'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

CherubimII

Proud Member
'Official Michael Jackson Opus' will pop with photos, tributes
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-08-11-jackson-opus_N.htm

By Elysa Gardner, USA TODAY
The first new book about Michael Jackson sanctioned by his estate will be published Dec. 7, and it promises to be as razzle-dazzling as the late pop icon himself.

Kraken Opus, whose opulent publications focus on major figures and brands in sports and the arts, begins accepting pre-orders today for The Official Michael Jackson Opus at michaeljacksonopus.com, michaeljackson.com and through Ticketmaster. The oversized, 400-page tribute will be driven by photos but also will include essays, illustrations and poetry, at least half of it exclusive — all handbound in leather and enclosed in a silk clamshell case.

Where other projects have been priced at more than $2,000, the Jackson book will cost $165. "Michael wanted this to be accessible to as many people as possible," says Kraken CEO Karl Fowler. Kraken reached out to Jackson last year through the singer's attorney Peter Lopez. "We wanted to tell the behind-the-scenes story of Michael Jackson the entertainer," Fowler says. The plan was to include Jackson's concerts at London's O2 Arena, which were set to start in July. While Jackson was in rehearsals, he invited Kraken executives to his house in Los Angeles. When Fowler mentioned they were working on a Disney Opus, Jackson reacted "like a boy in a sweet shop. He asked if he could contribute and get a copy." Lopez says Jackson was impressed by the Opuses' "sense of grandeur" and "expressed a definite desire to get on board." But Lopez and Kraken were still in negotiations when Jackson died June 25, which required the company to seek approval from his estate — and amend its strategy.
The chronicling of the London performances "will be sorely missed," Fowler says. "But everyone involved in that tour wants to take part."

Celebrities and insiders who knew and worked with Jackson also are expected to contribute. "We're asking people to write a sentence, a paragraph or a chapter," says Kraken's Jeff Wald. "We expect a huge turnout."

All books include Michael Jackson Opus Reality membership, which provides access to interactive footage with periodic updates.
Five copies signed by a variety of famous fans will be auctioned to benefit five charities favored by Jackson.

spacer.gif

Find this article at:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-08-11-jackson-opus_N.htm

Last edited:
Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus'(BooK) Will Pop With Photos, Tributes

$165.00! Damn.

$165.00! Damn.
Yea, a bit much; but it is suppose to be like a Book you keep
on your living room coffee table. By next year Amazon will have it
for a lot less, especially if you order a resale one.
I'm going to wait for a DVD of the "This Is It" Concert, instead. :fortuneteller:

Coffee table my butt if I paid that much for a book it'll be wrapped and preserved :rofl:

Ha, I think I'm tired, I read it "Michael Jackson Pop Up book" ugh. And having 2 toddlers...well $165 is a lot for a book that would more than likely end up as a coloring book! So maybe in 20 years or so

The book looks amazing. Maybe I will put this on my christmas list and hope somebody buys it for me haha.

Ha, I think I'm tired, I read it "Michael Jackson Pop Up book" ugh. And having 2 toddlers...well $165 is a lot for a book that would more than likely end up as a coloring book! So maybe in 20 years or so

:rofl: ok honestly I read it the first time as "pop up book" too :doh: and thinking the same thing we got rid of the coffee table to keep lil ones from getting hurt certainly not putting something that expensive in their path :lol:

$165?!!! Way to go to milk the fans!

Looks and sounds great but it's verrrrry expensive. Maybe some rich, kind man could buy it for me :giggle:

Expensive - but gorgeous!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/michael...jopus09_natl_spotlight &tm_link=tm_homeA_f2

£109 for the UK... theres also an OPUS shop in Covent Garden.... tried to view the gallery etc but it is requesting a log in. I have registered on the OPUS website but it still wont let me in. Have sent them an email to ask how I get to it...

o_O now I have another thing to put on my birthday list..xd :yes:

It's expensive but compared to other OPUS books, it's pretty cheap

The Prince one was about $900

the Jackson book will cost $165. "Michael wanted this to be accessible to as many people as possible
their having a laugh.

Just like Michael did with the concert tickets...he could have charged a lot more than £75 per ticket.

The book is cheaper than other Opus books. There was a Formula 1 Opus book for $40,000 !! And there was a Manchester United one for $6000-$8500.

And if you consider people who kept their ticket for £85 .. this is £20 more for a leather bound very special book. They probably would have charged a bit more for a limited number that had been signed by Michael.

Where other projects have been priced at more than $2,000, the Jackson book will cost $165. "Michael wanted this to be accessible to as many people as possible,"

Last edited:

Updated 5h 53m ago |

opusx-large.jpg

By Elysa Gardner, USA TODAY

The first new book about Michael Jackson sanctioned by his estate will be published Dec. 7, and it promises to be as razzle-dazzling as the late pop icon himself.

Kraken Opus (click here to go to their site)whose opulent publications focus on major figures and brands in sports and the arts, begins accepting pre-orders today for The Official Michael Jackson Opus at michaeljacksonopus.com, michaeljackson.com and through Ticketmaster. The oversized, 400-page tribute will be driven by photos but also will include essays, illustrations and poetry, at least half of it exclusive — all handbound in leather and enclosed in a silk clamshell case.

Where other projects have been priced at more than $2,000, the Jackson book will cost $165. "Michael wanted this to be accessible to as many people as possible," says Kraken CEO Karl Fowler.

Kraken reached out to Jackson last year through the singer's attorney Peter Lopez. "We wanted to tell the behind-the-scenes story of Michael Jackson the entertainer," Fowler says. The plan was to include Jackson's concerts at London's O2 Arena, which were set to start in July.

While Jackson was in rehearsals, he invited Kraken executives to his house in Los Angeles. When Fowler mentioned they were working on a Disney Opus, Jackson reacted "like a boy in a sweet shop. He asked if he could contribute and get a copy."

Lopez says Jackson was impressed by the Opuses' "sense of grandeur" and "expressed a definite desire to get on board." But Lopez and Kraken were still in negotiations when Jackson died June 25, which required the company to seek approval from his estate — and amend its strategy.

The chronicling of the London performances "will be sorely missed," Fowler says. "But everyone involved in that tour wants to take part."

Celebrities and insiders who knew and worked with Jackson also are expected to contribute. "We're asking people to write a sentence, a paragraph or a chapter," says Kraken's Jeff Wald. "We expect a huge turnout."

All books include Michael Jackson Opus Reality membership (wenn ich das richtig verstehe, war Michael dort Mitglied - anm.), which provides access to interactive footage with periodic updates.

Five copies signed by a variety of famous fans will be auctioned to benefit five charities favored by Jackson.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-08-11-jackson-opus_N.htm?csp=34

Last edited:
Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus' will pop with photos, tributes

That sounds great, thanks for posting :) Yeah just in time for Christmas.

yasssssss looks awesome

Woah, that looks friggin beautiful!

EDIT: Can't see it on michaeljackson.com though :unsure:

Oh, I am sooo buying this!

Is this book something Michael was working on to release, his idea? Is there messages from michael in this book and handwritings etc ?

Wow very cool thing!

Its expensive too, but i think i will get it.

It says 165$ only for a limited time, does somebody know how long they will sell it for that price??I can't find any info!

You mean the price is going to go up? I never noticed it said that. eeep!
It says 165$ only for a limited time, does somebody know how long they will sell it for that price??I can't find any info!

I just preordered it. Says it will def be delivered by Christmas day and shipping is £16.50 because it will be delivered by DHL couriers, and you'll get a tracking number on dispatch. :)

Back