Michael Jackson was confronted by family over drugs - Tito Jackson

Whoa182

Proud Member
READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...mily-over-drugs-tito-jackson-115875-21520333/

Tito Jackson told yesterday how he and his brothers and sisters launched a military-style raid on Neverland to confront Michael over his addiction to painkillers.

The Jackson family had become increasingly alarmed at stories that Michael was hooked on prescription drugs. But ***** was desperate to keep his worrying habit from them.

Tito said: “I never saw him on drugs. Not once. He deliberately did it away from us. He didn’t want his family to know anything about that part of him.

“He did almost everything in his power to make sure we didn’t know.”

This is a tabloid article. I don´t think it is real. It is what they usually do and say that oh but that person has said so himself. By that I dno´t mean to say anything except that I think this article is fake. What I know Tito said just months ago, in april or early may was that he was hoping there would be a Jackson 5 reunion when MJ did the London conserts, that was on video.

Seems quite a detailed interview to be fake. Most people said La Toya was fake too, but no it wasn't.

I think this is real, it goes with what they said from the start, from hours after michael died.

Seems quite a detailed interview to be fake. Most people said La Toya was fake too, but no it wasn't.

I think this is real, it goes with what they said from the start, from hours after michael died.
We'll know soon when they start discussing it on CNN,MSNBC, etc.
If MJ was on prescription drugs then a lot of his close friends and family have said they never saw him on it. I truly believe they would've done something if they knew or saw him on it. Man this is all so sad, I can't imagine how his family is feeling about this prescription drugs thing.

That seems very realistic
and nothing tabloid or creepy about This article
as they usually do. It sounds sincere. Nothing
odd in it all and very close to Titos nature and
how he speaks .. no sensationailsm in this article
very respectful and well done ..

Note that the article talked about an intervention being planned at neverland. MJ has not lived there for years so I suspect they took the incident Tito was referring to out of context

Why are we suddenly believing tabloids now? They are talking about Neverland which makes this sound old. I remember there being big stories about Michael being addicted to painkillers years ago, so this sounds like Tito is talking about then. If this is a new article, why doesn't he speak about a recent intervention if they were so concerned?

Note that the article talked about an intervention being planned at neverland. MJ has not lived there for years so I suspect they took the incident Tito was referring to out of context

Yes. If this article is to be believed - then the intervention that Tito allegedly spoke about must have been before Jun 13th 2005. Probably before this actually, since TMez and Mark Gregaros both said they saw no issues. The article is misleading because it quotes Tito as saying something about a Dr - which implies that he's referring to just before MJs death - so there's some confusion in this article to say the least

seems legit to me....
The jackson family seem to be getting money from these tabloids to speak.

I saw Jermaine on some major US show at Neverland after MJ died. He said that he doesn't know if MJ had a prescription drug issue, and would be hurt if he found out that he did. This doesn't really fit together IMO.

I saw Jermaine on some major US show at Neverland after MJ died. He said that he doesn't know if MJ had a prescription drug issue, and would be hurt if he found out that he did. This doesn't really fit together IMO.

You're right,it doesn't fit together.

EDIT:He doesn't mentions Jermaine in this interview though.

Last edited:
Not really sure what to make of it, but it does seem a pretty convincing and real interview to me.

As far as why didn't they help... someone has to want help. You can't force someone to go clean unless you throw them in prison.

It seems real to me, but why are the Jacksons running to tabloids? Go on Larry King or something... Do proper interviews. Go on Oprah. But they're running to the news of the world, the daily mail, the mirror... they know their words are just going to get twisted... I would be more inclined to believe it if he did an interview with a respected journalist, not some trashy paper.

Yes. If this article is to be believed - then the intervention that Tito allegedly spoke about must have been before Jun 13th 2005. Probably before this actually, since TMez and Mark Gregaros both said they saw no issues. The article is misleading because it quotes Tito as saying something about a Dr - which implies that he's referring to just before MJs death - so there's some confusion in this article to say the least

Michael very well may have had a recent problem but we don't know such as yet in terms of the prescription medicine. Or he could have been taking medicine that was necessary. The only thing then would be the concern of the Diprivan if true that it was found in the house.

But, you are right; so far, there has been no one to make statements about recent prescription med. abuse. Everything has been from the '90s to early 2000 years.

Well, if this is to be an honest interview, then Tito has just stated that Michael would give directions to staff to keep family away at times. So, this is why I don't buy the theory of others isolating him from family. Plus Tito doesn't really say that was what was going on at this time.

Michael very well may have had a recent problem but we don't know such as yet in terms of the prescription medicine. Or he could have been taking medicine that was necessary. The only thing then would be the concern of the Diprivan if true that it was found in the house.

But, you are right; so far, there has been no one to make statements about recent prescription med. abuse. Everything has been from the '90s to early 2000 years.

Well, if this is to be an honest interview, then Tito has just stated that Michael would give directions to staff to keep family away at times. So, this is why I don't buy the theory of others isolating him from family. Plus Tito doesn't really say that was what was going on at this time.

