Lionel Richie says his younger daughter and Paris have become best friends

awww i haven't seen it yet but if this is true than thats cute. Paris doesn't have to worry about someone being her friend to suck up to her because Lionel Richies daughter also lives in the light etc.

I know your question is rhetorical; but people who have no sense is the answer lol.

Whaat? I can't watch the vid right now but what did he say?

He didn't say anything bad..

He said he sees the pictures of him singing at the memorial but all he remembers is Mother Katherine's face and that singing to Katherine and the brothers without Michael was unnumbing.

The interviewer asked if it unnerved him to hear about what happened and Lionel said it doesn't matter if it was 1 pill, 5 pills or 8 pills, the time to have paid attention was when he was alive, the time to have taken the reigns was when he was alive.

Then he said Paris and his daughter Sophie have become best friends.
MJ and Lionel had been trying to get them together and they were supposed to have a playdate that saturday the week MJ died
But Sophie and Paris met and have been inseparable ever since.

I thought it was nice and what he said was true.

Aaww that's so sweet and nice to read. I really like Nicole Richie too. She's turned her life around so much the past few years and is a great mommy...

Lionel needs to STOP taking pills because pills did not kill Michael.

Dr. Murray (with the help of others) did kill Michael.

He didn't say anything bad..

He said he sees the pictures of him singing at the memorial but all he remembers is Mother Katherine's face and that singing to Katherine and the brothers without Michael was unnumbing.

The interviewer asked if it unnerved him to hear about what happened and Lionel said it doesn't matter if it was 1 pill, 5 pills or 8 pills, the time to have paid attention was when he was alive, the time to have taken the reigns was when he was alive.

Then he said Paris and his daughter Sophie have become best friends.
MJ and Lionel had been trying to get them together and they were supposed to have a playdate that saturday the week MJ died
But Sophie and Paris met and have been inseparable ever since.

I thought it was nice and what he said was true.

Aw, that's really cute.
Nice to see her making friends! I'm sure she'll have/she has a lot. :)
My prayers are always with them. :heart:

Look, just want to clear something up because I actually watched the whole segment on TV tonight.

AH asked Lionel how he felt about the way it ended for Michael in reference to what killed him. It's no secret now what killed Michael.

Lionel said that it doesn't matter how many pills or whatever because all that matters is that he is gone. Lionel said that we should have paid attention to Michael while he was still alive, instead of now that he was gone.

I felt that the pills comment was more of a generalization of what led to Michael's death, but Lionel was more concerned that Michael did not get see and feel how much the world really did love him before he died and that's why he is so sad.

Let's not turn on Lionel now!

Oh yes - absolutely. I just hope that Mike, Jr. & Blanket have a friend that can understand them that way too.

I believe Lionel has a son too that might be around Prince's age as well

Oh good. Me and the World really needed to know that his daughter is bf with Paris.

NOT!!!!
Dear celebs when doing interviews keep MJs babies names out your mouths. He never used them for publicity so try to refrain.
k...thnx

Haven't you been here long enough to know the only reason people come here is to bash, trash, and insult? :tease: :laugh:

Yah, it's pretty sad. No one here knows who to trust. :(

Really, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Lionel said. I, for one, am glad that Paris has a bff in Sophie. Lionel has known Michael since he was 11 years old and has been his good friend since then. He can tell Paris stories about Michael as a lil boy at Motown and on tour. . .:)

I have always liked Lionel. I enjoyed hearing him sing "Jesus is Love" at the memorial. I could sense his sadness.

I am glad he was able to share something sweet and that he shut down the reporter when she tried to steer the conversation toward negativity. We need to hear more from his true, intimate friends like Lionel.

Good job Lionel. I hope Sophie and Paris have lots of fun together.

Awww.... cute....

Both of them have superstars as a Daddy.... so I think they will understand each other very well. And I like Lionel- one of the few friends of Mike that never betrayed him...

I remembered the look on Lionel's face at the memorial when he sang Jesus, he looked like he was taking mike's death really hard. I couldn't believe he made through the entire song.

On another note Lionel daughter looks just as white as paris but no one talks about that. I guess it's cause he is more light skin than MJ or whatever.

um....haseveryone totally MISUNDERSTOOD what the hell lionel was saying?

it doesn't matter how mj died...the time to be his friend and to support him was NOT NOW> it was when he was alive. brooke? hell i spoke to mj more recently than she had....it was all fake. everyone loves him now but no one was there for him when they needed him.

that's what homie meant. and i'd rather hear positive stuff about the kids then which doc is the father this week:doh:

Look, just want to clear something up because I actually watched the whole segment on TV tonight.

AH asked Lionel how he felt about the way it ended for Michael in reference to what killed him. It's no secret now what killed Michael.

Lionel said that it doesn't matter how many pills or whatever because all that matters is that he is gone. Lionel said that we should have paid attention to Michael while he was still alive, instead of now that he was gone.

I felt that the pills comment was more of a generalization of what led to Michael's death, but Lionel was more concerned that Michael did not get see and feel how much the world really did love him before he died and that's why he is so sad.

Let's not turn on Lionel now!

Lionel, needs to shut up. Dr. Murray killed Michael Jackson not the pills.

Michael would not like anyone talking about his kids and I hope that everyone stop taking their names. If they are friends the world do not need to know. Michael was so private about his kids now everyone wants to talk about them. No disrespect to Lionel, but no more about Paris..

Originally Posted by shimar

preaching it.

Haven't you been here long enough to know the only reason people come here is to bash, trash, and insult? :tease: :laugh:
You hit the nail right on the head..lol, it's sad but true..

Yah, it's pretty sad. No one here knows who to trust. :(

Really, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Lionel said. I, for one, am glad that Paris has a bff in Sophie. Lionel has known Michael since he was 11 years old and has been his good friend since then. He can tell Paris stories about Michael as a lil boy at Motown and on tour. . .:)
I agree, I am sure he can tell the kids how their dad use to play practical jokes on all of them and stuff like that..
I think he was just letting the world know that MJ's kids have a big "family" (MJ's celebrity "true" friends) helping them get through this, and sometimes kids will tell other kids stuff that they wldn't tell an adult, and Sophie may be that kids. Aren't there alot of male cousins in the house and no females that are Paris's age? So Sophie is someone she can discuss "girlie" stuff with..lol.. Stuff that "icky" boys wldn't understand.. I know you all remember the saying
Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice and boys are made from spiders and toads (um forgot how the last part goes, lol.. but u get the idea)

I have always liked Lionel. I enjoyed hearing him sing "Jesus is Love" at the memorial. I could sense his sadness.

I am glad he was able to share something sweet and that he shut down the reporter when she tried to steer the conversation toward negativity. We need to hear more from his true, intimate friends like Lionel.

Good job Lionel. I hope Sophie and Paris have lots of fun together.
I so agree

oh talk about misunderstanding every thingand anything....lawd hammercy unless it's spelled out completely some will run w/ it.

lionel was a friend to mj up till the day he died.....brooke? not so much. it doesn't matter that u were here NOW, where u there THEN?

now it's kewl to be mj's friend or his fan....where were u when he needed u? that's what he's saying.

it doesn't matter how he died...the end result is still the same.

Back