Post-it-notes give clue to Michael's state of mind before he passed?

angelofhope

Proud Member
Hello
Something that is bothering me-the story about LAPD finding loads of post-its at Holmby Hills in Michael's room with phrases like 'Children are sweet'. We all know MJ had a innocent love for children but why write it down? I think I recall maybe a similiar incident in 1993 when Michael allegedly scrawled similiar sentiments on a hotel walls, Just wondering if this is a clue to his state of mind. If you visit Karen's facebook site she says something similiar relating to his state of mind before he passed.

well this can be taken in several ways.

1. Children are sweet meaning he just heard something nice from a child. Maybe his own?

2. It's a code (C.A.S) would also depend on other post its found.

3. He was going to turn children into candy bars and was using money from this tour to build a factory to do so! (something tabloids might say)

yeah karen has alluded to his mental state not being 100% (i kno we cant discuss her posts here)

but.... wondr what the postits are for?

I don't sense anything un-innocent about that. I'm guessing that if he did write these post-it notes, they were used as a sort of motivation. Probably when life was getting too tough and people were pissing him off, he wanted to remind himself that he still has children to live for. Just a guess.

I don't sense anything un-innocent about that. I'm guessing that if he did write these post-it notes, they were used as a sort of motivation. Probably when life was getting too tough and people were pissing him off, he wanted to remind himself that he still has children to live for. Just a guess.

i agree with ur post,i have a post it on my mirror that gets me ready 4 my day,after i get dressed n go to the mirror i read it,and im motivated

Artists tend to say their work comes from above, usually because ideas and creativity pops in their heads at any moment, you are supposed to immediatly write it down so you don't lose the inspired thought. Post it notes are ideal for that. Michael himself has described where he was doing everyday things and a song idea came from nowhere and he immediatly started to work on it even in the dead of night.

common technique called brain storming for someone working in a creative field (please notice storm in this sense is no hind for mental problems ;) just for all you media ppl reading here ok!)

common technique called brain storming for someone working in a creative field (please notice storm in this sense is no hind for mental problems ;) just for all you media ppl reading here ok!)

a thought shower? lol that the PC phrasing, honestly, the world today! lol :clapping:

True, I do this all the time to not forget my ideas or things my mind comes up with...my whole room is full of it.;)
And I also think he might want to indeed motivate or remind himself of good things and stuff.

He was probably just a note-person. LOL!

last I heard - there was like 20 post it notes on the wall. Of course they pick one that could be most misrepresented .... and leak it and the media will run with it.

to take anything in context, why don't they say what the other 19 sticky notes say..... instead of insinuating something ...... typical.

lastly, -- "children are sweet and innocent"- one of his kids must have said something.... as a reminder he puts it on his wall.... I wasn't there so I really don't know.

I read someplace that the focus of the tour was to help children, maybe he was writing songs or working on something related to children of the world?

my sister does stuff like that a lot, with post-it-notes...when she's writing and brainstorming or whatever she'll write some things on post-its for later, and re-arrange the notes when she's writing, things like that..of course the media will try to make it sound crazy, but real writers shouldn't be that surprised by it

I write notes and put them up all the time so I don't find it odd.

If something inspires me I write it down on a piece of paper and put it somewhere prominent to encourage me to keep going. Maybe that's what Michael did.

Writing things down and reading it often is very important to burning it into your subconscious mind.

I believe I read somewhere that for Thriller and/or Bad Michael wrote on his bathroom mirror 100 million as in the amount of albums he wanted to sell and we know that for thriller his dream came true!

3. He was going to turn children into candy bars and was using money from this tour to build a factory to do so! (something tabloids might say)
This made me laugh at first, but this is something the tabloids would probably say actually :glare:

But about the post-it note, I definitely think it was for motivation.

I think its cute :)

I do the same thing too, I write things down if I have an idea so I wont forget about them later on!

We don't know if the notes were really there, or if Michael wrote them. But assuming that they WERE there, that does not indicate any sort of "mental problem." I am an artist -- creative writing, and visual art. I keep notebooks by my bed, and carry a small notebook in my purse. Ideas can come anytime, from anywhere and I write things down as reminders. Not unusual.

As to Michael's mental state? We have heard so many versions now of his physical and mental state that there is no way to know the truth. Not really. Still, I tend to believe FANS first. Not Karen Faye, and certainly not his doctors, or his multiple managers, or corporate CEO's, or former so-called friends (Gellar, Schmuley, etc.) just cashing in. Of everyone, the fans had nothing to gain from Michael but just loving him and his artistry. They are/were not employees. Were not writing "tell-all" books or hoping to go on CNN for their five minutes of fame. They were just concerned for him, more purely than anyone else.. . . . .

All this remains a mystery. Maybe it will always be a mystery. . . .

leaving notes would be a good idea i think. if i did that i wouldnt have to spend hours looking for things i promised myself i would never forget where i placed them

considering its leaks from the LAPD who knows if its even true

I'm sure the family would have taken them down if they saw it, just like the bloodied shirt.

Hello
Something that is bothering me-the story about LAPD finding loads of post-its at Holmby Hills in Michael's room with phrases like 'Children are sweet'. We all know MJ had a innocent love for children but why write it down? I think I recall maybe a similiar incident in 1993 when Michael allegedly scrawled similiar sentiments on a hotel walls, Just wondering if this is a clue to his state of mind. If you visit Karen's facebook site she says something similiar relating to his state of mind before he passed.

