; who knows what else he was getting besides tabloid rumors. At this point, we just don't know, so there could have been something or someone that he felt that he needed protecting from. Honestly, we can say all we want that it wasn't his role or place to be concerned; but, again, fans have expressed the same sentiments and actions before, with others pointing out that it wasn't their place or role to try being so protective or warning Michael about anyone in his life. It is really a matter of what info. he had that we may not have had and perspective. Of course, anyone who was "being kept away" would feel it was done unfairly.

I am really reserving judgment on a lot of this until more comes out because there are holes spouting up from many sides, including some I would hate to see. We have heard before about Michael being blocked from people and we have also heard before Michael requesting people to be blocked from him. All I know is that Michael was busting his butt preparing for this concert and it seems as if something went horribly wrong. What? I don't know at this time. Until some of these "reports" are actually cleared up as fact, we can't say what was and wasn't strange.

I just know that so many reports from people who had been with Michael previously leading up to tours talked about his hopes and enthusiasm for this project. He truly could have been unaccessible to people, including family, or he could have been dodging people, or he could have been unaware of people trying to get in contact with him. It really could have been any of those situations based on what is out there at this time.

Does anyone have any of the family members on record via interview prior to Michael's death stating their concern for him and the concern about the concerts? I keep thinking about that video again of LaToya being asked about Michael having skin cancer and her response was how he was fine and she was looking forward to going to the concerts. When exactly did they feel disconnected to him? We know there was a picture taken of Mr. and Mrs. Jackson with him when we thought some meeting took place with AllGood. We know that he attended a family function in May. When exactly did the "cut-off" from family begin?

As for the article's quote about waiting for a return on its investment, I've seen too many articles written like this implying direct quotes or info. from Michael to be that convinced. Even if it did come from them, I really don't know if production cost discussion is really that big of a deal since it is done on many concert, theatrical, and movie productions. And it is certainly not a big deal that they were looking for a return on their investment; so was Michael.

I will ask again, what exactly do people think AEG's role would have been in Michael's death? Are people thinking that they were part of some larger conspiracy? I'm not defending AEG; I'm just not understanding what people are getting at concerning them. But, I will say this, at this point, I could come up with endless possibilities about a host of people who all could have their own agendas whether truly intentional or just covering their butts at this point so as not to get any fall-out.

I really hope you are right, qbee. I have my concerns about Randy Phillips and I have my concerns about MJ's health as well as some of the things we're being fed by Kenny Ortega and AEG.

We'll know about MJ's true health status this Friday, as the toxicology reports will be read by the coroner and LAPD (This according to CNN). I just feel AEG is covering something up. Just a hunch.

My gosh looks like they all were using mike!:bugeyed

Poor mike never knew who he could trust :(

I want something definitive about MJ's health also before making any judgments about this concert because so many were trying to put this down before it was even announced. You had too many "he can't do this and he won't do this" for my comfort level. If there was a problem, we may also have a case of Michael not admitting to anyone how he truly felt. Again, that is a possibility that must be taken into account. If he was determined not to be stopped with these concerts starting, then he himself may have been making sure that no one was given a reason to stop them in any way. It wasn't just Ortega and Phillips talking about Michael's drive with these concerts. That is the problem here. It would have to be a huge orchestration to get everyone to say this.

And gbee, you are right that too many people popped up after the announcement of these concerts. These concerts were about to happen. Heck, Elizabeth Taylor was packing to go to London and had arrangements for travel there.

My concerns regarding AEG:

Michael supposedly passed a 4 hour physical. Assuming if Michael was addicted to drugs or sickly, he wouldn't have passed it. If the toxicology reports one or the other, then AEG has covered up Michael's true health status, thus perpetrating a major fraud. It implies that they were in it solely for the money, disregarding Michael's health.

