July 28, 2009 Jackson's doc administered anesthetic that authorities believe killed the pop star

jimbean

Proud Member
Just saw this on skynews...

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation into Michael Jackson's death says the pop star's personal doctor administered the powerful drug that authorities believe killed him.

Jackson regularly received the anesthetic propofol (PROH'-puh-fahl) to go to sleep. The official, who requested anonymity because the probe is ongoing, told The Associated Press on Monday that Dr. Conrad Murray gave Jackson the drug the last night of his life.

Murray was with Jackson when he died June 25 and has been identified in court papers as the subject of a manslaughter investigation.

Murray's lawyer has said the doctor didn't prescribe or administer anything that should have killed Jackson.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TION?SITE=MABED&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jackson's doc administered anesthetic that authorities believe killed the pop star

hope this is new rather than just rehashed.

Re: Jackson's doc administered anesthetic that authorities believe killed the pop star

yeh it was breaking news on skynews, they said more to follow

i havnt hear a source directly blame murray yet interms of he was the one who did it so wonder if its new interms of a leak which is then leading to an arrest

Now all they have to do is to consider whether its manslaughter or murder.

In other news report it says that he administered it, and left the room for a couple of hours for him to die (sorry to use that word guys x) and then returned to find him already gone.

If its the latter, it will be first degree murder (being pre meditated etc).

It would be a shame if the Doc got away with manslaugher altho the fact that Murray's helper helped dispose of the medical records 3 hours earlier.

Either way, Murray must be very very scared.

I hope Murray is very very scared. Hell I was very very scared when I watched the news that day. i was cooking dinner and my room mate called me my kids my sister all at the same time. I ran in my bedroom because I didn't believe it. when I saw the news my heart literally felt like it fell out of my chest. they said he was in a coma and I was praying and praying. I burnt up my dinner cried felt scare couldn't talk I was speechless. So I hope Conrad _aka Dumb-ass Murray is feeling the same way. He makes me sick to my stomach and I hate him.

I have a question, wasnt the doctor supposed to monitor Michael over night if he gave this to him? i remember Joe said on Larry King that the doctor fell asleep or something like that.

f its the latter, it will be first degree murder (being pre meditated etc).
that highly unlikely and pretty much impossible to prove. mark geragos mentioned a clause where it can be charged as murder because the person was so negligent it might aswell have been premeditated. this imo is the only way they would go with murder

Well if he gave the meds to MJ he is suppose to stay there and watch MJ throughout the night never leaving his side unless he had another medical person there.. even though he shouldln't have been giving MJ the medicine in the first place but that's water under the bridge.. He took MJ life into his own hands when he agreed to administer the meds and if he fell asleep or walked away from him while the medicine was being given to him through an IV well he will be charged with manslaughter

cnn reporting this according to others

so we are taking this as true?

# NBC News reports, citing a law enforcement source, that Michael Jackson's doctor administered propofol.33 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
#
AP: Law enforcement official: Jackson's doctor administered anesthetic believed to have killed him. (adds source)42 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

on http://www.cnn.com/ there is a huge banner reporting the breaking news.

I feel the tears starting to come.. damn everybody that couldn't man up and say no to him

well if he knew he was supposed to be monitoring mj and left or fell asleep, that's manslaughter. however, if he did thing sto conceal what he had done, then it's far worse

some said he wasn't a live in dr. he was only supposed to be there in the mornign w/ mj.

so that begs the question. y the hell was he there at noon?

well cnn...hmmmmm they're the same ones who, while showing the verdict, had the ticker/banner saying guilty on all counts so let's see. i think they've gotten better since 05

Well if he gave the meds to MJ he is suppose to stay there and watch MJ throughout the night never leaving his side unless he had another medical person there.. even though he shouldln't have been giving MJ the medicine in the first place but that's water under the bridge.. He took MJ life into his own hands when he agreed to administer the meds and if he fell asleep or walked away from him while the medicine was being given to him through an IV well he will be charged with manslaughter

Thank you and i agree with you.

On HLN(Headline News, which is connected with CNN) it is also stating that Murray gave Jackson the drug that killed him. And remember that his office was raided last week, so they must have found out after the investigation. I had a feeling on June 26(after the sad news sunk in) that Dr. Murray was guilty. Not only that, but I have been watching CNN and they also have focused on that Michael kept cash in the house and he usually kept about $2 million dollars, and they have said that that money was taken as Michael drew his last breath. I have a feeling that this was planned.
Then OH!! Remember that Dr. Murray fled the place after Michael died. Suspicious? I think so.
OH!! I'm listening to CNN and I was going to post this as well. Dr. Murray gave Michael CPR on the bed??!!! He's a cardiologist and he should have known to give him CPR on the floor.
Also CNN keeps inviting Dr. Murray to come on and present his side. I haven't seen him or his attorneys. But they're talking about that now and are saying his attorneys are probably advising Murray not to come on maybe thinking that his(Murray's) time will come to explain, I guess.

More reports are confirming this (even though we already knew i suppose)...

Authorities: Jackson Doc Administered Lethal Drug

The Michael Jackson investigation is zeroing in on Dr. Conrad Murray.
A law-enforcement source has told the Associated Press that the cardiologist, who has become the target of a manslaughter probe, administered the dose of propofol that officials believe ultimately killed the King of Pop on June 25.
Authorities have determined that Jackson had been regularly using the potent anesthetic, which leaves people in a near comatose state, to help him sleep.
E! News has confirmed that needle marks were discovered on Jackson's neck and arms during the dual autopsies performed on his body, and a source said that toxicology tests performed by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office found propofol in his blood.
Officials carted off vials of the drug, which is marketed under the brand name Diprivan, following a search of Jackson's Holmby Hills home shortly after his death.
Murray's attorney, Edward Chernoff, declined to comment "on rumors, innuendo or unnamed sources," but he previously told E! News that his client did not prescribe propofol for Jackson or administer any drugs that could have killed the star.
Last week, authorities searched Murray's Houston offices and a public storage space rented in the doctor's name. They seized a number of items, including computer hard drives and tablets of an appetite suppressant and a muscle relaxer, but no propofol.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b136278_authorities_jackson_doc_administered.html

murray ain't gonna swap nothing w/ velez-mitchell she's a tabloid show host. if anything, it should be lkl but he won't. he is the target of a crim investigation.

