I'm disgusted with amount of positive programmes on mj in last month!

michael4eva

Proud Member
I live in uk so can't speak for other countries but i have seen other alert posts of concerts...In the uk there has been NOTHING...A country mj loved and one that likes to showcase the talents of performers..what have we had? one night near his death of top of the pops and of his life..moonwalker( well done chanel 5, at least they representing) and then ridicolous documentaries...

why no concert shows? it is a disgrace and undermines the size of his talent and influence...elvis dies, i bet itv or bbc did a concert...psssh

I emailed ITV asking them to screen an MJ concert, since afterall MJ would've been here performing but they say they no plans to show one. Maybe a better chance with the BBC.

I want to believe that it's because those concerts and interviews and things are under certain restrictions that prevent them from being shown just anywhere on TV. But in reality honestly I'm sure it's just because while we're still here mourning, the world has moved on and MJ really isn't all that important to anyone anymore except in scandal of course. I'm sure that there will be mention of him on his bday, maybe someone will repeat a documentary or interview he did, but I'm not expecting much.

Finally everybody understands what Michael was and what the world has lost.

I've seen the Dangerous tour, History Tour and some documentaries on the dutch tv so they've done "a lot" here but only the first week.
Now everyone is moving on like HeartBreakHotel is saying.

Surprisingly, Australia has done heaps of good stuff.
There's been one really shady, biased one by this English documentary maker who structured the entire documentary to make MJ look like a money crazed fiend who used his power to get away with things.

They screened the Bucharest Dangerous tour and various positive shows on him in Australia. It was hard watching all of them but i wanted to so i did. Thinkin gback to the first few weeks after his death, it makes me shudder.

The reason this is surprising is because most australians don't understand Michael and he isn't welcomed and appreciated as much as he is in Europe. Australians are more sport orientated and enjoy sporting stars which is crap because i hate sport.

Jerin, everyone understands that on this forum anyway...but the bbc, itv..sky anyone should understand that too and also understand that showing these concerts would creat BIG viewing figures so it does baffle me..i remember in christmas i think on bbc they showed the bucharest concert, anyone remember? bbc has more chance i would say...itv and c4 seem obsessed with documentaries that try to tarnish his image...arghhhhhhhhhh

lets all go and hijack the bbc and itv...50 for bbc and 50 for itv...lets gooooooooooo

Only One Irish Channel as done anything. Which was to reshow the Bashit Doc, but they edited out the upsetting parts.

move on ? well it's not too late for them to do something...like a evening of michael concerts..it not difficult...one evening, bucarest n 30th is what they would probably doo..but why not already?

Yes specially Inside edition one of the journalist l want to kill her she said just stupid things.

In Australia there has been lots of programming. Free to air networks aired several documentaries as well as the 30th anniversary special. Also some rare interviews and performances. On paytv, for the first week after Michael died there was pretty much wall to wall programming with everything from concerts to top 50 songs to specials on mtv and vh1. And next weekend Rage is doing a Michael Jackson marathon on ABC.

after Michael died there was pretty much wall to wall programming with everything from concerts to top 50 songs to specials on mtv and vh1.

I could imagine how Foxtel would've gone crazy. Wish i had Foxtel so i coud watch them all, even though there were heaps on free to air, i couldn't get enough!
Can't wait for the rage special too WOO

is there anything showing in the good ol' U S of A? I'm really annoyed by this too.

Im from the UK and theres been tribute shows on the music channels - but they consisted only of a bit of a doc, and showing his videos - MJ top 40, We Love Michael Jackson... but iv seen nothing on channels 1-5 except bashit. uri is on tonight tho. i really wish they'd show a concert.

Uri is so creepy. Not only does he have creep vibe, he's also got creepy face. I know he was mj's friend and all but jeez that guy is shady

In my country, Philippines they've been swarming tv stations with MJ concerts and most shows had an MJ tribute too. I think now they're airing The Michael Jackson story and replays of MJ's 30th anniversary celebration will run through august.

I forgot what they're going to show on his birthday though I'm certain there will be something lol I think they've shown some docs too just dunno what's it about.

I do hope they'll show MJ's History tour haven't watched it yet but if they plan on just doing this I'm pretty satisfied on how they're handling it. :)

on the bad side they showed Bashir's doc but people's reaction were sympathetic to Michael no negative whatsoever plain sympathy so I guess that's not bad at all...

Back