Michael Jackson was a grown man capable of making his own decisions, be it good or bad. Randy Phillips did not have the right to hire managers, and cut Michael off from ANYONE. That was Michael's decision. It looks as if Randy Phillips/AEG controlled every aspect of Michael Jackson in the last months, weeks, and days of his life. I know for a fact that Michael Jackson was quick to cut people off if he felt like it. He didn't need anyone doing that for him. There was no reason that a concert promoter should have had THAT MUCH POWER to create a "a protective wall to stop people getting to him the way they used to".

That is above and beyond the requirements of a concert promoter. It also implies that Michael was inept and couldn't do jack for himself.

I question why AEG hired Conrad Murphy without checking his credentials. If Conrad wasn't licensed to practice in California, then surely he wasn't licensed to practice in Europe. The man couldn't even fill a prescription. Why no background check? Why didn't they question Michael? What did he need a doctor for? Why Murphy? What did AEG know? It just doesn't add up. For a man who passed a 4 hour physical, Michael was "insistent" on having a specific doctor, a cardiologist. You mean to tell me, AEG didn't question that? An insurance company would have had a fit over an artist, about to embark on a 50 date tour, with a hired cardiologist, which implies heart issue. Actually, the insurer would have dropped the whole thing.

That is why I am very suspicious of AEG. I'm not saying they killed Michael, but I feel like they are covering their asses.

Reactions: L.J
My gosh looks like they all were using mike!:bugeyed

Poor mike never knew who he could trust :(

At this point, we can't say who was using Michael and who wasn't. We just know that he made a business deal that was going to be very profitable to AEG and very profitable to him financially, image-wise, and career-wise.

I don't want to point the finger at AEG just yet. But I found something interesting about Frank Dileo. I remember way back when Raymone was still working with Michael, a fan (I don't know how reliable this person is) said that Michael wanted Frank Dileo back, and Frank wanted to come back, but Raymone would not let him back in because she was supposedly scared that if Frank came back into the picture, he would have gotten rid of Raymone and Grace. A lot of people wrote it off as "bullsh*t", but looking back now, it all makes sense. Here's the email:

"-----Original Message-----
To: XXXXXXXX@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21.55PM
Subject: Please read ENTIRE email"

Dear Ms. Bain

On the fan underground its saying that you have said its not true regarding Frank Dileo being asked back by Michael. We know that is not true. We know you called him and told him that Michael wanted him back. In fact, everyone who saw this “denial” comment from yourself know that your lying about it.

You must think we’re stupid.. You must think we don’t have a clue what is going on, well your wrong. We know exactly what’s going on.

We know Frank is not the only one being blocked by you and Grace. We know that Michael’s family are not able to be put through to him and neither you or Grace forward the messages on to Michael.

We know that Friends are being blocked by yourself and Grace. We know that you wont allow business people into Michael’s life that don’t like you or Grace because your both frightened that they might influence him to fire both of you.

We know that you and Grace lie to Michael’s face about a large majority of things. We know that Michael WOULD NOT be doing this Japan fiasco if he knew the truth about it.

Are you aware that fans have heard that Broderick Morris is a dishonest man? Oh yeah… Course you did, silly me, everyone has emailed you about it but in typical Bain style you ignored it and swept that right under the rug… Must be getting pretty lumpy under that rug of yours.

Do you have ANY idea how pathetic yours and Grace’s business decisions are making Michael look? We know Will.I.am is not going to be working with Michael and is upset that he was used for a “Fluff” piece on Access Hollywood.

We know that Michael is easily manipulated by those around him, and he clearly has not escaped you two either. I remember an article a while back that you were interviewed in. You stated that you were by Michael’s side on Verdict day… You were NOT there, we KNOW that, and pictures show that, you were fired by Michael personally too. But your back, and we know its Grace that got you back. Your willing to report to Grace so she got you back because of that.

Did you know that this Japanese dinner looks desperate, and because of yours and Grace lack of advice to Michael he is now getting bad press in the only place has NEVER EVER gotten it before? Yup you knew that too didn’t you?

