Michael Jackson "Tribute Album" is in the making?!

BruceWayne

Proud Member
Music producer Carlos "Los Da Mystro" McKinney just twittered this:

Is this something you guys already have heard of?

Here's his twitter BTW:
http://twitter.com/LOSDaMystro

I don't know how I feel about a tribute album, especially this early on.
It all depends on the circumstances, like where is the money going, e.t.c.
It could be a nice gesture, if all the revenue went to charity.

It will only be cool if and only if the music is awesome. That's what it all comes down to. The whole reason for all of these tributes is out of respect for the musical genius that was Michael Jackson. The worst way to crap on his legacy is to put out crappy music in his honor or name.

lol cant even spell his name right! Still Usher loved Michael, Im sure he wanted to honour Michael again and again in his own way.

hey guys! im back from hols!! missed you loads :)

The only tribute album I ever liked and bought was one for Curtis Mayfield that was released in the early 1990s. I've listened to a few others for other acts. They weren't very good.

Looks like the song Usher is doing is "Got To Be There":

LOSDaMystro said:
Workin on the Micheal Jackson Usher remix of got to be there...The original recording of Lil MJ Wow!!!!

as long as it's good. please do give justice to MJ songs I'm fine with it lol

Too soon. I don't want to see talentless clucks singing Jackson classics. They need to wait.

will it just be singers doing a cover of his songs then?
Yes, that's what a tribute album is. A whole lot of acts have one or several of them like Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, John Lennon, Little Richard, Dolly Parton, P-Funk, Prince, The Monkees, Black Sabbath, Marvin Gaye, David Lee Roth, Duke Ellington, and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

The tribute album I would like to hear would be one by the Jackson family on which all MJ's brothers and sisters would participate. They could do some MJ covers, but also a few new tunes on which they could sing about how they feel about their brother.

I know this will never happen of course, and even if it did there would only be sarcastic comments from cynics who would accuse them of exploiting their deceased brother. Still, it would potentially be an interesting project.

Back