Book about Michael & his fans -"It's all about L.O.V.E." - Out now!

• Thread starter *Completly dry*
  • Start date

*Completly dry*

Guests
UPDATE:
1.) The Russian version of the book is out now!
2.) All revenues have been donated to Make-a-wish, all together an amazing 4548,92€!!! Thank you everyone!
Read more here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3143249&postcount=88

EDIT: As I don't seem to be able to edit the title, I would just quickly like to add here that the book is OUT NOW! More information can be found on page 3ff here or go to www.mjjbook.com.

Hm, I actually only wanted to update a thread I had posted about 6 weeks ago with Gary's permission, but it seems to be gone. Well, I guess this tragedy sent us all into chaos - I know that I still need time to sort things out and am still trying hard to get back to normal...somehow.

Anyway, I hope it's ok I post it again!
So let me quickly tell you what this is about: A few days before June 25th I posted a thread about an idea regarding a book about Michael and his relationship to his fans. Of course the last few weeks the project was on hold and we weren’t sure whether we should proceed. But that would have meant giving up. One of the greatest lessons we learned from Michael was determination, to believe and to never give up. On top of that we believe that we, as his fans, have to continue his legacy! Now more than ever! So we have decided to carry on this project and would like to ask you for your help!

A lot has been written about Michael Jackson! His musical genius has been analyzed, his life has been told in ever so many versions, his persona has created reactions from deep admiration to hate. But there’s one thing, one big topic that played such a huge role in Michael’s life and career but still has always been neglected: his relationship to his fans! This very special bond that existed between Michael and his fans around the world generated stories that have never been told before and shows a facet of Michael that the general public is not even aware of! These are stories that only we, his fans, can tell!

We are a group of fans which has gone a long way with Michael, from concerts to hotels to courtrooms. We have decided that it is time to share the joy of our fanship and the little anecdotes that show even more what a wonderful person Michael was!

But there is no way we can do that alone! What we have experienced is only such a little part of the whole picture so that we need help to paint it whole.

We would therefore like to ask you to help us collect all the little pieces we need for that! Do you have a special story to tell? We are looking for stories of fans who met Michael, who spoke to him, who got messages, who saw him live. But at the same time, we’re also interested in those stories where not everything turned out right, where fans missed their flight home or where they travelled somewhere just to find Michael was already gone. Being a fan and travelling around to be close to Michael was not only about actually seeing him, it was also about the fun with friends, the excitement, the “doing something unordinary”, the “being crazy”, the laughter, the tears, the ups and the downs, the emotions… That is what we’d like to capture!
We know that right now it hurts to recall personal, emotional memories yet at the same time we feel that it can help the healing process that we all must go through.

The best stories will make it into the book which will be released 2009/2010!
We also intend to send a copy to Michael’s family so that their picture of Michael will be enriched by the fan perspective and they will see how special and dear Michael was also to us.
Please send your stories and possible pictures you have taken to: story@mjjbook.com
The revenues will be given to charity in Michael’s name.
Deadline is September 15th 2009.
Please visit mjjbook.com for more infos.
Feel free to also email us with any kind of question you may have!

Last edited:
Re: Book about Michael & his fans

a very great idea.... wish u all the best.

good idea~~
i'm helping my friend to do the book about Michael
If you want, i can help you too^^

Sure, pauline, thx! Help is always needed! Just write me a PM so we can talk! :)

Aww that's great idea! Good luck with the project :)

Neat idea.

The relationship with Michael and his fans is a great one and for a book like this to ever be published would be a great read for non Jackson fans. An insight into our thoughts.

Soooooooo doing it!! For Michael and for the joy of writing again like I used to..a diary. Magical!!

I wish you good luck with this project..
great idea :yes: :clapping:

I will definately buy this! Good luck with it!

What group of fans is this? Germans, UK, or LA? The "followers" I know don't know about this project

People please write in, it will be wonderful! I have used my pen for the last 3 hours and oh my....oh my....really difficult as Michael gave me have so many memories. Which ones to choose, which is too long, or not that unusual? I am asking myself but nevertheless I want so badly to help show Michael for who he is. I feel this is why this all happened. It will serve its purpose. And I feel it is all special whether we met him or seen him and felt something beautiful. And I mean everyone could write their own story, as each one is unique. Can't wait to read yours!!!

I'm going to sit down with the who was once a stranger I went to L.A with and write out our story :)

Thanx guys, for the positive feedback! :)

What group of fans is this? Germans, UK, or LA? The "followers" I know don't know about this project

We're from Munich, Germany.

And I feel it is all special whether we met him or seen him and felt something beautiful.

Sooooo true!!! No matter how small your experience is, you've still been touched by that MJ-magic!

is there a stop gap for this book?x
You mean a deadline? You can send your stories in until Spetember 15th.

So keep them stories coming, guys! It will be wonderful! :)

Thats a nice idea.. good luck with everything!

That sounds great! Best of luck with your book project! :)

Ok, guys, just another few days until the deadline is reached!
Remember: September 15th!
So get your stuff together and send it to: story@mjjbook.com
We already have some really beautiful stories and pictures but of course can always use MORE! :)

Good luck with the book

i wish u all the best! :D

What a lovely idea! Good luck with it all. :)

this will be a must-read. good for you!

are you thinking of using those stories that get posted on here - the one from that blogger that wrote 'my brush with badness' and 'more musings on Michael', the one from the builder, the one from his driver 'baby you can drive my car', the one from the pr lady in the hotel in manila..etc. etc.? Those are some really nice stories.

True, they are phantastic - but we can not just use a story that was posted somewhere, the author has to give his ok. But maybe we can find some e-mail addresses to ask them, thanx for the suggestion! :)

Great idea, i wish you all the best and i'm sure you will have no problems getting stories here as i have read many great ones over the last few weeks especially from the courthouse fans. Good luck.

I have a question:

Exactly what charity is going to benefit from this book?

I highly recommend that the charity be an internationally well known and publicly supported by Michael.

I really would like to know this before I submit a story.

Back