Michael went through hell and back with his trial and previous allegation and not once did he get bad press in Japan. Did you know that this event is the first time the Japanese press have said a bad word about him? Oh yeah... You did know that, silly me, fans emailed you about that too and you YET again ignored them.

The World Music Awards is a prime example of how badly both of you do your jobs. Yours and Grace’s unprofessional and questionable work ethics left Michael looking like a fool.

The fans are sick and tired of both of you. The family are upset that they cant speak to their Son/Brother/Uncle because of yours and Grace’s lack of morals. Michael is going to have no career if you two carry on with what your doing and will soon be opening themeparks and become a pathetic looking public speaker because no one wants to work with him because of the crap organisational skills you two women both have.

How dare you not go back to Michael and tell him that Frank Dileo said he would come back and work for Michael. He ASKED for Frank back. Michael has complained that he was told that Frank wasn’t available. That is NOT true. Frank IS available and said yes and you damn well know that, and your both helping put Michael’s career on a backburner because your both afraid of losing your jobs? What kind of people are you? Grace likes to portray herself as a religious upstanding respectful woman, but fans have said she has been nothing short of manipulative, ugly, disgusting and rude to the them and people who have fleetingly been allowed into his life for a nano second. Not to mention that the last security guard who actually cared about Michael (Kerry) left because of Grace. We know that Grace wants Michael to have no fans left and to think that he has nothing left to sing for so she can go live a happy little life with him, so what your both doing is just her little plan being put into action.

How dare you two women decide who he can and cant speak to. His family are more important than you, but his mother is entitled to have direct access to her son, if she wants to speak to him YOU put her through, don’t forward the call to Grace. Grace has no right to decide if Michael can speak with his own mother. I cannot imagine how much crap Grace and yourself has filled Michael’s mind with regarding his family.

I imagine your both working flat out to turn him against just about everyone he once held so dear to his heart so that eventually Michael himself will want to avoid those people, assuming that hasn’t started already.

Both of your reputations are not exactly intact and I can see why. I wonder why yourself and Janet Jackson parted ways during the promotion of The Velvet Rope.

FIVE European Fan clubs are folding because they have nothing to be motivated by.

Michael has a world wide fan base, consisting of millions of people, EVERYONE on planet earth is a fan of Michael’s music, maybe not the man but definitely the music and because of yours and Grace’s less than impressive managerial skills your depriving everyone of the music… Not to mention depriving Michael of his creativity and not giving him a reason to be motivated.

The fans are fed up and tired of your BS. Katrina single this, Katrina single that. Please!
Everyone, I mean EVERYONE saw from the outset that this song was not going to go anywhere. And he got the blame for it, when the blame really is on your terrible work ethics and Grace for being such a *$%# wet blanket and babying him to the point where she was telling him to go to bed when he was being motivated to go to a studio and work on the damn song.

Japan ticket prices are being blamed on Michael, everyone can see that. He NEVER sets the ticket prices, I’ve met Michael many MANY times, and never paid once for that, and one of those occasions I stood in the street for 2 hours with him again, totally free. Michael has always been unimpressed when ticket prices have been above a certain level this Japan trip is a prime example of why he clearly has no knowledge of the prices.

Did you know that during all his tours he had someone employed to look at the average earning of the General Public in each country so that ticket prices for his fans were affordable? Did you know that Michael threw a fit at Madison Square Garden’s when he knew that some fans were being ripped off to the tune of over $1000 for a seat at the show? Did you know that for a 2 and a half hour LIVE concert in Tokyo and Yokahama in 1996 and 1997 cost only $77? Now to shake his hand its minimum $1700. Do you not see what’s wrong with that? Actually, I’m sure you both see what’s wrong with that but I’m sure your both getting a nice slice of the proceeds so your just going to ignore it…. How professional of you both.

