Just seen the 'other' footage from the Bashir interview - I'm in shock!!

slimblonde2

Proud Member
I've only just seen the 'other' YouTube footage of the Bashir interview, and I'm shocked and angry. In fact I'm wondering how they allowed Bashir's programme, a distorted view of Michael, to be aired at all. Surely there must be a law against it? To show selected footage, edit out Bashirs own positive words at the time of the interview, and replace them with sinister commentary - well it makes me feel sick.
Thank goodness Michael was filming the interview at the same time, or we'd never have known what a travesty the programme was. No wonder he was so angry when the Bashir interview was shown.
The part I found most galling is right at the end of one of the interviews when Bashir says something like ' Why do we never see you like this? Why do they never let you speak? Well thats' not what we're about'.

Now I've seen this I'll never forgive Bashir.

i am angry also,they should air the footage you wre never meant to see,so the world can see what a minipulative pig bashir was,

Bashir was an ignoble, pathetic, money-grubbing, gutless, repulsive,manipulative, ugly, mad psychopath!

Bashir will get his come-uppance one day. What goes around comes around. It breaks my heart to think how Michael trusted this low life.

Martin Bashir, may you and anyone like you burn in hell forever.

b/c when mj signed it, they didn't have a clause that allowed him to view and approve of the footage. he signed away all rights thinking he had to do that in order for the money he stood to make from it went to charity.

and they did air it. they should air it again.

It speaks VOLUMES that they didn't show Michael's footage of what went on internationally.
They need to do this. People need to see it. Bashir/ITV set out to destroy Michael. It's disgusting and utterly inhumane what they did to him.
I really don't know how Michael survived all these betrayals.

um it was done on purpose. mez introduced a letter bashir wrote, he mentioned it in his opening statements,where martin said he was going to find a sensitive area injackson'slife and exploit it to the fullest. he would make a name forhimself after this doc.

and he did

Is there anything we can all do to get this footage aired? It would shut some of these people up who still believe the Bashir side of things!
People would watch it,its the ideal time.Better to have this on the tv than some of the other rubbish Uri Geller springs to mind here!

I have seen "The Footage you were never meant to see" and I can't believe Bashir's positive comments were cut out, then he would make negative comments. I was wondering if he had two personalities, LOL! Anyway, Bashir was obsessing over Michael's relationship to children, and that was frustrating to see.

Last edited:
I've only just seen the 'other' YouTube footage of the Bashir interview, and I'm shocked and angry. In fact I'm wondering how they allowed Bashir's programme, a distorted view of Michael, to be aired at all. Surely there must be a law against it? To show selected footage, edit out Bashirs own positive words at the time of the interview, and replace them with sinister commentary - well it makes me feel sick.
Thank goodness Michael was filming the interview at the same time, or we'd never have known what a travesty the programme was. No wonder he was so angry when the Bashir interview was shown.
The part I found most galling is right at the end of one of the interviews when Bashir says something like ' Why do we never see you like this? Why do they never let you speak? Well thats' not what we're about'.

Now I've seen this I'll never forgive Bashir.

I am going to say "I dislike Martin Bashir". May he go to the place opposite of Heaven. And hope Karma will pay him a visit.
There was a clip on youtube of Bashir- the day after MJ's death?? He was saying then....
something to the like "he didn't believe Michael did anything inappropriate with children.
A little too late ********. OOOOOOOOH, HE MAKES ME MAD.
Sorry- this lil lady have moved from grief to ANGER. And stuck on anger for the foreseeable future.

And I actually never saw his interview with MJ. When I heard the controversy I was glad I didn't watch it. But I did see the Maury one when it was aired. THANK GOD MJ taped it. HE IS/WAS a GENIUS. LOVE MJ.

There was a clip on youtube of Bashir- the day after MJ's death?? He was saying then.... something to the like "he didn't believe Michael did anything inappropriate with children.
That makes an even bigger creep out of Bashir. If he had suspected that MJ was a guilty man his tactics would still have been repulsive, but at least he would have had the excuse that he was trying to set up someone he believed to be a child molester. But if he thinks, like he says now, that he believes that MJ never did anything inappropriate it makes a truly evil person out of Bashir. Trying to further his own career by knowingly ruining the life and career of someone he believes to be an innocent man. What a lowlife....

That makes an even bigger creep out of Bashir. If he had suspected that MJ was a guilty man his tactics would still have been repulsive, but at least he would have had the excuse that he was trying to set up someone he believed to be a child molester. But if he thinks, like he says now, that he believes that MJ never did anything inappropriate it makes a truly evil person out of Bashir. Trying to further his own career by knowingly ruining the life and career of someone he believes to be an innocent man. What a lowlife....

yea- calling him a "lowlife" is giving lowlife's a bad name. but I totally agree with you. the whole documentary was to further his image and career here in the states at the expense of MJ.

