A Trip Down Memory Lane......

Dutchie

Guests
Hey you guys,

I thought it would be fun to create a thread where everyone can post their favorite Michael-memories/moments. It can be a pic, a thread, a single post, a quote....anything that reminds you of a moment when Michael made you smile.

Let's make this a thread we won't forget :)

i was in edinburgh and i came across a comic store which had loads of michael jackson memrobillia...i was probably about 12 at the time and i always dreamt of attending an mj concert..which unfortunately will never now happen

anyway i came across this japanese mj phone card, so i bought it...i think it was like 5 pound and i used to pretend to people i went and saw MJ LIVE on his BAD tour in Japan and show them my phone card as proof... they believed me..

For me that has to be seeing the clip for smooth criminal for the first time in my life. I must have been like 8 or 9. I stood there, my mouth open, in awe.
I wouldn't move, and I wouldn't close my mouth. I remember how strong the impression was. He was magical. This whispery-cracked voice on the record, the mooooves. pure magic. I was so lucky to see it as a child!!!

You know, when I close my eyes and take myself back there, I can still feel that impression inside me, something I might have not quite lived the same way if I wasn't a child back then. This is how strong it was.

For me, somehow, smooth criminal *IS* Michael Jackson.
[not undermining all of other stuff]

"love is a donut" - makes me smile everytime I hear/read it!
:lol: I love that! :)

I have a favorite memory that I haven't shared with many. In March 2007, me and a few fellow fans/friends were sitting near the entrance of Michael's hotel. He had gone somewhere (and fans had followed him) and we had decided to wait for him.

We were sitting there, listening to R. Kelly's Ignition first and doing little impressions of Michael (remember PHM's, Michael groovin' to that song? :lol:)...and then we played "Bootylicious" and were singing along to it, having fun.

Then all of a sudden, we saw this huge flash of light. Turns out Michael's van had turned up out of nowhere, stood right in front of us, and Michael had told the driver to signal to us. :tease: So we were completely startled at first, then jumped up and ran over to Michael, who was walking through the hotel's rotating doors :wild: :lol: It was hilarious....and I did manage to say hello to him and actually linked arms with him for 10 whole seconds inside the lobby while walking towards the elevator!!! :wub:

Every time I hear "Ignition" I picture Michael dancing to it.
I remember the first time I heard the Dangerous album. I couldn't stop listening.
The first time I heard Invincible, Sony was streaming it for 24hrs on Michael's official site. I couldn't sleep, I had to listen to it over and over.
I remember being part of the Simulcast chat. It was crazy to think Michael was reading everything we typed in.
I remember watching the MTV VMA when he came on with 'Nsync during "Pop". I started screaming bloody murder. My sister thought I was being killed.
Same thing when he did Billie Jean during MSG.

the whole speed demon sequence in Moonwalker. Always has and always will make me smile. and the images in my siggy

nice topic and sweet stories!:)

a nice story of mine is when i saw Michael the very first time on 23rd July 1996 here in Budapest (photo in my siggie)..i knew he was here in my city for a quick visite, but i was too shy to ask my parents to take me to the hotel (i was 13 that time)..but on 23rd my dad told me he is going to the city centre and if i wanted to join him so we can also walk by Michael`s hotel. I was so happy so he took me to the hotel where we waited just a very little and Michael came out (there were just a very few fans because most of them were waiting for him in our stadion where he was supposed to go to make a little "press conference") so that was the very first time i saw him and really up close, just stood next to his car door...then we heard he is going first to the Heroes Square where he filmed the History teaser so we took the tube and went there...arrived earlier then Michael. There he got out of his car at the statue and my dad was putting me in his neck so i could see Michael better from the crowd, it was amazing, i was only a fan for like 1-1,5 years back then so my Michaelmania just started:)

I think it would have to be sitting around at my friends houses on saturday nights watching Musicmax and getting spastic when one of his clips came on. Double spastic if it was a full uncut version. Thinking back to those days, it makes me blue as hell.

Back