It seems real to me, but why are the Jacksons running to tabloids? Go on Larry King or something... Do proper interviews. Go on Oprah. But they're running to the news of the world, the daily mail, the mirror... they know their words are just going to get twisted... I would be more inclined to believe it if he did an interview with a respected journalist, not some trashy paper.

Going to overseas tabloids, first gives stories longer shelf life since the stories have to make their way over here, 2nd they are probably paying more... ( let's keep it 100)

I really have a problem with all of this..I put them in the same category as Uri Gellar and the like .... whatever drug probelms MJ had in 1984, 1993, 2000, 2003, 2005 or whatever year these people's stories are from has nothing do with June 25th 2009. so I don't understand putting these stories out there.
What the hell does telling MJ's personal business accomplish at this point?
I don't mind them giving interveiws but do interviews that combat all the negative stories not add to them.
They should be uplifting MJ's legacy not letting the last words on MJ be he was a drug addict.

I will say what is weird is there is very little talk about Michael of 2009. We now get the past problems with prescription meds. He admitted that. He could have still been having problems but no one is talking about those problems in terms of now. So, I tend to understand what you are saying.

If there was something going on with Diprivan,then that is where the focus should be. That would mean someone definitely has to be held accountable. The rest is just for gossip at this point.

I will say what is weird is there is very little talk about Michael of 2009. We now get the past problems with prescription meds. He admitted that. He could have still been having problems but no one is talking about those problems in terms of now. So, I tend to understand what you are saying.

If there was something going on with Diprivan,then that is where the focus should be. That would mean someone definitely has to be held accountable. The rest is just for gossip at this point.

Judging by that interview, I don't think Tito's even sure that he had an addiction. Seems to me that he heard some rumours and they went to confront Michael without knowing if it was true or what those drugs were.

I'm going to believe this interview.. it seems real to me. And they're not trying to sensationalize that it could be a conspiracy or that Michael was an addict... I think they're just trying to get some questions answered.

excatly... the only important thing is what was in MJ's system on June 25th and that information will provided by the tox report.
Whatever he took in 2005 was not in his system in 2009.....
So all this mess is exploitation.... And its sad that its from his own family.

AEG's role is fishy to some extent but despite Whatever suspect things having to do with AEG is they've been the most respectful and positive about MJ in all this. Along with Kenny, the dancers etc... all the people connected to the show are all positive and they saw him the most in the last few weeks...

the Jackson family has been making this a circus from the start. TMZ said they got the whole demorol story from a jackson family member
Why put this stuff out there???
THere is reason MJ kept his family at bay...

I also heard Jermaine say in an interview that Michael was really against the abuse of drugs so he was very confused.I think he did use prescription drugs and did have a dependency on pain killers after the burns in the 80s but it is well documented thathe got treatment for that. What is not clear at what point did he get addicted again. I don't believe he was as addicted as they say as he would have been a zombie not able to dance as in rehearsal footage. I think he may have used prescription drugs but you still do not just drop dead. Something does not make sense.

Some people are real serious drug addicts ie keith richards and they still don't just drop dead, ie Ozzie Osborne , he really went some. you can tell he damaged himself. I wouldn't trust any stories being sold to the media, as the media will twist the words they always do to report what they want

Last edited:
excatly... the only important thing is what was in MJ's system on June 25th and that information will provided by the tox report.
Whatever he took in 2005 was not in his system in 2009.....
So all this mess is exploitation.... And its sad that its from his own family.

AEG's role is fishy to some extent but despite Whatever suspect things having to do with AEG is they've been the most respectful and positive about MJ in all this. Along with Kenny, the dancers etc... all the people connected to the show are all positive and they saw him the most in the last few weeks...

the Jackson family has been making this a circus from the start. TMZ said they got the whole demorol story from a jackson family member
Why put this stuff out there???
THere is reason MJ kept his family at bay...
It also seems like Joe, the brothers and sometimes even Janet always tried to talk him into doing a reuinion tour that he obviously didn´t want to do. I still don´t know what to beleive and I am still waiting for some actual facts. I agree with the poster who said that whatever problems he had in the past says nothing about what was the case now. Also I guess he had to take some medication because he had Lupus and Vitiligo. A huge media spin is what I see and it reminds me a lot of the situation 93.

I'm reading these interviews, and they are not making sense. Tito claims that he didn't have access to Michael so he couldn't stop Michael from taking drugs, but admits that he was with Michael during this thing in the Indian restaurant just a couple of months ago. Why didn't he take that opportunity to confront Michael about his drug addiction? Why didn't the whole family do that? Joe and Katherine as well as Michael had a meeting in Beverly Hills back in April... Why didn't they confront Michael? They can barge into his ranch in 2005 (or whenever it was) just to see if the rumours were true about taking drugs, but they couldn't ask him in a calm, respectful manner 3 months ago? The way Tito describes it is just... Goodness, If my brother decided to break my door down in a rapid rage, questioning me, I would be scared to let him back in my house too!