I hope you and Grace are both happy with what your doing, and I hope you both choke on the proceeds you make from your half assed business advising you do with him. I just hope very soon that Michael opens his eyes from the drugs haze Grace has him on and can see that both your asses need to be canned and fast or he is going to be cutting the ribbon at the opening of the newest gas station in town.

Mark my words. At some point in time, Michael will be told this, the fans will get to him, and tell him ALL of this.

And this is her reply:

"-----Original Message-----
To: xxxxxxx@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10.40AM
Subject: Re: Please read ENTIRE email

Listen, stop sending me these ridiculous emails.

Frankly, I do not care what you say, who you represent, who you speak
for or what you think. It is none of my business what you think about me,
my team or anything else.

I am forwarding your email to my spam folder and from this moment on
have placed a block from an email with this address.

If you have nothing to do, spend your time annoying someone else. I'm
too busy."

Raymone K Bain

http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=23356

Now this could be just another crazy @ss fan, I don't know. But it seems very interesting to me, and it makes sense. According to this fan, Grace was feeding Michael drugs to control him. They knew that if Frank came into the picture, Grace and Raymone would be the first to go. That's what Raymone was scared of.

EDIT: I would just like to add, Frank and Michael had a long relationship, and Frank supported MJ during the trial also. I think Michael really wanted him back.

Last edited:

Michael supposedly passed a 4 hour physical. Assuming if Michael was addicted to drugs or sickly, he wouldn't have passed it. If the toxicology reports one or the other, then AEG has covered up Michael's true health status, thus perpetrating a major fraud. It implies that they were in it solely for the money, disregarding Michael's health.

Michael Jackson was a grown man capable of making his own decisions, be it good or bad. Randy Phillips did not have the right to hire managers, and cut Michael off from ANYONE. That was Michael's decision. It looks as if Randy Phillips/AEG controlled every aspect of Michael Jackson in the last months, weeks, and days of his life. I know for a fact that Michael Jackson was quick to cut people off if he felt like it. He didn't need anyone doing that for him. There was no reason that a concert promoter should have had THAT MUCH POWER to create a "a protective wall to stop people getting to him the way they used to".

That is above and beyond the requirements of a concert promoter. It also implies that Michael was inept and couldn't do jack for himself.

I question why AEG hired Conrad Murphy without checking his credentials. If Conrad wasn't licensed to practice in California, then surely he wasn't licensed to practice in Europe. The man couldn't even fill a prescription. Why no background check? Why didn't they question Michael? What did he need a doctor for? Why Murphy? What did AEG know? It just doesn't add up. For a man who passed a 4 hour physical, Michael was "insistent" on having a specific doctor, a cardiologist. You mean to tell me, AEG didn't question that? An insurance company would have had a fit over an artist, about to embark on a 50 date tour, with a hired cardiologist, which implies heart issue. Actually, the insurer would have dropped the whole thing.

That is why I am very suspicious of AEG. I'm not saying they killed Michael, but I feel like they are covering their asses.

Thanks for the explanation; I get where you are coming from.

Well, I agree with you on one thing, a lot of people are covering or at least trying to cover their asses now. I agree with the suspicions around the doctor. I still say he is the key here and if they have anything on him, I'm sure he will sing like a bird if there is anyone else to take down. I doubt he will take it by himself if the police charge wrongdoing. I would love to know how he really came in contact with Michael in the first place.

But, I think that it also depends upon what has happened in the past. If it is absolutely proved about an anethesiologist being on the History tour with him, then all that we say about how a cardiologist should have raised red flags with everyone from the crew to the promoters to the insurers would have to be said about an anethesiologist, even more so. So in that case, that tour should have been shut down or the presence of an anethesiologist severely question and not allowed. Frankly it could have been a case, if Michael truly is the one that insisted on the doctor being there, of keeping the star happy and comfortable. He wouldn't be the first and not the last to make demands that really may seen absurd but given to make sure the show goes on. I guess it really all depends on what the doctor actually told police and what they have confirmed as true or not about his statements.