Wow, chapeau to ya all!
I really feel the heal the world message in all the posts.........

Aren.t there more positive things to put our energy in then by hating people?

I love spending my energy and typing skills to express my feelings on all things that I believe is worth commenting on. Some things positive and some things negative.
With that said, anyone that calls themselves an MJ fan can't in any way judge another MJ fan for hating, disliking, or being disgusted with MARTIN BASHIR. PERIOD.
And if anyone doesn't understand why some fans have such strong feelings on Bashir, or Nancy Dis Grace, or DD, or countless others, they need to do some research.

i think the defenition of hate is in each country different, maybe that,s the issue... no offense, okay?
Hate is a very strong thing to say in my country.
In my opinion it,s like poisen for the soul....
That doensn,t mean i like bashir.
No i don,t like that man, but hate?
No, there are no people in this world i truly hate.....i have strong feelings towards some people....people i really don,t want to have around me.
It,s my choice not to hate, cause i don,t like my soul to be a prisoner of it.
I wished many more people would make that choice, cause it,s making life so much easier.
i hope you now understand a little bit more of the thing i ment.....

( damn i don,t like ( hate *joking*) that my englsich is bad so i can,t express myself very well)

And btw....i do not need to research about bashir to have this opinion, i did before ;-)

Jenny, you're clearly a very nice person. "Hate" is indeed a very strong word, in any country I think. He's got a brain tumor right now and I hope he recovers from it, but I think that what he did with his MJ documentary....well, let's just say that as a 'journalist' you can't sink any lower than he did. Since he never admitted to any wrongdoing - let alone apologized for it it's only normal that MJ fans don't like this guy.

i think the defenition of hate is in each country different, maybe that,s the issue... no offense, okay?
Hate is a very strong thing to say in my country.
In my opinion it,s like poisen for the soul....
That doensn,t mean i like bashir.
No i don,t like that man, but hate?
No, there are no people in this world i truly hate.....i have strong feelings towards some people....people i really don,t want to have around me.
It,s my choice not to hate, cause i don,t like my soul to be a prisoner of it.
I wished many more people would make that choice, cause it,s making life so much easier.
i hope you now understand a little bit more of the thing i ment.....

( damn i don,t like ( hate *joking*) that my englsich is bad so i can,t express myself very well)

And btw....i do not need to research about bashir to have this opinion, i did before ;-)

First, let me start of by saying that I respect anyone who is willing to engage me in anything I say.
Second, you are certainly right. HATE is a very strong word. But hate is hate and I think it means the same in every country. It is a very emotional word, it is a very strong word.
Third, I rarely use the word Hate to describe anything or anyone. But in this case..... I try to hold back and not write "hate"- but sometimes I just have to write how I feel.
I do apologize if anyone is offended by me writing hate.
We all are human , and apart of being human is to feel and express in our own ways... sadness, happiness, grief, joy, and when befitting Hate.
The way in which Martin Bashir behaved and portrayed Michael really was beyond unethical, it was so sick.
I respect the fact that you don't feel as strongly as I do about Bashir. That is fine. But don't tell me I shouldn't hate or spending my time hating someone is wrong.
I don't mean to come across mean or disrespectful- but I just want to be as clear as I can be about how I feel.
We can all agree or disagree- but telling other people how they should "feel" is something else.

Let me end by saying this..... I have argued, debated, and discussed with so many people, especially when they are saying negative comments about Michael especially since 2003. And this is in real life. Many times people support their argument (to me) by mentioning the Bashir documentary. When I ask did you see the "footage you were never meant to see" they are oblivious to the whole story. They just know about half of the story- the Bashir version. They know the tabloid trash, that has marked an innocent man, sensitive, caring, a wonderful human bring and turned him into a monster. Forgive me if I have some strong feelings.

Jenny, you're clearly a very nice person. "Hate" is indeed a very strong word, in any country I think. He's got a brain tumor right now and I hope he recovers from it, but I think that what he did with his MJ documentary....well, let's just say that as a 'journalist' you can't sink any lower than he did. Since he never admitted to any wrongdoing - let alone apologized for it it's only normal that MJ fans don't like this guy.

I didn't know he has brain tumor.

I understand a good discussion is for me not possible because of the different languages......
I notice that people are misundertsanding my words or are putting words in my mouth i didn,t say ( i never said how someone should feel, never!)
Respect to you all......and see you in other threads, byebye.
*out of here*

I think Bashirs documentery even got an award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

It speaks VOLUMES that they didn't show Michael's footage of what went on internationally.

Take 2 was aired here in Australia at the time...It was also very heavily publicized :yes:

It's just a shame that Take 2 received only a fraction of the TV ratings that Bashir's rubbish did though...:(

Back