about diprovan

svart09

Proud Member
I found this in my search for Diprovan ... and how it's supposed to be given to patients.
One nurse writes: "I'm glad that my state doesn't let us use it if the patient isn't intubated."

This doesn't sound safe to me ... IF he gave this to MJ, to let him rest in a atrificial way ... It sounds to me, that Dr Murray at least should've been in the same room whatching over him ... check his pulse on regular basis ... check his breathing was ok... What kind of a doctor was he anyway????
As the nurse say .... they dont give this in some states unless the patient is intubated ... my god .. :S

My english isn't that good so maybe I've been missunderstanding things ... anyones thoughts?

Source: http://allnurses.com/emergency-nursing/use-diprovan-your-268195.html
(contribution #4)

Kind of embarrassing that a medical site misspelled "Diprivan".
Diprivan is a drug you must monitor when you use.
Meaning you need to hook up the patient to a monitor system to keep track on the pulse.

It's absolutely insane to use it outside a hospital, not saying that Michael did use it - But if there's anyone that is taking it outside a hospital, then it's just... I can't even put words to it.
It isn't exactly something you use to help you with a sleeping disorder.

Kind of embarrassing that a medical site misspelled "Diprivan".
Diprivan is a drug you must monitor when you use.
Meaning you need to hook up the patient to a monitor system to keep track on the pulse.

It's absolutely insane to use it outside a hospital, not saying that Michael did use it - But if there's anyone that is taking it outside a hospital, then it's just... I can't even put words to it.
It isn't exactly something you use to help you with a sleeping disorder.

Well .. I'm not sure it WAS used or for what purpose but it sounds strange to me eather way....

if he did use it then he is a crareless person...

Well .. I'm not sure it WAS used or for what purpose but it sounds strange to me eather way....

It's very strange if they in fact found it over at Michael's place, and even more strange if Michael did use it.
And if Michael did use diprivan without having someone monitoring it, then it's beyond strange.

I don't know if these reports are true, but there has been claims that Michael did use diprivan to sleep during the HIStory tour. I think it was Dr. Klein (not 100% sure though) that said that. However, he claimed Michael was monitored while taking it.

I mean, it's so far beyond ones wildest imagination to use Diprivan to help someone to sleep, because it isn't a "natural sleep" you're getting.

We all knew that Michael hated to tour because he couldn't sleep of the adrenaline and so, but taking Diprivan to go to sleep is just... it more likely to spot a UFO than to have someone putting you to sleep with Diprivan every night.

Last edited:
I don't know if these reports are true, but there has been claims that Michael did use diprivan to sleep during the HIStory tour. I think it was Dr. Klein (not 100% sure though) that said that. However, he claimed Michael was monitored while taking it.
an old article from around 2000 was found that was about a dr who was being sued.(unreleated to mj)but mj got bought up in testimony. the doctor who was been sued supposedly told ppl that when he was working for mj on history he had given him diprovan and he collapsed from it. the story was never comfirmed but considering this was an non related article from around 9 years ago its a coincidence to saythe least seeing as we know now what we do

I found this in my search for Diprovan ... and how it's supposed to be given to patients.
One nurse writes: "I'm glad that my state doesn't let us use it if the patient isn't intubated."

This doesn't sound safe to me ... IF he gave this to MJ, to let him rest in a atrificial way ... It sounds to me, that Dr Murray at least should've been in the same room whatching over him ... check his pulse on regular basis ... check his breathing was ok... What kind of a doctor was he anyway????
As the nurse say .... they dont give this in some states unless the patient is intubated ... my god .. :S

My english isn't that good so maybe I've been missunderstanding things ... anyones thoughts?

Source: http://allnurses.com/emergency-nursing/use-diprovan-your-268195.html
(contribution #4)

which is why its if provern the dr will be on a manslaughter charge based on negligence

I mean, it's so far beyond ones wildest imagination to use Diprivan to help someone to sleep, because it isn't a "natural sleep" you're getting.

Exactly my thoughts, it can't induce a natural sleep cycle, so I don't get how it could be used to replace sleep?

BruceWayne this is EXACTLY what I have been thinking. DIP wouldn't make michael feel refreshed like a good nights sleep would. And why would out of all of the things here on earth that one can use to help with sleeping. Why go through all of that trouble by using an illegal (outside of hospital) drug. That don't make sense.

He would been better off trying chammile tea and putting lavender under michael pillow or something then giving michael something so dangerous as dip. His medical mind shouldn't have even thought "diprivan". But then again this guy gave cpr on a "firm bed"

an old article from around 2000 was found that was about a dr who was being sued.(unreleated to mj)but mj got bought up in testimony. the doctor who was been sued supposedly told ppl that when he was working for mj on history he had given him diprovan and he collapsed from it. the story was never comfirmed but considering this was an non related article from around 9 years ago its a coincidence to saythe least seeing as we know now what we do

thanks elusive. thats very interesting... but why would this doctor state this when hes clearly incriminating himself?? wouldnt people be like "WTF you gave him diprovan??? youre now being investigated"!!??

The doctor is in my eyes incompetent and shouldn't even been titled Dr. But again .... as I've understood it MJ requested just Muarray ...??
Another thing ... This doctor- who ...? Was HE the one who supposedly gave MJ DIP according the article few years back? ...Has nothing to do with Murray? Its a mess .. all of this ... and WHERE is the toxic reports ....??? If everything was ok they would be here already..