As far a Phillips' role with decisions, I would need more info. and proof than just the accusations. Like I said before, we have heard it all. And it could have been a case of Michael saying to him "you deal with this and just let me create." At this point, we can't say what took place between them and what did not or what "rights" he gave or did not give to Phillips. I will point back again to Bain who made the same such statements only for us to find out through McMillan that Michael did take control of the situation himself; so just because someone is saying now that Michael was being controled does not convince me in and of itself that every aspect of his life was being controlled. Michael would be aware of not speaking to his family in days or weeks. He, being a grown man, would be capable of making the phone calls himself.

I would still want to know how they came to the decision of concerts in July with no prior work really being laid out at the time of the concerts being announced. Again, was this the norm for Michael in terms of concert preparation time. If not, what was the rush this time?

As for the physical, I'm sure that those records will have been requested by the coroner (at least, I would hope so if they are collecting other medical records). I would think what was in his last major physical would be of absolute interest. But, that would be a big risk with the insurance company because I would think before they paid out millions they were still going to investigate any concerns. Also, what benefit would it be to AEG to gamble with millions in investments? If something showed the possibility that it would be unlikely for Michael to do the concerts, why take the risk if the probability was he wouldn't withstand the physical strain? Through into the equation that Michael would have had to make absolutely no inquiry to the doctor or to see his results. If he did, then the doctor would have had to mislead him. Wasn't it stated that the physical was arranged by the insurance company and not AEG? I couldn't imagine the insurance company allowing AEG to be in control of such when talking about millions of dollars. I would think that AEG would be just fine financially without having to commit insurance fraud just for the sake of producing Michael Jackson concerts.

Sadly at this point there are so many possibilities and unanswered questions. Yes, after rehearsals, Michael was going to appear tired, perhaps high-strung or anxious. That would be expected. I guess the key would be how was he at other times.

I don't want to point the finger at AEG just yet. But I found something interesting about Frank Dileo. I remember way back when Raymone was still working with Michael, a fan (I don't know how reliable this person is) said that Michael wanted Frank Dileo back, and Frank wanted to come back, but Raymone would not let him back in because she was supposedly scared that if Frank came back into the picture, he would have gotten rid of Raymone and Grace. A lot of people wrote it off as "bullsh*t", but looking back now, it all makes sense. Here's the email:

http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=23356

Now this could be just another crazy @ss fan, I don't know. But it seems very interesting to me, and it makes sense. According to this fan, Grace was feeding Michael drugs to control him. They knew that if Frank came into the picture, Grace would be the first to go. That's what Raymone was scared of.

And this is an example of why I can't at this point jump on Phillips if he was being protective of Michael. If fans felt that they could be this involved in Michael's business, then I guess Phillips would have felt so also. The thing is Phillips may have been basing his off conversations and arrangements with Michael; we just don't know yet.

Phillips was trying to protect his own interests, not Michael's interests
from the first time I heard about them I thought these are sleazy businessmen who stuck their claws into Michael and I kept on worrying from that point on. I'm not saying they hurt him but they definitely pushed him and used him and took advantage of his vulnerability, with all those lawsuits and no real manager to represent him
do you think they really cared about Michael? it was all business it was all money

I'm honestly still confused over what fault people think AEG has in this.
At the end of the day, MIchael Jackson was an investment to AEG, Randy Phillips wasn't some long time friend of michael' s so I'm confused as to why people are so suspicious of AEG and RP and why they think him having MJ's best interest at heart was there top concern?

He probably did overextend his role ( as lot of people seem to do with MJ) but in a way its perfectly understandable. He wanted to protect his investment and if that meant blocking some people from MJ . I'm not saying its right but it doesn't sound sinister either.
And Michael was a grown ass man with 40+ plus of performing experience how could anyone control his rehearsal schedule??
If he had to sign off on the look of the merchandise, ticket stubs but he couldn't dictate his rehearsal time??? I find that hard to believe.

