The story behind Mike predicting his death, 1998?

MichaelMySoul

Proud Member
Does anyone here know more about that thing about Michael predicting his death in 1998, Ive seen him sign alot of autographs pre this year with 1998.. When did he actually start signing his autographs with 1998 and did he stop signing autographs with that logo when year 1998 passed?

I wonder why he predicted he would die 1998... I guess we will never know what went on inside the mastermind... I sort of havent been able to discuss this before his death.. Now that he is actually gone it feels easier to ask that question without consequences and superstitious thoughts.. :bugeyed

The story was he thought 1998 would be apocalyptic. I remember that. He wasn't predicting his own death.

Was this apocalyptic vision related his religion and god or just that the world would still go hungry and that people would suffer more?

Was this apocalyptic vision related his religion and god or just that the world would still go hungry and that people would suffer more?

He thought the world would end after talking to some wacky psychic. That was the story I heard years ago because I had the same question you're posing. Hope that helps some.

seeing as how the media sensationalizes everything I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the psychic said something eventful would happen (Paris), and it got turned into the apocalypse.

Is there a source for the apocalypse thing, that story's been floating around a while. My fave story will always be the voodoo dance thing...

I think that was supposed to be when Jesus Christ returned, according to the Jehovah's Witnesses, but not exactly sure.

so he predicted his own death in 1998. I predict my own dead right now.
BTW i always thought he wouldnt live very old. But thats because thats usually what happens to great artist. Its not real healthy life most of the times. So itsnot real hard to predict is it....

In the mid-late 1980's Michael used to sign 1998 with his signiture. I doubt this was a prediction of his own death, I presume it would have been something predicting good luck in 1998. Maybe he got his wish in 1998 and maybe he didn't.

According to earlier reports he also thought the world would end in 2012, hence the This Is It name.

Oh please, stop! It seems like many of you have gone suicidal! I don't believe the world will end in 2012. It reminds me of the same rumours of previous years. Please stop scaring me and some people who don't believe that shit! It's driving me crazy. :S :(

I sure hope it does. The world has gone crazy and humanity makes no sense anymore. Not joking.

I agree. I never thought I'd wish for something like that as long as Michael was here with us. But now I do.
And no, I'm not suicidal lol. I will live my life for aslong as I'm meant to and make sure we all keep Michael's legacy alive and fullfill my dreams in honour of his legacy.
But nothing in life has even half as meaning as it ever used to now Michael's left us. The world really doesn't feel right.:no:

It was only the other day I was talking to some other fans about the 1998 thing, and yeah it was a physcic predicting he would die in 1998 and I'm not sure if she told him he had to put it in his signature but if not then he would've decided to incase he really did die, I guess.
Thank God he didn't die 1998, but he still wasn't meant to die only 11 years later. :no: Ugh, it still feels so surreal typing that.

It was only the other night when we were talking about it that I put two and two together about 1998 being the year beautiful Paris was born and the year in MJ's signature. :)

Last edited:
Look, i know the world have gone crazy when MJ passed away but it doesn't mean the world will end since he's gone. I'm still saddened over the death of MJ. And now you're talking about that 2012 theory? Why would you all think that you want to die now or in that year? Why? I don't think Michael would like that. We all need to stay together and try to make the world a better place.

It's just a damn movie, it's just a damn theory! So stop now. I don't believe it will happen. So please, stop scaring me and other people who don't believe that shit.

To be honest I don't even fully know what it's all about.
I haven't heard much about it at all. And there's always been theories about the world ending etc. lol. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
But to be honest it would make perfect sense now that Michael's gone. Before though it would've seemed crazy to me.
I do doubt it really will end in 2012, but for once I'm not scared if it does.

To be honest I don't even fully know what it's all about.
I haven't heard much about it at all. And there's always been theories about the world ending etc. lol. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
But to be honest it would make perfect sense now that Michael's gone. Before though it would've seemed crazy to me.
I do doubt it really will end in 2012, but for once I'm not scared if it does.

Well, i am scared. I do believe it's just one of the same stupid theories about the world ending. Let's just put it this way, if we're in 1995 now and they say the world will end in 21 December 1998, then filmmakers make a movie of that theory, then its 2 years later and we wait till the world ends.....

Then we would say "WTF, nothing happens. We're still alive!!". Same with 2000 or whatever year that was. Believe it or not. That's just my opinion.

Look, i know the world have gone crazy when MJ passed away but it doesn't mean the world will end since he's gone. I'm still saddened over the death of MJ. And now you're talking about that 2012 theory? Why would you all think that you want to die now or in that year? Why? I don't think Michael would like that. We all need to stay together and try to make the world a better place.

It's just a damn movie, it's just a damn theory! So stop now. I don't believe it will happen. So please, stop scaring me and other people who don't believe that shit.
Karen Faye, MJ's makeup person said that Mike believed in 2012. She's pretty close to him, so I don't think she'd be making it up. I don't see a difference in that and that he believed was going to die in 1998. It's funny that some MJ fans dismiss his beliefs and don't wanna hear about it, like athiests that don't wanna know that MJ believed in God. Or complaining about Jehovah's Witnesses not celebrating anything. I don't know what difference that makes or what that has to do with his music.

When did she say this?
I'm really inserested in this whole 2012 thing now, I really haven't heard much about it, I guess it woulda gone in one ear and out the other coz I've heard alot of 'the world's gonna end theories'.
And I'm interested in wether or not Michael really did believe in it.

I guess he believed that theory like he did with 1998. But i don't know what this 1998 sign mean. But i want to know what those signs means.

This whole 2012 thing is because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. It's like the end of one thing and the beginning of another. Cycles. People think the world is going to end because the calendar ends. Maybe something similar to y2k

I can't take this anymore. I think i will leave this community now. This is just too much. I can't believe we're talking about this now.

I can't take this anymore. I think i will leave this community now. This is just too much. I can't believe we're talking about this now.

People are hurt and it's not a good thing to want the world to end but we all need to be here for each other when we begin thinking there is no good left in the world. There is good and we can spread it. I have seen a lot of lovely posts here about keeping Michael's hopes and dreams alive but we need to help each other.

Michael made the world a better place and we need as many people as possible keep that alive. There is a lot of good in the world. We just need to stop focusing on the bad stuff.

Back