BS. There wasn't nothing wrong with Mikes thinking.

I need to do post - its on my wall, mabey I want forget so much.

We don't know if the notes were really there, or if Michael wrote them. But assuming that they WERE there, that does not indicate any sort of "mental problem." I am an artist -- creative writing, and visual art. I keep notebooks by my bed, and carry a small notebook in my purse. Ideas can come anytime, from anywhere and I write things down as reminders. Not unusual.

As to Michael's mental state? We have heard so many versions now of his physical and mental state that there is no way to know the truth. Not really. Still, I tend to believe FANS first. Not Karen Faye, and certainly not his doctors, or his multiple managers, or corporate CEO's, or former so-called friends (Gellar, Schmuley, etc.) just cashing in. Of everyone, the fans had nothing to gain from Michael but just loving him and his artistry. They are/were not employees. Were not writing "tell-all" books or hoping to go on CNN for their five minutes of fame. They were just concerned for him, more purely than anyone else.. . . . .

All this remains a mystery. Maybe it will always be a mystery. . . .

I sooo Agree with you. If we look back from the 80's-90's and 2000's, Most ppl. Michael brought closer have betrayed him or done some NOT NICE things concerning him. As Michael said, He continues to do Music because of His Children and Us(fans). I truly believe him when he says that because there have been more deception in his life than the United states Government.

I always wonder wtf are ppl thinking when they turn their Backs on Michael? its hard enough being in the spotlight all the time, but add "backstabbing ppl. and lairs" to the equation, It's Freaking HELL!

I appreciate Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Manilli, and some of Michael's close personal friends. Isn't it sad say those names? Liz and Liza Manilli? They're not regular ppl. They're famous starts like Michael and I bet it was sooo hard to have a normal life with out having everyday ppl. in his life.:no:

I hope he has found peace in heaven!:mello::yes:

BS. There wasn't nothing wrong with Mikes thinking.

I need to do post - its on my wall, mabey I want forget so much.

Yes Exactly. See what the Media is doing?:ranting It would be fine if they talked about it normally. But to hear them Talk in a God Awful horrifying ways about the "post it" that was supposedly found in the bedroom, It was the most disrespectful and Ignorant way to paint this beautiful Man! They dont have a story so they focuse on something that is totally innocent!

The society IS JUST MESSED UP! It is now "wired" for a father to sleep in the same bed with a daughter. or vice versa. WTF?:blink: I used to sleep with my mom and dad all the time, I even slept in my dad's friends house(bed) ones when i was tired. IT's NOT Wired, ITS LOVE! which I dont think anybody conciders it anymore.

Isnt it sad, even when i said (bed) at first i did a take back and then felt ashamed because this is what the Media(Society) is doing to us. Making us feel ashamed of very innocent things. Its Messed up Y'all!!

What has the world come to? Michael was a medicine to this world but they destryed him. God will give them what they diserve. Think that they are on top now? no, No they're not, Michael is. God took him because he wants to show the world that they cant pick on him anymore, show them that he loves him.

Love,
Romi

well this can be taken in several ways.

And we have a WINNER!

I was merely posing a question, I realize we do not know if this is true. I talked to a mental health professional today and asked their opinion and they said that this was to them indictive of a mental health probllem.
Not saying whether it is true or not but all I can say is I trust Karen Faye and 1 in four of us will have mental health issues in our lives. It would not be at all suprising if poor Michael sleeping problem was caused by anxiety- I know I've been there. People take sedatives for a reason. There is no shame in taking stuff you need for a physical OR mental problem.
This idea of mine is not any media bull it's just my view. Not disrespect intended.
I miss Michael so much I want to explore ALL the factors that led to his death no matter how hard they may be.
Peacex

I was not saying the post it notes said anything about him being guilty. I saw them as proving his innocent mind btw.

I talked to a mental health professional today and asked their opinion and they said that this was to them indictive of a mental health probllem.

sorry but :swoon:... you need to connect me to this person... this would be the very first time I heard of someone diagnosing a mental health problem cuz of post its... I need to be clear about this persons education... NOONE REALLY PROFESSIONAL would really make such a suggestion well unless of cuz they want their five minutes (even if hopefully only with you lol)... if you want to look at it this way then someone not getting out of bed could be a indication of a mental health problem also (although this person could be also simply just tired). Someone not smiling about someone else making a lousy joke... could be an indication for a mental problem (although the person might only didn't hear the joke)... please please please believe me... someone doing such a 'diagnose' only on the suggestion that there were 20 post its on the walls and one with the remark mentioned should go back to University or collage and soon... because saying so to me is really more than questionable if it comes from someone working in the mental health field... well I'm not sure... but could be... maybe we do have a mental health problem here with someone taking themselves just toooooooooo overly important, self esteem, self confidence?! :giggle: ok don't take me serious on the last part cuz as you've might guessed rightfully already, I am a professional in the mental health field and I've learned better than that, really.
Oh and if you see that person again, could you hand this post please to them... at least they should have a chance to be reminded of what they've really studied (did they study at all?) once.

I'll give you an eternal rule which we were given in our very first reading at University: Never do believe someone giving a diagnose about someone whom they do not know in person. NEVER. Those ppl are more wannabees than they could ever be called professional.
Well my prof talked more about those guys on TV and such... but it's valid everywhere and with everyone I think. Very good rule.

Back