And regarding the physical MJ took, we don't know what kind of physical it was meaning how strenous it was, and what it entailed. And if something did show up and they overlooked it, it wasn't just them but MJ overlooked it as well to be able to perform these concerts...

Dr Murray- well he's the one I'm most suspicious of and I think he's the key to finding out what happened to MJ.

AEG and RP are at worst at fault for treating MJ like a business deal instead of a human being but that's not criminal.

The question of why AEG would just put this Dr. on the payroll paying anywhere from $100k to $300k/mo as been reported has bothered me from the jump. Once it was out that AEG had this guy on the payroll, they were quick to point out that it was at MJ's insistance.

Yet MJ needed Phillips and Company to 'protect' him from other people. I mean will the real MJ stand up here? Phillips said that he couldn't say no to Michael about the Doctor because he said that MJ said that 'that it's this body that runs this business'.

At the time, I thought, what a strange thing for MJ to say.

I dunno, but even at MJ's insistance, I would have checked the Dr. out. He's not checking out well and why did the man need to stay at MJ's house?

Phillips was trying to protect his own interests, not Michael's interests
from the first time I heard about them I thought these are sleazy businessmen who stuck their claws into Michael and I kept on worrying from that point on. I'm not saying they hurt him but they definitely pushed him and used him and took advantage of his vulnerability, with all those lawsuits and no real manager to represent him
do you think they really cared about Michael? it was all business it was all money

Let's stop acting as if every business arrangement Michael entered into had to be with ever-loving fans. Of course it was all about business and money. That is what AEG does and how it makes money. It was business for Michael also. Again, he wasn't doing this for free. And again, I will wait to hear proof that Michael was so out of it from beginning to end when it came to dealing with AEG. Michael knew what went into organizing a concert. It is not like this was his first ever. Michael also knows how to say no when it comes to business. Michael was not afraid to tell Thome Thome to fix what he had messed up with the auction so I don't see how he suddenly would have went all frail with AEG.

I agree that Dr Murray and other doctors are the people we should be focussing on, not AEG or Randy Phillips, or Kenny Ortega, or Frank Dileo. Essentially, if this drug dependency thing is proven to be true, then people involved in prescribing unnecessary medications should be held accountable. I'm still wondering why this "cardiologist" did not know how to perform basic CPR. As a cardiologist, did he not have a defibrillator? As a cardiologist, did he not know to do chest compressions on a hard surface? Those are the things that seem suspicious to me. It was almost as if he was doing everything wrong deliberately to ensure that there would be no way the ambulance officers could have saved Michael when they arrived more than 30 minutes later! It's just unbelievable. Chest compressions with one hand and the other around a patient's back! What medical school did he learn that method from?

The question of why AEG would just put this Dr. on the payroll paying anywhere from $100k to $300k/mo as been reported has bothered me from the jump. Once it was out that AEG had this guy on the payroll, they were quick to point out that it was at MJ's insistance.

Yet MJ needed Phillips and Company to 'protect' him from other people. I mean will the real MJ stand up here? Phillips said that he couldn't say no to Michael about the Doctor because he said that MJ said that 'that it's this body that runs this business'.

At the time, I thought, what a strange thing for MJ to say.

I dunno, but even at MJ's insistance, I would have checked the Dr. out. He's not checking out well and why did the man need to stay at MJ's house?

The doctor is in the middle of all of this in terms of what happened with his involvement. Hopefully, we will find out more when they release results of the investigation. For instance, how often was he around Michael? And what is in his medical files on Michael? As for Michael's supposed statement about his body running this business, I could see the point being it's my body that will be making the money therefore I decide who oversees my health; take it or leave it. If so, at this point, AEG probably couldn't afford to leave it. Again, this part is kind of related to the claims that he had an anethesiologist on another tour. That would have been just as weird. AEG may very well have checked him out or they may have simply trusted that Michael would not have wanted a doctor that wasn't of good standing and would have made sure himself about the quality of doctor that he had. And unless there was something sinister going on, I really can't see a promoter wanting a doctor that cost that much for any reason other than Michael's insistence. I guess another key factor will be if the doctor was involved with Michael prior to the AEG deal or only afterwards. At this point there is just so much info. missing concerning the doctor that we really can't judge anyone surrounding this at the moment.

