B.o.t.d.f

sugarbunny891

Proud Member
I hope I will not get banned or slated for this, as many of you know I love Michael with all my heart.
I enjoy reading poems, and what I suppose you can call disecting them. I love to find the writers meaning in each and every line. Ive been reading all morning Blood On The Dance Floor over and over, and would like to share my own personal findings in Michaels words and what they MEAN TO ME! this is to me which is very important. I may be of track but this is how I see it. Please read first as a poem and think about what you think Michael meant writing this piece. Apologies if this has been speculated before.

I have decided again publishing my own thoughts on this song but would be intersted to know what others think reading it rather than hearing it. pm if you would rather.
I will say I do not think susie is a women or even a person. I am deeply saddened that I have over looked this song until now though. I think this could be Michael biggest cry for help though.

I am not one to say if this is about michael personally or if he is writing for someone he knows.

She got your number
She know your game
She put you under
It's so insane

Since you seduced her
How does it feel
To know that woman
Is out to kill

Every night stance is like takin' a chance
It's not about love and romance
And now you're gonna get it

Every hot man is out takin' a chance
And now you do regret it

To escape the world I've got to enjoy that simple dance
And it seemed that everything was on my side
(Blood on my side)

She seemed sincere like it was love and true romance
And now she's out to get me
And I just can't take it
Just can't break it

Susie got your number
And Susie ain't your friend
Look who took you under
With seven inches in
Blood is on the dance floor
Blood is on the knife
Susie's got your number
And Susie says its right

She got your number
How does it feel
To know this stranger
Is out to kill

She got your baby
It happened fast
If you could only
Erase the past

Every night stance is like takin a chances

And now you do regret it

To escape the world I got to enjoy this simple dance
(Blood on my side)

It seemed sincere like it was love and true romance
And I just can't take it
Just can't break it

Susie got your number
Look who took you under
With seven inches in
Blood is on the knife
Susie got your number
You know Susie says its right

Susie's got your number
Susie ain't your friend
Look who took you under
She put seven inches in
Blood is on the knife
Susie's got your number
Susie says its right

It was blood on the dance floor
(blood on the dance floor)

And I just can't take it
The girl won't break it
Ooo...

She could be drugs?????

She got your number
She know your game
She put you under
It's so insane

put under - administer an anesthetic drug to; "The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"; "anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"

To escape the world I've got to enjoy that simple dance....

She could be drugs?????

She got your number
She know your game
She put you under
It's so insane

put under - administer an anesthetic drug to; "The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"; "anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"

To escape the world I've got to enjoy that simple dance....

Exactly someone questioned me about the part where he says "she got your baby?"

Drugs take away your innocence.

Naw, you could do this with any song.
A girl can easily be exchanged for a drug - sometimes they're both poisonousness :p

Let's pretend that the sweet Liberian Girl is a drug - it fits don't it?

Liberian Girl . . .
You Came And You Changed
My World
A Love So Brand New
Liberian Girl . . .
You Came And You Changed
Me Girl
A Feeling So True

Liberian Girl
You Know That You Came
And You Changed My World,
Just Like In The Movies,
With Two Lovers In A Scene

And She Says . . .
"Do You Love Me"
And He Says So Endlessly . . .
"I Love You, Liberian Girl"

Liberian Girl . . .
More Precious Than
Any Pearl
Your Love So Complete
Liberian Girl . . .
You Kiss Me Then,
Ooh, The World

You Do This To Me

So Susie is a drug, is that what you're saying? I'm interested in your thoughts, sugarbunny.

What about Superfly Sister? He used Susie there, too.
I don't think it's impossible, but also, I agree with BruceW that when you really look for something, you can find it just about everywhere.

What about Superfly Sister? He used Susie there, too.
I don't think it's impossible, but also, I agree with BruceW that when you really look for something, you can find it just about everywhere.

Exactly my point again that he makes a reference again. I utterly believe this is a story he is trying to tell about addiction from beginging to end

Exactly my point again that he makes a reference again. I utterly believe this is a story he is trying to tell about addiction from beginging to end
But that wouldn't work for Little Susie.

To me, BOTDF = homicidal or two-timing Billie Jean (depending on how literal I want to take it)

OMFG i just got chills that deffly seems like he is talking about drugs and with look who toke me under 7 inches in,that could be about the needle or something,i am in tears as i have sat down before and wrote these words but never saw anything in it omfg i am shaking :-( x

not about drugs... about getting screwed around in more ways than one by a person who was trusted

It's interesting to look at, but as mentioned, you can do this with any song. You can find hidden meaning in anything, because WE are the ones giving that meaning to the words. That's in a way the beauty of music, of lyrics, they touch so many people for many different reasons, despite what the actual author meant. It doesn't matter, it matters what it means to you as a listener.

I don't think it goes so far as to be a secret cry for help though.

I see completely what you mean. I dn't think it was a 'cry for help' but it could have been about drugs...the whole song fits, well, except the baby part. Liberian Girl doesn't fit. We are just looking with hindsight though..which could mean we could 'find' things like this.

I see completely what you mean. I dn't think it was a 'cry for help' but it could have been about drugs...the whole song fits, well, except the baby part. Liberian Girl doesn't fit. We are just looking with hindsight though..which could mean we could 'find' things like this.

