The Source Remembers Michael Jackson: Humanitarian

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
This is from the magazine "The Source", which is a hip hop based magazine in the U.S. for those of you who might not have heard of them. Anyhow, here's what the article says about MJ and his humanitarian efforts.

"Michael Jackson was more than an incredible artist, he was an incredible human being. Click the jump to check out a timeline of over twenty years worth of charitable acts and good will to the entire world".

[This site wont let post the whole thing 'cause it's too long but click on the link to read]

http://www.thesource.com/2009/06/the-source-remembers-michael-jackson-humanitarian/

The Millennium-Issue of the “Guinness Book Of Records” names Michael as the Pop Star who supports the most charity organizations. The following projects are supported by Michael Jackson:

AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children’s Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Heal The World Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make A Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center’s Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund
United Negro College Fund Ladder’s of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America

This is the oldest mentoring organization serving youth in the USA.

BBBSA has provided one-to-one mentoring relationships between adult volunteers and children at risk since 1904. BBBSA currently serves over 100,000 children and youth in more than 500 agencies throughout all of the United States.

BMI Foundation

From jazz to musical theater, from music education for gifted youngsters to support for the work of accomplished concert music composers, the BMI Foundation seeks out the best and most promising of today’s and tomorrow’s musical creators and offers a platform of support that fosters their growth and ensures the continuation of the heritage of American musical ingenuity for generations to come.

Childhelp USA

Childhelp USA is dedicated to meeting the physical, emotional, educational, und spiritual needs of abused and neglected children focusing efforts and resources upon treatment, prevention.

Children’s Institute International

This is a private, non-profit organization specializing in the treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
Over the past 90 years, CII has evolved from a shelter for single mothers and their babies to an internationally recognized model of comprehensive care and assistance for at-risk children and their families.
CII assistance includes child and family assessment supported by 24-hour emergency residential shelter care, family treatment services, therapeutic day care, child health clinic, long-term foster family care, and substance abuse treatment and prevention services.

Make A Wish Foundation fulfills the favorite wish of any child between the age of 2 ½ and 18 who has a diagnosed life-threatening illness.

Camp Ronald McDonald
Camp for children with cancer.

More great stats at http://jacksonaction.com

With 750+ Million Records Sold
Michael Jackson Has Given More Than
$300+ Million to Charities!

Please Remember Mr. Jackson for His Good Works…

-MJ also left 20% of his trust earnings to several charities in his will. I thought that was really nice. I'm so glad others are recognizing MJ for his humanitarian efforts. He never bragged or sought publicity for what he did, but he did do a lot of good and I believe he was genuine. Too bad some people were so intent on making him out to be some kind of evil monster, but it's nice to see now that he's being recognized for all the good he did.

This is awesome! Finally, one magazine is getting it right! Is it just me or does the other tribute mags not even mention his humanitarian efforts? At least, the ones that I bought don;t. :(

Thank you for posting. :)

Cinnamon: Do you have the actual magazine? Is it one article?

Thats a lotta charities.
I thought he gave to the American Lupus Foundation too.
I'm sure I read it somewhere before. *checks the list again*
At any rate, no truer line than this,
"Michael Jackson was more than an incredible artist, he was an incredible human being. Click the jump to check out a timeline of over twenty years worth of charitable acts and good will to the entire world".
Some people choose to forget or just plain ol' overlook this.

Last edited:
Back