LAPD Denies Report Michael Jackson's Dead Treated as Homicide

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=105831

LAPD Denies Report Michael Jackson's Dead Treated as Homicide

July 16, 2009, Thursday

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) spokesperson, Tenesh Dobine, stated Wednesday the investigation of Michael Jackson's death was "ongoing" and currently not being treated as a homicide.

Earlier Wednesday, TMZ published an online report, citing undisclosed law enforcement sources, claiming that "the LAPD was already treating Michael Jackson's death as a homicide, and they were focusing on Doctor Conrad Murray."

The Web site further insists that "the evidence points to the anesthesia propofol as the primary cause of Jackson's death."

Dobine spoke in an interview for the Access Hollywood show saying LAPD did not know where TMZ obtained information indicating Jackson's death was now being treated as a homicide.

"So you are saying this is not a homicide investigation?" Access asked Officer Dobine.
"That's right," Dobine said.

I addition, LAPD Media Relations Officer, Sara Faden, told NBC News the same information - that the investigation was ongoing and that she was not sure where TMZ got its information.

Tmz has been seeding all kinds of reports since the beginning of this thng.

God this is horrible. It's all over the British newspapers, even I started to believe that what they were saying were true.

How can they REPORT these things if they're not fact? Does my bloody head in.

Well we shouldn't be surprised at all. Especially when they don't name their sources. When will we ever learn not to trust TMZ and other gossip outlets? Never I guess.

LAPD is full of shit. They ARE treating this like a homicide... That is the ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET A SEARCH WARRANT! You have to convince a judge that a crime has been committed like homicide, burglary, drug dealing. Then the judge executes a probable cause/search warrant. Do NOT be fooled. LAPD is saying this because they have a big leak in their department.

Not necessarily. I disagree. If the DEA are involved in illegal prescriptions etc it makes sense that search warrants would be handed out for medical records etc. I think the 'leak' is misinformed. It could be the janitor for all I know.

The only way you can get a search warrant from a judge is to prove probable cause that a CRIME has been committed. If it were just an overdose, then this would have been over by now. A criminal investigation is taking place you guys because of the criminal search warrants that were executed.

What crime could have possibly been committed that would allow for a search warrant other than homicide? What kind of negligence? If there was no crime committed, then there would be no search warrants.

But illegal prescriptions ARE a crime!. There are other crimes beside homicide such as....illegal drugs. And this is what the LAPD has been touting from the beginning. I see more evidence to believe that than to believe the unnamed source who tells TMZ all this. They need to clarify if this is just an accidental overdose or was it just a bad mixture of prescription drugs hence the warrants for medical records. I am not sure of when or for whom or if search warrants were issued.

e LAPD's probe into Michael Jackson's death is a criminal investigation -- according to the L.A. County District Attorney's office.

As we have already reported, multiple law enforcement sources say the LAPD is treating Jackson's death as a homicide.

Although a spokesperson for the LAPD characterizes it's probe as a "death investigation," L.A. County D.A. spokesperson Sandi Gibbons says, "There have been conversations by District Attorney personnel with police and Coroner officials in connection with the ongoing investigation. It is common for Los Angeles County law enforcement agencies to be in contact with the District Attorney's office during criminal investigations." (emphasis added).

As we reported, LAPD detectives are treating Jackson's death as a homicide and focusing on Dr. Conrad Murray. Law enforcement sources tell us there is powerful evidence showing that Dr. Murray administered Propofol to Jackson and that drug was the primary cause of his death.
user_offline.gif
vbrep_register("2024703")

OKay. Can we define criminal? Isn't illegal drug prescription criminal? I'm just wondering. Homicide isn't the only crime in this world you know.

And even so TMZ article is saying that the investigations are being treated as a homicide which is a lie on it's face!!

First off they (the cororner, LAPD, DEA) don't even know to what extent MJ was using (or God forbid abusing) prescription drugs. They need all this information + more to even say they are treating this as a murder investigation. And we KNOW that they are right now busy finding out about ailments, need for drugs, batches of drugs etc.

Even with the quote TMZ uses from the spokesperson, they go ahead and blatantly disregard it and lie to call it a homicide investigation.

TMZ has lied way too many times for me to take their word over anybody or anything.

well yeah but if someone dies cause of dodgy prescriptions that becomes homicide. homicide isnt just murder its negligence etc

Negligence is more of a manslaughter charge. If they find out for instance, that MJ was taken by a drug that he used continually, that it was an overdose, that it was a bad reaction with other drugs etc. you can't charge anyone for it. It is an accident.

