Teddy Riley recalls how Michael cared about his children

Damn, I posted the same article 1 minute after you did :D
But mine was only a reply in a thread so it's all good.

LOL @ "Time out", that's old school :D

I think MJ was a wonderful dad! :wub:

Damn, I posted the same article 1 minute after you did :D
But mine was only a reply in a thread so it's all good.

LOL @ "Time out", that's old school :D

hahahahah, its all good ;)

Michael was undeniable a WONDERFUL FATHER, i wish i would have been his daughter, i mean, who doesnt?

Thank you for posting. I love hearing Teddy talk about Michael because you can hear the love and respect he has for Michael.

Everyone who has talked about their interactions with Prince, Paris and Blanket always say that they are extremely well-behaved children. What is great to know is that they act that way out of love and not fear. Michael used love to discipline his children, not fear. If more people in the world raised their children like Michael, then maybe we wouldn't have so many screwed up people.

I just wish Little Blanket had more time with his father. . . :(

I have been noticing MTV has been having decent articles regarding Michael lately...umm..

I am just starting to read the article from Teddy ... and love the photo they have of Michael

Teddy always has such positive things to say about Mike. Seems like they had a beautiful relationship. Already set my tivo for this program.

Ahh, I don't know what it is with me today. It's been a month and I'm still mourning but I actually started to feel better and get on with my life but then I read this and I am crying endlessly! I feel for his children, knowing that they wouldn't be able to have their father read to them ever again. Out of all the people who's been interviewed about their friendship with Michael, Teddy Riley is the one who's touched me the most, specially his interview on CNN with Don Lemon :(

"'This is Theodore." Aww, Michael was a wonderful Dad. :)

I LOVE his timeout techniques - Read a book. Awesome!!!

Ahh, I don't know what it is with me today. It's been a month and I'm still mourning but I actually started to feel better and get on with my life but then I read this and I am crying endlessly! I feel for his children, knowing that they wouldn't be able to have their father read to them ever again. Out of all the people who's been interviewed about their friendship with Michael, Teddy Riley is the one who's touched me the most, specially his interview on CNN with Don Lemon :(

it is strange what happenned, still aweful when i actually start to think that Michael is actually gone, he does not exist anymore.

I always thought he would live 'till his 70's or more like Chaplin, cause it was a question i always made to myself, i was always thinking that, cause many geniuses die mostly young, you know Mozart, Beethoven, wonderful artists die before they can conclude their artistry or their final act, it was a question i made to myself many times, specially in the last 2 years i never knew for a fact how Michael was doing, but as he always waved and smiled (the few times we could see him on tv)and he never presented himself as a sick person, and his managers always said he was right i just believed them, i really believed them i was sure Michael was going to be the exception and that he was going to be like Chaplin. Michael used to said he didnt wanted to be in this business at least in front of the camereas for too long, it was one of his dreams to direct movies, so i always vissually him as that.

That day, when i heard the radio man said Michael Jackson but i was talking to a friend and dint pay attention, i didnt hear quiet well.
Till the day before that i was always googling about Michael, was hoping for the new concerts and the news were always talking about the choir Michael wanted to do with children, about the pole dancer he had hired, about making a second Neverland there in England so when he was not performng he would be there with his kids, and the many stories before the so expected comeback, i always google Michael Jackson but that day i didnt.
Here in Argentina it was 4 or 5 pm, i was with a friend we were talking, i heard the radio man named Michael Jackson, but as i was taliking to her i didnt pay that much attention, i asssumed "oh it must be some news about the ideas Michael had for the concert", then i heard the radio man said, "Michael Jackson has died, he passed to another place, he's in a better place now, we say good bye to the king of pop, we salute you" and he keep on speaking, i fell down on my knees, shivering crying, i catched up the remote as i could, turn on on cnn and i read "Michael Jackson is said to be death", there was no confirmation so i got up myself and i thought, no, there's no confirmation, my sister came to me consoling me, then like an hour or two they gave the final confirmation, i was extremely confused, i was hoping it was a mistake, just another more rumor, they spent so much time till the confirmation that i couldnt believe it was truth, but then at at least half an hour i believed it, that day changed my life, Michael was my BIGGEST INSPIRATION; NOT ONLY MUSSICALLY BUT AS A HUMAN, I WANTED TO HELP THE CHILDREN BECAUSE OF HIM, HE INSPIRED THAT SIDE ON ME TOO.
That night and the three nights and days after i couldnt sleep, till one day i recovered myself and decided that i have to keep on.

Last edited:
This is the reason Michael chose to work with Teddy not the-so-called-Quincy-Jones
16.gif

Teddy Riley is the one who's touched me the most, specially his interview on CNN with Don Lemon
Do you have the transcript? :D

Teddy always has such positive things to say about Mike. Seems like they had a beautiful relationship. Already set my tivo for this program.

I set mine as well... What a wonderful way for them to pay tribute to this man... I mean WE all know what a great person and father he was, now others will see it too...

I have been noticing MTV has been having decent articles regarding Michael lately...umm..

I am just starting to read the article from Teddy ... and love the photo they have of Michael

yes i have noticed the same about MTV, and i love the picture too

I love this part:

Although Teddy respected Michael's hands-on approach with his kids, he did think he was kind of a pushover when it came to discipline.
"I have to say this, but his time-outs were not as bad as, you know, our time-outs," he laughed. "They don't go up against a wall and look at the wall for an hour or 10 minutes. He sent them to the bunks with no TV. For me, that's a good time-out. But the kids, they knew what it was."

ha ha...but ya know in a world filled with technology, that's a pretty bad timeout.

Mike was a great loving father.

God bless his soul.

Back