Beyond me if there's nothing else that we don't know of .. which i guess there is .... :( It's a sad story .... firm bed ... fuck's sake ...

Exactly my thoughts, it can't induce a natural sleep cycle, so I don't get how it could be used to replace sleep?

From my experience, it makes you feel more tired afterwards. I don't get why they would do it either.

thanks elusive. thats very interesting... but why would this doctor state this when hes clearly incriminating himself?? wouldnt people be like "WTF you gave him diprovan??? youre now being investigated"!!??

the doctor from the history tour? from what i remember the article said that this doctor was asked during testimony whether it was true he told x amount of ppl during some conversation about what he had given mj. so it wasnt like he admitted it in court it was just from some random conversation he had had with ppl and it got brought up cause the case was to do with him being negligent in some other case

BruceWayne this is EXACTLY what I have been thinking. DIP wouldn't make michael feel refreshed like a good nights sleep would. And why would out of all of the things here on earth that one can use to help with sleeping. Why go through all of that trouble by using an illegal (outside of hospital) drug. That don't make sense.

He would been better off trying chammile tea and putting lavender under michael pillow or something then giving michael something so dangerous as dip. His medical mind shouldn't have even thought "diprivan". But then again this guy gave cpr on a "firm bed"

Assuming that he had diprivan in his system.. it sounds to me like it worked for him in the past, so as crazy as the idea was it did allow him to rest and recover for a few hours.

And if his insomnia was making him go to extremes like Diprivan then I doubt chamomile tea would have any effect on him. He could have at least tried over the counter sleeping meds. There are some pretty strong ones that you can get at the pharmacy without a prescription.

What the hell made him think of diprivan as an option?

What the hell made him think of diprivan as an option?
user_online.gif

i guess a doctor brought it to his attention or he thought of anesthetic because of his ops.obviously he was aware of it. theres money it for the doc thats why they over prescribe

i guess a doctor brought it to his attention or he thought of anesthetic because of his ops.obviously he was aware of it. theres money it for the doc thats why they over prescribe

Yeah I was thinking of his ops as well, but he must have signed a million forms before that outlined the risks. There's no way that they would put him under general anesthetic without letting him know what the risks are.

I just can't believe that he would take that chance.

But if this doctor's responsible then I wouldn't put it past him to have reassured Michael with "oh it's fiiine, nothing will go wrong, I'm here blah blah" :mello:

Yeah I was thinking of his ops as well, but he must have signed a million forms before that outlined the risks. There's no way that they would put him under general anesthetic without letting him know what the risks are.

i doubt it because its totally negligent for a doctor to give u this outside of a hospital. doesnt matter what mj signed. the doctor is at fault. and as mj supposedly said to the nurse he had been told by a doc it was fine to use aslong as u were monitored

i doubt it because its totally negligent for a doctor to give u this outside of a hospital. doesnt matter what mj signed. the doctor is at fault. and as mj supposedly said to the nurse he had been told by a doc it was fine to use aslong as u were monitored

Oh no I meant when he had his ops. Before he had his surgeries, he would have had to sign forms and his doctors would have outlined all the risks involved with general anesthesia.

So when it was time for him to ask for it to be done at his home, he knew the risks already (there's no way he wouldn't have).. that's why I can't believe that he'd go through with it.

And this dickhead as a doctor didn't monitor him!! :( something's very fishy

What article was this?

I agree. Why use Diprivan? It doesn't get you into REM sleep...which is what you need to get refreshed!! Why didn't they wean him off this stuff - ALL of this stuff that was very bad for him? He could have used Melatonin - the natural hormone that helps you get to sleep....??

Michael was always afraid of becoming addicted to pills contrary to what the media says. so maybe the doctors told him this would be a safer way? what did Michael know about medical terms anyway?
they were probably saying since he's michael jackson we'll blame the drug choice on him cause he's a freak right I'm pretty sure Michael was clueless and trusted them
I for one don't trust his doctors look at Klein, MJ used to say he was a "personal friend" look what a backstabber he turned out to be
and if it turns out to be true maybe he started to use it after '93, to avoid addiction again, maybe it was presented as an alternative to him...I don't know I'm speculating right now

Last edited:
What article was this?

back from around 2000 it was posted on here and other boards the doctor was called neil ratner. he turned up on tv a few weeks back and some fans reemmbered his name so did a bit of digging

Oh no I meant when he had his ops. Before he had his surgeries, he would have had to sign forms and his doctors would have outlined all the risks involved with general anesthesia.

So when it was time for him to ask for it to be done at his home, he knew the risks already (there's no way he wouldn't have).. that's why I can't believe that he'd go through with it.

ah right ok i get you. but if the doctors telling him its fine aslong as im here and i will be then... but yeah i dunno pl are different sum wont touch a paracetamol while others go to the other extreame. mj had a lot of operations for medical and cosmetic so maybe he wasnt a big deal to him as it would be for others who have never had anything more than a tooth pulled in their life

Im sure MJ knew what he was doing requestin something really strong for him to turn off his brain for some hours in a row .... its the lack of monotoring and supervising that's lead to this ... im sure ... :(

Back