Was there new music to be performed

Derek1984

Proud Member
At the This Is It concerts? Just curious if anyone knows this or not.

im sure there would have been a few new songs. only time will tell. i think if they show the rehersal stuff in cinema with sum new songs. tht will be promotion for the album he was working on.

Kenny Ortega and band members have said they rehearsed new songs and Michael was working on a new album. Michael has told us fans that himself.

Yes, Loads of new material was rehearsed

Last edited:
I have read several places that Michael personally handed Andrae Crouch a new CD of songs about two weeks before he passed away. I hope that something is possible from that CD. Michael and the Crouch choir made such beautiful music together...

I am very hopeful that Michael's music comes out...

Randy Phillips said there was new music on the setlist.

What about that new dance move that was to rival the moonwalk? I wonder if that was true and also did he perform it during the full run through rehearsal?

I think he had a LOT of new music ready!

Travis Payne said new music was rehearsed, and Randy Phillips said there would be a new single before the 13th.

sorry? new single before the 13th??? where did randy say this??? can u please quote? also is there any sign of the randy philips/ kenny ortego interview that we submitted questions too?

Terry

I do think there was new music and dancing for the concert, I have noticed that none of it was shown in the documentary though. I read somewhere that there should be something new by Michael released late this year. I'll see if I can find the article again.

sorry? new single before the 13th??? where did randy say this??? can u please quote? also is there any sign of the randy philips/ kenny ortego interview that we submitted questions too?

Terry

Randy said it just after the announcent last March - it may well have been to build up ticket hype/AEG publicity, but new material has been confirmed on various occasions post Mike's death by people linked to This Is It like Travis Payne.

Any Raffles van Exel hasn't done the Randy Phillips or Kenny Ortega interviews yet - he's working on a Quincy Jones one too! The others took a while too - be patient, good things come to those who wait!

^^They probably want to go over the questions with their lawyers first.

Back