Anyway, nothing is adding up. We've got people coming out saying Michael was alert and focused and excited about doing these shows and finally getting his life on track, and then you've got people coming out saying Michael was a drug addict, couldn't cope with anything, was doped up all the time yada, yada, yada. I'm not looking forward the tox reports, because I'm scared they are going to find something that none of us would like, but at least when they come, we will know exactly what killed Michael. Right now, everything is just so confusing. This is all too crazy. I want Michael to come back :cry:

The truth is many people can be addicted to painkillers and the people around them not realize. Alot depends on how a person reacts to the drug in their system and the amount of drug in their system. And addicts (which MJ was according to people on Larry King and other networks who worked with him) get very smart in how they hide their habit because the last thing they want is to be challenged/confronted about their addiction. I've read reports that his mother and sister Janet confronted him but he kept denying he had a problem. In the end I think its an accidental overdose. Its very common. Millions of people have died from the same cause.

Ok, I for one am having a VERY difficult time believing this "interview" that Tito supposedly gave. Tabloids are known to make crap up, and no I am not in denial about anything, even parts of that La Toya interview were exaggerated or embelished, etc. Tito, who as far as I know so correct me if I'm wrong, has never before gone to any tabloid and spoken about "concern" or any issue with Michael. He had just given an interview about his reaction to Michael's passing and then he apparently decides to spill all to a Euro-trash rag? I mean I don't buy it. Considering it's Tito, I have big issues with this. Plus if this "interview" is to be believed, then it doesn't even confirm that Michael had a drug addiction problem, especially NOT A RECENT one. It just states that supposedly the family had heard RUMORS and apparently "surprised Michael" (WHO flat out denied it and told them they were overreacting) by busting down the door at Neverland (A place Michael hadn't resided at since 2005) and confronted him. So you're telling me that IF this is true, that NOT ONE of Michael's body guards/security guards/house keepers/nannies/(hell) even one of his own children didn't make it known that Tito, Janet, and a few other siblings were there in the house or on that grounds? Man if that's the case, Michael HAD SOME SERIOUS issues with whom he had hired, apparently they couldn't do their damn job(s) right. And if even his children didn't even make noise or get excited about seeing aunts and uncles they would not have seen because their daddy was supposedly "isolating" himself from the family, well then something just isn't adding up here people. There have been SEVERAL instances where tabloids like 'THE MIRROR" and "The NY POST" (both of whom have been long time haters) have contributed quotes and/or whole passages to people and it turned out to be completely untrue. YES THIS HAS AND CONTINUES TO HAPPEN! You even have magazines, which are VERY MUCH A TABLOID, like "Life and Style" who will have these "cover stories" which scream "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with So and So" and if you buy it and read it...It actually turns out to be NOT a sit down interview but something along the lines of hear say...IT HAPPENS ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME! NOTHING IS ADDING UP RIGHT! This all sounds like a bunch of bull crap to me.

When you add 2 + 2 and it equals 5 something is a miss, and that is how this WHOLE THING is playing out.

Oh and just FYI if in fact it turns out that Diprivan was the cause or some other sleep aide like that, you CANNOT become addicted to that kind of medication.

THIS IS ALL just Media spin and they're getting away with it right now because Michael is gone and it can't be refuted.

I have a BIG feeling that the toxicology report is going to shock A BUNCH of people in the media. Just wait and see...

Last edited:

I agree. It's detailed, sounds realistic, and is not very sensational. It would take a lot of gall to rely on that many direct quotations if they did not actually have them.

The Jacksons say they never saw Michael taking any drugs. But then they get up-in-arms about tab rags claiming that he was despite having been around long enough to know how so much of the media works especially when it came to him. I seriously don't think they'd be that stupid. Despite the fact that this is so detailed, it still sounds fake to me. Alot of the media appear to me right now to be barely able to contain themselves waiting for those autopsy results because so many want to blame Michael for his own death just like everything else. And they may just want to drag Michael's family down into their mess too. The family already denied an "intervention" story three years ago. And they never said a word more about it. Now only when Michael dies, they run the way of all the leeches and backstabbers and start talking to tabloids? I highly doubt it. Especially since they'd be the first ones to tell the public to wait until all the tests are completed instead of jumping to conclusions. The tabs might just be taking bits of other garbage published when Michael was still alive and creating something that, (IMO), only sounds legit because it's being attributed to his family. It's not right. Especially now.

Last edited:
In regards to conflicting reports coming from the Jackson family, they may not always be united as they appear. It's possible some of the members are deviating from the script. After all, they aren't one monolithic group.

the family need to shut up are they stupid. i thought tito was one of the decent ones. with family like this who needs eneimies.

I think both La Toya and Titos interviews are legit. They are up against an absolute barrage of speculation, the gutter press havent stopped, so if they want to get their point across, they'll use them to be heard. That said, I think it would be better to stick to one spokesperson in addressing anything to do with Michaels death, especially when an investigation is ongoing. The need for justice for Michael far exceeds my own need to know what happened and I hope the family are pursuing this vigorously in private.

Over what Tito said, its not unfathomable to think that Michael may have had a dependency on certain painkillers at various trying times in his life... these things can be hidden well. Im not saying much more til the tox reports come out.

Back