Latoya was paid for her interview claiming Michael was dead

Shamonee

Proud Member
source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1616199/20090714/jackson_michael.jhtml

Just days after a British tabloid published a story in which Michael Jackson's older sister LaToya Jackson alleged that the 50-year-old singer was murdered for his money by unnamed members of a "shadowy entourage," CNN has reported that LaToya was paid for her interview.
A common practice in tabloid journalism, Jackson's payment for the interview was confirmed for CNN by an unnamed source said to be close to the Jackson family and "another source familiar with the interview arrangements." It was not disclosed how much money LaToya was paid, but Caroline Graham, the reporter for the Daily Mail who conducted the interview last Thursday, said Jackson was "very candid" throughout the four-hour sit-down, which took place in Los Angeles just two days after her brother's public memorial.
LaToya, 53, a onetime Playboy model who was estranged from the rest of the Jackson family for a time in the early 1990s after she claimed her brother acted inappropriately with children, did not give any proof to back up her murder claim. She told the Mail that the family has received the results of a private autopsy it ordered, but she declined to reveal the findings of those tests.
"I believe Michael was murdered, I felt that from the start," the Mail quoted LaToya as saying over the weekend. "Not just one person was involved; rather it was a conspiracy of people."
Reporter Graham said the choice of words from LaToya "stopped me dead in my tracks," prompting her to ask, "Are you sure the word 'murder' is what you want to use?" Jackson responded that she purposely chose that word. "He was surrounded by a bad circle," LaToya said in the interview. "Michael was a very meek, quiet, loving person. People took advantage of that. People fought to be close to him, people who weren't always on his side."

What do you make of this?

i think they said this on the view today and whoopi goldberg thought it was wrong to get paid, and i agree, here latoya is talking about people using him as a cash cow and yet shes doing the same, oh but its okay for family to do this right? pssh.
here in america if you get paid for interviews you arent crediable and well.. it doesnt look good.
joe jackson and latoya love all this attention because they never were big stars i guess... using their brother and son as usual, and that uk reporter on larry king, did not want to say latoya was paid but, it was obvious she was by her remark.
latoya, this is not a job, you shouldn't get paid for this, this isnt your 15mins of fame, your brother died. have your say, but you better not be paid.
they talk about people coming in and out of michaels life using him, not trusting people he knew, but dont put blame on them selfs if they needed michaels money/ fame to get ahead.

If she did say all of those things in the interview, then she is worse than all of them. To reveal Michalel's children's most private last moments with their father, to say Michael is not Blanket's father? Well, saying all that and then getting PAID for it on top of it all? Guess her first lie is that she was closest to Michael. No one who really loved him would expose his children that way - and to take money for it? She might just as well have taken a picture and sold it - IMO it's that bad.

I'm just hoping - probably in vain - that she didn't really say all that.

Well, obviously it doesn't look good, knowing that she got paid for the interview and I don't quite know what to think of it... but then again, the tabloids are using these interviews and Michael to make shitloads of money... so why should she help them for free to make more money? And it's not like Michael didn't sell his children's pix to tabloids!

and who doesn't get paid for interwiews nowadays? all those leeches and bastards coming out of the blue talking crap about Michael, do you think they don't get paid? They do and it's a lot.

Maybe they feel like their bills still need to get paid...although I believe there are better ways to get money without losing your dignity.

Don't see why she shouldn't get paid IMO. Debatable whether she should have said all she did, (if she did say all that) but she presumably had a lot to get off her chest. Added to that she's obviously grieving, upset and angry.

To be honest, I think it's only dodgy Joe Jackson who should stfu

Well, obviously it doesn't look good, knowing that she got paid for the interview and I don't quite know what to think of it... but then again, the tabloids are using these interviews and Michael to make shitloads of money... so why should she help them for free to make more money? And it's not like Michael didn't sell his children's pix to tabloids!

As far as I know, Michael only sold to one magazine and it wasn't a tabloid. That was when Prince was an infant, and if I recall correctly, the money was given to charity.

And what LaToya did, among other things, was make a profit off of the children's most private grieving moments. If she wanted to make a quick buck, just running her mouth about murder would have done it. Wasn't necessary to expose Michael and the children that way. That was an ugly thing to do. I've read accounts of the private service from others and they only gave general accounts and refusing to say more out of respect for the family's privacy.

Apparently LaToya only has respect for her bank account.

Back