Source: Jackson's doctor gave drug that police believe killed him

* Story Highlights
* Source close to family says doctor administered drug believed to have killed singer
* Dr. Conrad Murray was with Michael Jackson on day that he died
* Developing story, more details to come soon

updated 10 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, administered a powerful drug that authorities believe killed the singer, a source close to the Jackson family and with knowledge of the investigation confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Murray was the doctor who was at Jackson's home when the pop star died on June 25.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/27/michael.jackson/index.html

Breaking News on CNN....

On CNN they just said they are going to have another update about this.

On HLN(Headline News, which is connected with CNN) it is also stating that Murray gave Jackson the drug that killed him. And remember that his office was raided last week, so they must have found out after the investigation. I had a feeling on June 26(after the sad news sunk in) that Dr. Murray was guilty. Not only that, but I have been watching CNN and they also have focused on that Michael kept cash in the house and he usually kept about $2 million dollars, and they have said that that money was taken as Michael drew his last breath. I have a feeling that this was planned.
Then OH!! Remember that Dr. Murray fled the place after Michael died. Suspicious? I think so.
OH!! I'm listening to CNN and I was going to post this as well. Dr. Murray gave Michael CPR on the bed??!!! He's a cardiologist and he should have known to give him CPR on the floor.
Also CNN keeps inviting Dr. Murray to come on and present his side. I haven't seen him or his attorneys. But they're talking about that now and are saying his attorneys are probably advising Murray not to come on maybe thinking that his(Murray's) time will come to explain, I guess.
If this man is now the target of a criminal investigation, he will not be talking to anyone.

sky news was first on this again im impressed actually

I remember reading somewhere that Proforol must be found in the blood in order for manslaughter to become murder. Is it true??

well hard to do since it metabolizes farily easily in th ebody. and that's just in a matter of minutes. so their failure to call, the resucitation efforts that were blatantly done in vain, and then prolonged at the hospital, and then the tranpo of the body (omg so hard to type) all factor in on how much they'll find in him.

AP source: Jackson doc gave him drug before death
By THOMAS WATKINS (AP) – 7 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES — Michael Jackson's personal doctor administered a powerful anesthetic to help him sleep, and authorities believe the drug is what killed the pop singer, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Monday.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said Jackson regularly received propofol to sleep, a practice far outside the drug's intended purpose. On June 25, the day Jackson died, Dr. Conrad Murray gave him the drug sometime after midnight, the official said.
Though toxicology reports are pending, investigators are working under the theory that propofol caused Jackson's heart to stop, the official said.
Murray, 51, has been identified in court papers as the subject of a manslaughter investigation and authorities last week raided his office and a storage unit in Houston. Police say Murray is cooperating and have not labeled him a suspect.
Murray's lawyer, Edward Chernoff, has said the doctor "didn't prescribe or administer anything that should have killed Michael Jackson." When asked Monday about the law enforcement official's statements he said: "We will not be commenting on rumors, innuendo or unnamed sources."
Murray became Jackson's personal physician in May and was to accompany him to London for a series of concerts starting in July. He was staying with Jackson in a rented Los Angeles mansion and, according to Chernoff, found an unconscious Jackson in the pop star's bedroom the morning of June 25. Murray attempted to revive him but could not.
Police searching Jackson's home after his death found propofol and other drugs, an IV line and three tanks of oxygen in Jackson's bedroom, and 15 more oxygen tanks in a security guard's shack.
Propofol can depress breathing and lower heart rates and blood pressure. Because of the risks, propofol is only supposed to be administered in hospitals. Instructions on the drug's package warn that patients must be continuously monitored, and that equipment to maintain breathing, to provide artificial ventilation, and to administer oxygen if needed "must be immediately available."
Jackson had trouble sleeping and the official said he enlisted various doctors to administer propofol, relying on the drug like an alarm clock. He would decide what time he wanted to awaken and at the appointed hour a doctor would stop the intravenous drip that delivered the drug, the official said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iMkoNA7ANMxeUu2iZ9hdf_Vr1FfQD99N3FP01

Now all they have to do is to consider whether its manslaughter or murder.

That'll come down to intent and circumstance... if any charges are laid it'll be for manslaughter... murder charges would be incredibly hard to prove as the prosecution would have to provide evidence to support the fact that Murray (or murray and co-conspirators) intended to end Michael's life.
Manslaughter is a lesser charge and relates to the possiblities that the Dr. fell asleep whilst on duty, injected the wrong medication, or overdosed the patient or didn't show due deligence in regards to factoring in Michael's current health and or other medication being taken.

Larry King will be covering this story tonight.

News article has now also broke on Huffingtonpost

Police searching Jackson's home after his death found propofol and other drugs, an IV line and three tanks of oxygen in Jackson's bedroom, and 15 more oxygen tanks in a security guard's shack.
Propofol can depress breathing and lower heart rates and blood pressure. Because of the risks, propofol is only supposed to be administered in hospitals. Instructions on the drug's package warn that patients must be continuously monitored, and that equipment to maintain breathing, to provide artificial ventilation, and to administer oxygen if needed "must be immediately available."

Back