Kanye West calling himself the new king of Pop,WTF?

victorytour84

Proud Member
I’m thinking Kanye is in need of some attention, here’s his latest rant according to scrapetv.com:
You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It’s so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I’m willing to take that on. There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in kanye west respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King,” said West.
“First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there’s nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop.”
Can someone please shut Kanye up!!!

He loves himself so much, this is just comical. No one will ever love Kanye more than Kanye.

mass hysteria? NO....global love of Kanye? NO....Global Influence? NO.....he has nowhere near the record sales or influence of MJ....he is delusional. and i'm saying this from a completely realistic point of view, not as some MJ stan or anything. One thing that i've always been is grounded in reality, maybe too much so, and I am REALLY saying that he is on a massive ego trip, lmao

People who are in the remote corners of the world know MJ. He was king for a reason, not just because HE said so. He had a global following, global awareness, people who faint at a STATUE of him, let alone the real him. i don't know anyone who would faint at the sight of kanye. He has no more or less influence than anyone else around right now, which takes him out of the KING running. When michael was on top, there was no one even CLOSE to his level. You can't be king if there are people who are on the same level footing as you...just not possible

Gee, you can't choose what you want people to know/label you as. You have to work up for a name like The King of Pop...
I don't like what he said. Talk about being big headed.
No one can take Michaels place ever!

Gee, you can't choose what you want people to know/label you as. You have to work up for a name like The King of Pop...
I don't like what he said. Talk about being big headed.
No one can take Michaels place ever!

Exactly! Michael didn't exactly call himself the king of pop. His fans called him that. He just let us.

But Michael was the one and the ONLY king of pop. Just like Elvis was the one and ONLY king of rock.

One thing that I know about Kanye West since he's been around is that this man is SO FULL OF HIMSELF! He hasn't made comments like this (I'm new KOP), but something like he's the biggest thing in the world, etc, etc. He just comes across as so big-headed and egotistical from his past comments and behavior.

He's being incredibly disrespectful. I noticed that he didn't even make a comment on Michael's death either and he worked with him.

I'm sorry but Kanye will never measure up to what Michael has done in his lifetime and he best do his research before he starts making comments like this.

On the other hand, if Kanye wants to take a hand me down title, Michael can now be known as the 'GREATEST ENTERTAINER THAT EVER LIVED'!

The only thing I really respect with Kanye is that he takes his art seriously.
He put work in into his music videos, he put work into his concerts... from an art perspective he's really great.
But go and call yourself the new king of pop is ruthless.

I like Kanye's music, but he's so full of himself. I can't help but think that he's incredibly insecure and uses his big-headedness to guise that lack of self-esteem he may have. Eh, or he could just be an egotistical jerk. I'm kinda on the fence of the two.

Again, while I do like Kanye's music, and I think he's an innovater in his own right, sometimes I'm just like c'mon. The guy samples so much of his music. I understand that when you're making mixes it's different because you're making a new creation, but dang that's a lot of sampling! After i saw this video, my being impressed with him kinda dwindled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlRVli514w

If you watch at 2:28, you'll see where he sampled from MJ. I'm so slow b/c I didn't even realize that o_o!

I was just eating popcorn and began choking as I began reading this post. This is completely ridiculous, really. Nobody will ever, ever equal up to what Michael was and what he did in his lifetime. I cannot believe stupidity, really!

Michael wasn't crowned the 'King of Pop' not only because of his music. Michael was crowned for his music, humanitarianism, donations to muliple charitable organization all over the world, his love for children, the world, his contributions to music and dance, and not to mention his intelligence.

As to my knowledge, Kanye has only been in the music business for nine years and Michael has been singing and dancing since he was five years old, which was forty five years ago.

And, Michael didn't ask to be crowned or claimed himself as the 'King of Pop', he was given the title. I believe Kanye should wait and continue writing and making music instead of going around claiming that he's the new king, taking hold of the throne. He should earn it, as Michael did himself.

Nobody will ever match up to the beautiful person Michael was, nobody! Kanye has some good music, there's honestly no doubt about it, and I'm sure he's a wonderful person; it's just I don't think it's fair that Kanye's going around suggesting that he should take over the throne as the 'King of Pop'.

Michael will always remain at his throne and will always be known as the 'King of Pop'.

HAHAhahaha dang I got have tears in my eyes that was so funny. it should have been posted on the cheer up thread because it had me rollin. he's comical . Does he really believe that or is he joking?

:rofl::rofl::wtf2

Talk about deluded!

I like some of Kanye's tracks but my god he's a prick.

He should take a leaf out of Michael's book and learn to be humble.

Reading that amused me more than anything else I've seen today!

Wait a damn min.....He's kidding right? I was grinding my teeth with each foolish word I read. Somebody gag this mofo. How insulting.

Why no one wants to find another "King of Rock n Roll" or another "The Beatles".It's always about "King of pop",they always want to replace him. WTH?

Wow! I think anyone ASKING people to call him the King of Pop doesn't DESERVE to be called the King of Pop! It is something you should EARN, not ASK for or ASSUME to be...

Wow! Half of his songs are totally forgettable anyway...what did he do besides Gold Digger...and was Gold Digger even his song? Wasn't it Jaime Foxx's ??

Wow! I think anyone ASKING people to call him the King of Pop doesn't DESERVE to be called the King of Pop! It is something you should EARN, not ASK for or ASSUME to be...

Wow! Half of his songs are totally forgettable anyway...what did he do besides Gold Digger...and was Gold Digger even his song? Wasn't it Jaime Foxx's ??
i FEEL YA. nO ONE CARES ABOUT kANYE OR WHATEVER THE HECK HIS NAME IS. I THINK I SPELLED IT WRONG. HE'S IS ABOUT AS IMPORTANT TO ME AS A SWATTED MOSQUITO LYING ON THE GROUND, HE'S NOBODY. "KING OF (FORGOT)"
http://images.google.com/images?hl=...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1

hahahahahahahahahah LMAO.. Pleaseeee Kanye, STFU. You're truely not the King Of Pop. No one will ever take MJs place!

He's too damn cocky. And a rapper calling himself the king of pop??!! Just beautiful.lol

i AGREE WHY WOULD HE CALL HIMSELF THAT AND HE'S A RAPPER ANYWAY. MAN WHAT A DUMB DUCK.

I know right.. so true.I guess his cockiness. BIG ego got to him!! LMAO...hahahah he needs to think before he speaks.

Back