Phen Phen? Michael died of Phen Phen?

AllTheLovelyFlowers

Proud Member
I just watched a reporter on MSNBC say that she has been told that Murray is under investigation for manslaughter and that the drug in question is PHEN PHEN! She says that Michael was concerned about his weight and that he wasn't eating because Murray gave him this illegal drug. As you may recall, Phen Phen was taken off the market because some peeps were dying due to their hearts overracting to it and they were going into cardiac arrest.

Now, I will say this...this story seems plausible to me because of how Michael died. I keep saying to myself that the stories about Dipravin that we are hearing from the media is not going to end up being the final story. I also am not willing to believe that Michael was no drug addict. This is why we should wait for the tox reports.

Phen Phen??? WTF is that??? :wtf:

Its a drug that was in some diet pills. Like she said above it was killing people so they stopped selling it and using it in diet pills.

I dont think this is why i think it was the other, diprivan.

I looked it up:

Fen-phen was an anti-obesity medication (an anorectic) which consisted of two drugs: fenfluramine and phentermine. Fenfluramine, and later, a related drug, dexfenfluramine, was marketed by American Home Products, now known as Wyeth, but were shown to cause potentially fatal pulmonary hypertension and heart valve problems, which eventually led to their withdrawal and legal damages of over $13 billion.[1] Phentermine was not shown to cause harmful effects.[1] Wyeth made drugs marketed as Redux and Pondimin, which were used as the fenfluramine half of the fen-phen combination formula.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fen-phen

Is this Phen Phen amongst the stuff taken from Murray's Houston office?

"Among the items removed from Murray's office were a computer; 27 tablets of Phentermine, a prescription-strength appetite suppressant;"

*Edit* MJStarlight just answered my question.

I just watched a reporter on MSNBC say that she has been told that Murray is under investigation for manslaughter and that the drug in question is PHEN PHEN! She says that Michael was concerned about his weight and that he wasn't eating because Murray gave him this illegal drug. As you may recall, Phen Phen was taken off the market because some peeps were dying due to their hearts overracting to it and they were going into cardiac arrest.

Now, I will say this...this story seems plausible to me because of how Michael died. I keep saying to myself that the stories about Dipravin that we are hearing from the media is not going to end up being the final story. I also am not willing to believe that Michael was no drug addict. This is why we should wait for the tox reports.

hmmm....I am just as you are...I dont believe Michael was a drug addict either. I think we should wait for tox reports too. the problem is that all kinds of new stuff keeps either being leaked out or just put out there. who knows what to believe.

Is this Phen Phen amongst the stuff taken from Murray's Houston office?

"Among the items removed from Murray's office were a computer; 27 tablets of Phentermine, a prescription-strength appetite suppressant;"

*Edit* MJStarlight just answered my question.

If the reports are correct that phentermine was found, NO, it is not the same as Fen-Phen.

If the reports are correct that phentermine was found, NO, it is not the same as Fen-Phen.
Fen Phen consists of Phentermine though.

Check out the side effects:

Insomnia (Propofol anyone?), constipation, dry mouth, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure.
Phentermine has been associated with valvular heart disease and the rare but serious risk of pulmonary hypertension.

I think it would be incredibly irresponsible for a doctor to give a man as thin as Mr.Jackson was an appetite supressant, especially because he had a systemic disease(lupus). Why compromise his health if it isnt medically necessary. IF these allegations are true Dr.murrary should loose his liscense. Im so sick of the rumors...

OMFG this is just getting,well there is no words really :cry:,never heard of phen phen before but i member something slimming drug being taken off the market cause ppl r getting ill and dyeing,if something is taken off the market then he must of got it on the black market,its all confussing xxx

Fen Phen consists of Phentermine though.

Check out the side effects:

Insomnia (Propofol anyone?), constipation, dry mouth, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure.
Phentermine has been associated with valvular heart disease and the rare but serious risk of pulmonary hypertension.

Right but phentermine has been around a long time and is still prescribed. Fen-Phen (combination of fenfluramine and phentermine) is the one that is banned because of the dangerous effects of fenfluramine. We just need confirmation on which one was really found. Either way precribing an appetite suppressant to a man who is already thin is ridiculous!!

just lost his license? he killed a man. he should be hanged!
full stop

and Michael was so thin, why the hell that lowlife gave him that appetite surpressant drug?

Phentermine has amphetamine like stimulant abilities ie, feelings of increased energy and alertness. Down side to this would obviously be the appetite surpressing effects if someone taking it was already slender/thin, plus had difficulty sleeping.

Whether or not Michael was taking it remains to be seen, but I would imagine it could come out in toxicology results if it was in his system. Sounds like the feds took anything even remotely related to something Michael may have been prescribed or in his system. Maybe it IS in the tox reports. Only time will tell.

On another note, I think any cardiac enlargement/valvular disease/pulmonary hypertension or similar side finding would have been found in the autopsies. Could be cardiac arrythmia in this case I suppose. Although it was reported by coroner that lung tissue samples had also been taken, if it was pulmonary hypertension, must have been very early stages or lungs would have shown changes.