They have to rule an accident out first (plus other things) to label this a homicide. What TMZ is saying is that they have ruled out all these and is now focusing on homicide which we know from recent reports cannot be true, since it is a very active investigation into medical records etc.

If he was a Kennedy or a Presley, his case would have been declared a homicide from the get-go.

LAPD should get their corrupt butts out there and declare this a HOMICIDE.

Negligence is more of a manslaughter charge. If they find out for instance, that MJ was taken by a drug that he used continually, that it was an overdose, that it was a bad reaction with other drugs etc. you can't charge anyone for it. It is an accident.

They have to rule an accident out first (plus other things) to label this a homicide. What TMZ is saying is that they have ruled out all these and is now focusing on homicide which we know from recent reports cannot be true, since it is a very active investigation into medical records etc.
yeah well tmz are taking the diprivan angle on this so to them it is homicide cause of the negligence of the doc.

Yeah, according to TMZ the tox reports are in and the cause of death is known. Because they are the coroner and they were also in the room with MJ. Oh nice that they steered away from the demerol angle btw, couldn't support their addiction theory. I guess that source got it wrong.

In other words; I won't give them the time of day.

Right now, I am highly intolerant of all these leeches, liars, demons and gossip rags. All of them!

It may be a semantic issue. If suspicious medications were found, the LAPD has to investigate the death as if it were a homicide, but cannot declare it a homicide until the toxicology tests are complete (assuming that those tox results show the medications caused the death). To do so any earlier would be to declare the crime before the evidence is in.

^Except that we know it is NOT a semantic issuse with TMZ. We know they are going for the sensational angle so they skip all of what you said (and what I have said, and what the LAPD named sources said) to jump to a conclusion of the whole matter. Remember TMZ also has their evidence and everything mapped out already.lol.

Can I just say, none of this is real to me yet?? Well, it isn't. This whole episode from 3 weeks ago just hasn't registered as yet. I cried, but still I don't think I understand.

LAPD is full of shit. They ARE treating this like a homicide... That is the ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET A SEARCH WARRANT! You have to convince a judge that a crime has been committed like homicide, burglary, drug dealing. Then the judge executes a probable cause/search warrant. Do NOT be fooled. LAPD is saying this because they have a big leak in their department.
For Michael Jackson's sake, I would hope that the LAPD denies any reports that is on going with this investigation. People who are working for the LAPD needs to keep their mouths SHUT and stay away from TMZ. LAPD have a history of F***ING UP a homicide cases of the famous. If something criminal did happen to Michael, you better hope LAPD dots all of their "I's" and crosses all of their "T"s" or somebody will walk.:(

LAPD is not full of shit. It's a CRIMINAL investigation apparently, not specifically homocide (yet?!).

The hell their not!! Of course, they are.

Don't even get me started on LAPD.

I have had my own lesson in just how bad they really are.

Argh! And all up to now I've been relying on TMZ for their reports and was believing in their reports that this was declared as a homicide. But seriously I'm surprised it isn't, there's far too much dodgy stuff that was going on at the time of Michael passing out all the way up to the rush to the hospital. There's several stories going around and until toxicology results are confirmed it's impossible to tell if Michael died from being too weak, was killed by an injection of propofol, was killed from all the drugs he was allegedly taking for years after his rehab, or if there was something else that's been overlooked. 50 is far too young to die at, I am still shocked he's gone.

Am I missing something here ? In at least 3 local rags, it is official the reason the HEART stopped pumping was due to Proponal/Demerol. It is also said that it IS now a murder investigation.
Now it is just finding the culprit - of which Murray is the prime suspect thus far. He legged it out of California and is 'hiding' at his surgery.

^I think you should have stopped while you were at local rags.lol. You've been completely duped.

Absolutely NOTHING is known which is kinda funny if you take into account the rabid stories that have been going around. Then you come to the realization that the only thing we know is that MJ is no longer with us.

If they are not treating this as a homicide, then WHAT are they treating it as??????

Because if it is not homicide, then it is something else...............

If they are treating it as anything less than homicide........then I'm going to have to try to find a way out this TWILIGHT ZONE!

But why would the judge write "murder investigation."

And why would Dr. Firpo Carr, who according to him, has details of the investigation, compare it to JFK's assasination........

Last edited:
If this is true.....somehow I am not surprised. I am shocked and angry as hell but I thought something like this could happen.Because nobody really cares.
I can"t stand this....it"s been 6 months and nothing important happened.Just gossip and tabloid-trash.
That is not what Michael deserves.....omg.

Back