Let's stop acting as if every business arrangement Michael entered into had to be with ever-loving fans. Of course it was all about business and money. That is what AEG does and how it makes money. It was business for Michael also. Again, he wasn't doing this for free. And again, I will wait to hear proof that Michael was so out of it from beginning to end when it came to dealing with AEG. Michael knew what went into organizing a concert. It is not like this was his first ever. Michael also knows how to say no when it comes to business. Michael was not afraid to tell Thome Thome to fix what he had messed up with the auction so I don't see how he suddenly would have went all frail with AEG.
I will say this. The stakes become very high when there is a lot of money involved. The question remains: if Michael Jackson checked out with respect to 2 full out physicals, then why the need for a doctor on the AEG payroll before the first show? Why an alleged 'cardiologist'? If MJ insisted on having this doctor on board, why didn't it raise alarm bells as to MJ's physical condition? Especially, according to Phillips, he stated that he told MJ to wait to obtain Doctors in the UK.

Since the physicals were so important in securing an insurance policy, I don't get why someone wasn't alarmed over MJ's insistance on having a doctor right now.

At best, there is some culpability here.

I don't trust anyone who was around Michael Jackson before his death. And I don't trust Randy Phillips or Dr. Murray. Michael Jackson isn't around anymore to say what took place, who hired who, who asked for who to work for him.

Randy Phillips is telling the world that Michael Jackson wanted Dr. Murray as his doctor, but we don't know if that is true. AEG was renting that mansion in Holmby Hills for Michael. AEG is behind every freaking thing involving Michael Jackson.

I am praying that the true comes out one way or the other.

To me Latoya Jackson is sounding more and more credible. I'm just waiting as the weeks and months ahead un-fold.

NOTHINGS SEEMS RIGHT. IT ALL LOOKS LIKE A BIG SCAM.......

I don't trust anyone who was around Michael Jackson before his death. And I don't trust Randy Phillips or Dr. Murray. Michael Jackson isn't around anymore to say what took place, who hired who, who asked for who to work for him.

Randy Phillips is telling the world that Michael Jackson wanted Dr. Murray as his doctor, but we don't know if that is true. AEG was renting that mansion in Holmby Hills for Michael. AEG is behind every freaking thing involving Michael Jackson.

I am praying that the true comes out one way or the other.

To me Latoya Jackson is sounding more and more credible. I'm just waiting as the weeks and months ahead un-fold.

NOTHINGS SEEMS RIGHT. IT ALL LOOKS LIKE A BIG SCAM.......

How is it known that AEG rented that home for MJ?

I will say this. The stakes become very high when there is a lot of money involved. The question remains: if Michael Jackson checked out with respect to 2 full out physicals, then why the need for a doctor on the AEG payroll before the first show? Why an alleged 'cardiologist'? If MJ insisted on having this doctor on board, why didn't it raise alarm bells as to MJ's physical condition? Especially, according to Phillips, he stated that he told MJ to wait to obtain Doctors in the UK.

Since the physicals were so important in securing an insurance policy, I don't get why someone wasn't alarmed over MJ's insistance on having a doctor right now.

At best, there is some culpability here.

I would have to know who really insisted on the doctor. Again, it would be like him insisting on anything else. Or it could have been simply keep him happy if he is going to put up a fuss about it; that doesn't necesarily mean that alarm bells didn't go off either. Do we know definitely what Michael has done for tours beforehand or would this have been the first that he had a personal physician? If it really was AEG, then they would definitely have to answer some questions. I guess really it could be a matter of tracking the money again in terms of who made any payments previously to the doctor and when.