All just my assumptions/searching for answers, and talking out loud.

I think it would be incredibly irresponsible for a doctor to give a man as thin as Mr.Jackson was an appetite supressant, especially because he had a systemic disease(lupus). Why compromise his health if it isnt medically necessary. IF these allegations are true Dr.murrary should loose his liscense. Im so sick of the rumors...

DR murrary should lose his licence for sure he should lose it now grrr argggg he is the worst dr ever and he has taken away our beloved michael in one way or another,he is in such deep water just makes me think wat dr doesnt know cpr grrrrr i know cpr and how to do it and were and im deffly not a dr this is all just heartbreaking :( x

just lost his license? he killed a man. he should be hanged!
full stop

and Michael was so thin, why the hell that lowlife gave him that appetite surpressant drug?

Oh believe me, if his negligence and stupidity was the cause of death, I want to see him punished to the full extent of the law. Im just worried that we will never know the real truth.

Wouldnt an arythmia have been discovered during the "extensive physical", Mr Jackson had?

we still don't know for sure what it was...but michael was always coming out of that doctor's office with too many pills, bags of pills

DR murrary should lose his licence for sure he should lose it now grrr argggg he is the worst dr ever and he has taken away our beloved michael in one way or another,he is in such deep water just makes me think wat dr doesnt know cpr grrrrr i know cpr and how to do it and were and im deffly not a dr this is all just heartbreaking :( x

The CPR thing still bugs me to this day:no:, "firm bed" or not CPR should ALWAYS be done on the floor. Even in a hospital environment CPR isnt performed on the surface of the bed itself. The head board of the bed detaches and is placed under the patients back for a hard surface.

Wouldnt an arythmia have been discovered during the "extensive physical", Mr Jackson had?

Not if the physical was months ago and he was not taking anything that could cause it. Plus electrolyte imbalance may have been possible if he was dehydrated or even "malnourished" at the time of his arrest. All it takes is one premature ventricular contraction to send the heart into ventricular fibrillation that can lead to cardiac arrest. Without continuous cardiac monitoring, hard to say definitively if arrythmia was cause.

Like I said what will they say next ? ? ? Just ROTFLA ! ! ! They should have left him alive instead of creating all these riduclous Lies and So So Obvious Diversion from the Truth, but Im interested just to see what they will come up with NEXT ! ! ! I download them all. I know, I got a Good One; he was suppose to be taking a enema to stay slim and bypass Phen Phen at 3am and mistakenly stuck it in his arm how about that one, it certaintly cant be no more insane than these. Michael I hope the Book Angels are RECORDING everyone name one by one that starts these vicious Rumors about you, I cant wait until they see what they have Done, just too funny. They really think you are Dead.

Last edited:
wt?

Now my suspicious mind questions yet again, if he was taking meds like is being said, could some of these meds have been given to him in an unsuspecting way? Say crushed up and put into food or liquid drink such as is done when a smoothie is made with supplements or do they lose potency if they aren't consumed whole? Could he actually have not known what was being given to him at times because it was disguised in something he ate or drank?

wt?

Now my suspicious mind questions yet again, if he was taking meds like is being said, could some of these meds have been given to him in an unsuspecting way? Say crushed up and put into food or liquid drink such as is done when a smoothie is made with supplements or do they lose potency if they aren't consumed whole? Could he actually have not known what was being given to him at times because it was disguised in something he ate or drank?

Now Lily I want you at the Head of The Class Too. This is why Michael got rid of the The Nuritionist Popofol CherlyLNN - Posioning his Food, I wouldnt Eat that mess either.

Now Lily I want you at the Head of The Class Too. This is why Michael got rid of the The Nuritionist Popofol CherlyLNN - Posioning his Food, I wouldnt Eat that mess either.

Thanks but I prefer sitting in the back of the class and observing. LOL

Michael taking an appetite suppressant?lol

Couldnt find 1% of Body Fat on his body not just in June 2009, but his entire Career, now he has a weight and eating problem, looked the same his entire career his performing WEIGHT. Well let me share this with those who dont know, its called PHYSICS, if you ever tried to MoonWalk at 180 pounds it want work, it only works at a certain weight and DISCIPLINE and Michael Jackson had both down packed take it to the Bank.

why would he take that if he was anything but obese??

On point!

If anything it wouldn't have hurt him to gain weight. IMO it wouldn't have been healthy for him to have been trying to lose weight. But whatevs it ain't gunna be too much longer b4 the tox report comes back.

Not if the physical was months ago and he was not taking anything that could cause it. Plus electrolyte imbalance may have been possible if he was dehydrated or even "malnourished" at the time of his arrest. All it takes is one premature ventricular contraction to send the heart into ventricular fibrillation that can lead to cardiac arrest. Without continuous cardiac monitoring, hard to say definitively if arrythmia was cause.

He has said often that during performances he can lose about 10 pounds of water weight. With all of his rehearsing im sure he was not adequately hydrated.

^ I suppose the same person hired to "remind him to eat" would also remind him to drink plenty of water too....imo...

Back