Totally agree about Liberian Girl. It doesnt fit at all in my opinon. Also I didnt say it was directly about Michaels drug habits, or was it a cry for help. It sounds like the stages of anyones drug habits. What it does, how it feels, what it results in.

With reference to the "baby part" Once you take drugs it takes away any innocence you have had by resisting/staying away from drugs. "your childlike part of you" so to speak. But guess what drugs take that away?

I dont think Michael wrote songs for there fave value aspect he is too much of a genius to just write without deeper meaning and thought.

not about drugs... about getting screwed around in more ways than one by a person who was trusted

I agree with you.

Ok you all have to stop this. Not every song Michael wrote was about drugs. Your all seeing what you want to see. There is nothing in BOTDF that suggests drugs at all. You all need to stop looking for things that aint there.

I agree with you.

Ok you all have to stop this. Not every song Michael wrote was about drugs. Your all seeing what you want to see. There is nothing in BOTDF that suggests drugs at all. You all need to stop looking for things that aint there.

have i suggested every song was? No I havent Just some ;-)

there is only 1 drug related song MJ has ever done. You are all going to far and you know it. Your looking for things that aint there your dissecting his music looking for hidden meaning in some that have none. I hate that this is going on. He has done nothing but give us wonderful music that you are now ripping apart trying to find code words for drug use. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Of course it is if you take it for face value.

you said you're interested in what other people think... that's my take on it, so sorry it doesn't coincide with your hidden messages way of thinking. next time just ask for agreement instead of what we think if you don't actually want our take.

We could "see it in every song" but wait...the whole album is filled with this...morphine, botdf, superfly sister, ghosts, is it scary...i think he havent recovered from the 93 accusations and was still addicted to painkillers by 97 (or whenever he wrote them) and was in a very depressed atmosphere...and thats what the songs reflected...how he felt betrayed by so many people and felt he had comfort using morphine, demerol or whatever...
so no we wouldnt "see it" in songs like Ben, for instance :p

just been listening to Morphine and reading the inlay to BOTDF - we could read loads into this song; it is clearly an expression of how he felt tortured by his (past) addiction. Whats sad is there is a clip from the Elephant Man film in the song..and randomly and wierdly one of the choir is called RANDY PHILLIPS.

there is only 1 drug related song MJ has ever done. You are all going to far and you know it. Your looking for things that aint there your dissecting his music looking for hidden meaning in some that have none. I hate that this is going on. He has done nothing but give us wonderful music that you are now ripping apart trying to find code words for drug use. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Why would I "rip" Michaels songs apart - I am insulted by the terminology that you use, in regards to my thread, And by your suggestion of what I am trying to achieve in posting this thread. If you dont like to look into things deeper than what the appear to be then I suggest maybe staying away from the investigation forum?
I dont need to apologise that I believe Michael was a more intellagant than to right a song which just meant what it said - a true writer/poet would do this.

you said you're interested in what other people think... that's my take on it, so sorry it doesn't coincide with your hidden messages way of thinking. next time just ask for agreement instead of what we think if you don't actually want our take.

Of course I am interested otherwise I wouldnt be on a forum. Nice Attidude by the way! Really supportive during these times!! Good on you.

I dont think ppl should be having ago at sugarbunny she was only saying,u r allowed an opinon in these times,if u dont like it then dont post,just no need being horrible at all :-(

Thanks x

I hope I will not get banned or slated for this, as many of you know I love Michael with all my heart.
I enjoy reading poems, and what I suppose you can call disecting them. I love to find the writers meaning in each and every line. Ive been reading all morning Blood On The Dance Floor over and over, and would like to share my own personal findings in Michaels words and what they MEAN TO ME! this is to me which is very important. I may be of track but this is how I see it. Please read first as a poem and think about what you think Michael meant writing this piece. Apologies if this has been speculated before.

I have decided again publishing my own thoughts on this song but would be intersted to know what others think reading it rather than hearing it. pm if you would rather.
I will say I do not think susie is a women or even a person. I am deeply saddened that I have over looked this song until now though. I think this could be Michael biggest cry for help though.

I am not one to say if this is about michael personally or if he is writing for someone he knows.

She got your number
She know your game
She put you under
It's so insane

Since you seduced her
How does it feel
To know that woman
Is out to kill

Every night stance is like takin' a chance

And now you do regret it

To escape the world I've got to enjoy that simple dance
(Blood on my side)

She seemed sincere like it was love and true romance
And I just can't take it
Just can't break it

Susie got your number
Look who took you under
With seven inches in
Blood is on the knife
Susie's got your number
And Susie says its right

She got your number
How does it feel
To know this stranger
Is out to kill

She got your baby
It happened fast
If you could only
Erase the past

Every night stance is like takin a chances

And now you do regret it

To escape the world I got to enjoy this simple dance
(Blood on my side)

It seemed sincere like it was love and true romance
And I just can't take it
Just can't break it

Susie got your number
Look who took you under
With seven inches in
Blood is on the knife
Susie got your number
You know Susie says its right

Susie's got your number
Susie ain't your friend
Look who took you under
She put seven inches in
Blood is on the knife
Susie's got your number
Susie says its right

And I just can't take it
The girl won't break it
Ooo...

I dont think it was a woman either, it sounds like drugs. "

"To escape the world I got to enjoy this simple dance
(Blood on my side)" Just my thought. Could you PM yours?

Back