All I know is that I have a feeling someone dropped the ball big time. And it ended very wrongly. No matter which theory you go on, be it what L. Rowe and Joe Jackson are saying or anyone else, there are people on all sides that may have added fuel to the fire if some of these reports are true. But, I'm not ready to accept all or any of these reports just yet because once again everything is opposite. I'm just not sure if it is those who may seem obvious if there is any wrongdoing.

Then again the investigation may be totally away from any of this that we have been discussing.

How is it known that AEG rented that home for MJ?

I saw this in some articles too. But, we don't know if it really is true or was simply further attemtps to make it seem as if Michael couldn't afford anything himself. If they were, it could have been once Michael signed the contract, they paid his housing, etc. which is a possibility. You know there were perks to his signing this deal.

I just posted a new thread about a statement concerning a Jackson Family reunion concert posted on Champion Mgt's website. Isn't that L. Rowe's company? When did that happen?

I just posted a new thread about a statement concerning a Jackson Family reunion concert posted on Champion Mgt's website. Isn't that L. Rowe's company? When did that happen?

It's his company. I'm not going to point the finger at Leonard, because I feel a doctor's incompetence is more to blame for MJ's death then anything else, but something has been bothering me about what Leonard has been saying in these interviews. Leonard Rowe was supposedly so concerned about MJ not being able to pull off the 50 dates at the O2, and yet, when Michael was alive, he expected Michael to not only do the O2 shows, but do this Jackson family reunion as well. He was putting unnecessary stress on Michael. From all accounts, even from Michael's own mouth, MJ did NOT want to do yet another concert or record with his brothers. I think eventually he agreed to do it, because, if he didn't, he would have ended up in a massive legal tangle. All Good Entertainment agreed to work around the O2 shows if Michael agreed to do this Jackson family reunion. If Michael didn't agree, then All Good Entertainment were planning to have his shows at the O2 cancelled for breach of contract. If Michael wanted to perform at the O2, then he had no choice but to do these Jackson family reunion concerts as well. Leonard felt that MJ was capable of doing that. But now he's on tv saying that MJ couldn't pull off 50 shows. Somebody is lying here.

Last edited:
It's his company. I'm not going to point the finger at Leonard, because I feel a doctor's incompetence is more to blame for MJ's death then anything else, but something has been bothering me about what Leonard has been saying in these interviews. Leonard Rowe was supposedly so concerned about MJ not being able to pull off the 50 dates at the O2, and yet, when Michael was alive, he expected Michael to not only do the O2 shows, but do this Jackson family reunion as well. He was putting unnecessary stress on Michael. From all accounts, even from Michael's own mouth, MJ did NOT want to do yet another concert or record with his brothers. I think eventually he agreed to do it, because, if he didn't, he would have ended up in a massive legal tangle. All Good Entertainment agreed to work around the O2 shows if Michael agreed to do this Jackson family reunion. If Michael didn't agree, then All Good Entertainment were planning to have his shows at the O2 cancelled for breach of contract. If Michael wanted to perform at the O2, then he had no choice but to do these Jackson family reunion concerts as well. Leonard felt that MJ was capable of doing that. But now he's on tv saying that MJ couldn't pull off 50 shows. Somebody is lying here.

Well, it really isn't about pointing the fingers at him. I just thought that it was interesting because the last I heard there was a lawsuit against Michael for this so I was wondering when this announcement could have been posted and if anyone had heard it in the media or from AllGood. It even has an update acknowledging Michael's passing.

MJ fired Rowe in May
Period.

Who would you believe?
Rowe who came in Jan and left in May or Frank Dileo who has been MJ for a really long time before...and was keeping in touch when he was busy with something else

Who would you believe? Rowe or Branca who was actually holding on to MJ's will..guess what, cos MJ trusted him...

Back