Did Michael have lupus?

SJK

Proud Member
I ask because I have read and heard it in the news recently but never before his death.

People didn't believe it earlier but recently it was confirmed by Michael's doctor on Larry King and other statoins I think...

[FONT=&quot]Of course. He was diagnosed in the 80s. This picture shows Mike with a 'Malar rash,' a butterfly-shaped rash across the cheeks, which is often one of the first symptoms of Lupus. You can see Michael has rosy cheeks in many of the Thriller-era photos, and this is why. His Lupus went into remission though, towards the late 80s.

aVBP8h9-93fd413943d6146ef48a14ff5fb.jpg

[/FONT]

Yes Michael was diagnosed with lupus.

it ws reported on a few times because of leaking of a 93 grand jury transcipt but was never offically confirmed till now

[FONT=&quot]Of course. He was diagnosed in the 80s. This picture shows Mike with a 'Malar rash,' a butterfly-shaped rash across the cheeks, which is often one of the first symptoms of Lupus. You can see Michael has rosy cheeks in many of the Thriller-era photos, and this is why. His Lupus went into remission though, towards the late 80s.

aVBP8h9-93fd413943d6146ef48a14ff5fb.jpg

[/FONT]

I`m not sure if it really was over. look at this current picture of him:

mj1111111111zm1.jpg

I never really looked up evidence for his skindisorders, just took what he said for truth...

The triller era has a lot of rosie cheek pics indeed... But thisone looks so intens... *sigh* poor baby...

I've seen the rosy cheek pics before, but always thought that was makeup. Just like sometimes he'd be wearing some and the camera flash would make it lighter. I just thought he waas wearing makeup to make him self look.... i don't know.. rosy... I guess... Poor baby, he was really dealing with alot wasn't he?

Thank you for all the answers.

Yes, I saw many Thriller era photos with rosy cheeks but thought maybe it was a bad attempt at covering up some blotchy skin from the vitiligo...

mj1111111111zm1.jpg

And in that picture there I think you can maybe see a spot on his hand from vitiligo, if anyone needs visual evidence to show some ignoramus ;)

So gleaning from that YouTube video, Michael's symptoms of lupus were:

butterfly-shaped rashes
crusting of the scalp
hair loss

From what I read at this website: http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/web...nunderstanding.aspx?articleid=2231&zoneid=523

Michael probably had Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus.

:( Michael went through too much.

mj1111111111zm1.jpg

Maybe... it was only in remission so it could come back I guess. Looks more like blusher to me though, I think it would be brighter on his now-light skin. Who knows! Michael, the eternal mystery.

It's been out there for years, it is the media who refused to circulate that story because they were too intent on the skin bleaching nonsence, my guess to alienate his african american fan base, and destroy him. Now they claim they didn't know, well his fans did so they did as well. Hypocrites.

I always thought it was a rumour:eek: poor Michael..:(
Me too!! :( :eek:

Poor baby, he was really dealing with alot wasn't he?
Yes, alot alot alot!! It's unbelievable!! :cry:
And yet he was so strong. I mean, he didnt let any of his health problems stop him from dancing, singing, and living his life! That is admirable!

Please God let this Angel rest in peace in your arms!! :angel: :boohoo:

I had not seen this before. Thank you for posting. I think this is a very interesting interview, but I cannot undertstand most of it because English is not my language. It's hard for me to understand people talking. I would like to understand everything, but I cant! :(

Does anyone of you know where I can READ that part of the interview?? Pls pls let me know!!

Thank you!!

Can someone tell me what Lupus is? We all knew he had Vitiligo. only recently i have heard about the lupus.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which means that the body's natural defense system (immune system) attacks its own tissues instead of attacking foreign substances like bacteria and viruses. This causes inflammation. Inflammation causes swelling, pain, and tissue damage throughout the body. If you develop severe lupus, you may have problems with your kidneys, heart, lungs, nervous system, or blood cells. Lupus is the common name for systemic lupus erythematosus, also called SLE.
Although some people with lupus have only mild symptoms, the disease is lifelong and can become severe. But most people can control their symptoms and prevent severe damage to their organs. They do this by seeing their doctors often for checkups, getting enough rest and exercise, and taking medicines.
This topic focuses on systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), the most common and most serious type of lupus. But there are four other types of lupus: discoid or cutaneous lupus, drug-induced systemic lupus, neonatal lupus, and subacute cutaneous lupus.
What causes lupus?

The exact cause of lupus is not known. Experts believe that some people are born with certain genes that affect how the immune system works and that they are more likely to get lupus. Then a number of other factors can trigger lupus attacks. These include viral infections, including the virus that causes mononucleosis, and sunlight.
Although these things can trigger lupus, they may affect one person but not another person.
What are the symptoms?

Lupus symptoms vary widely, and they come and go. The times when symptoms get worse are called relapses, or flares. The times when symptoms are not so bad are called remissions.
Common symptoms include feeling very tired and having joint pain or swelling (arthritis), a fever, and a skin rash. The rash often happens after you have been in the sun. Mouth sores and hair loss may occur. Over time, some people with lupus have problems with the heart, lungs, kidneys, blood cells, or nervous system.

here is a link where lupus sufferers are talking about michael

I had not seen this before. Thank you for posting. I think this is a very interesting interview, but I cannot undertstand most of it because English is not my language. It's hard for me to understand people talking. I would like to understand everything, but I cant! :(

Does anyone of you know where I can READ that part of the interview?? Pls pls let me know!!

Thank you!!

you can read the whole transcript here:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/08/lkl.01.html

Thank you!!

Here you go sweetie.. this is the transcript of the interview..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/08/lkl.01.html

If some ppl thought michael was off (slurred speech) when leaving the doctors office. The treatment (sedation-demerol) from klien may have been why, not bcuz michael was an addict. I didn't see the rest of what klien said about michael's addiction or if he had any. He did say michael had a high tolerance level, which he claims to have reduced.

Back