PDA

View Full Version : Lionel Richie says his younger daughter and Paris have become best friends

Trennyboo
18-09-2009, 02:01 AM
This is a clip from "Access Hollywood" where Lionel Richie says that Paris and his younger daughter were supposed to meet for a play date before Michael passed. And now they've met and are this best of friends. This made me feel good.http://www.accesshollywood.com/inside-lionel-richies-touching-tribute-to-michael-jackson_video_1158353

Oceangirl
18-09-2009, 02:26 AM
no comment

dori727
18-09-2009, 02:38 AM
awww i haven't seen it yet but if this is true than thats cute. Paris doesn't have to worry about someone being her friend to suck up to her because Lionel Richies daughter also lives in the light etc.

sweetbabyxsj
18-09-2009, 02:39 AM
his younger daugher looks cute and always smile. very cute girl. who said MJ's kids have no friend?!

bluetopez
18-09-2009, 02:41 AM
I like lionel but....Pills lionel? Really? WTF!

Arty
18-09-2009, 02:44 AM
no comment

Why?;-)

MJJ:G.O.A.T
18-09-2009, 02:48 AM
his younger daugher looks cute and always smile. very cute girl. who said MJ's kids have no friend?!

I know your question is rhetorical; but people who have no sense is the answer lol.

I like lionel but....Pills lionel? Really? WTF!

Whaat? I can't watch the vid right now but what did he say?

*MissChanel*
18-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Very sweet.

micaro7
18-09-2009, 03:02 AM
I know your question is rhetorical; but people who have no sense is the answer lol.

Whaat? I can't watch the vid right now but what did he say?

He didn't say anything bad..

He said he sees the pictures of him singing at the memorial but all he remembers is Mother Katherine's face and that singing to Katherine and the brothers without Michael was unnumbing.

The interviewer asked if it unnerved him to hear about what happened and Lionel said it doesn't matter if it was 1 pill, 5 pills or 8 pills, the time to have paid attention was when he was alive, the time to have taken the reigns was when he was alive.

Then he said Paris and his daughter Sophie have become best friends.
MJ and Lionel had been trying to get them together and they were supposed to have a playdate that saturday the week MJ died
But Sophie and Paris met and have been inseparable ever since.

I thought it was nice and what he said was true.

WhatAboutYesterday
18-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Aaww that's so sweet and nice to read. I really like Nicole Richie too. She's turned her life around so much the past few years and is a great mommy...

kes1984
18-09-2009, 03:05 AM
that's nice!

shimar
18-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Lionel needs to STOP taking pills because pills did not kill Michael.

Dr. Murray (with the help of others) did kill Michael.

He didn't say anything bad..

He said he sees the pictures of him singing at the memorial but all he remembers is Mother Katherine's face and that singing to Katherine and the brothers without Michael was unnumbing.

The interviewer asked if it unnerved him to hear about what happened and Lionel said it doesn't matter if it was 1 pill, 5 pills or 8 pills, the time to have paid attention was when he was alive, the time to have taken the reigns was when he was alive.

Then he said Paris and his daughter Sophie have become best friends.
MJ and Lionel had been trying to get them together and they were supposed to have a playdate that saturday the week MJ died
But Sophie and Paris met and have been inseparable ever since.

I thought it was nice and what he said was true.

Courtney
18-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Aw, that's really cute.
Nice to see her making friends! I'm sure she'll have/she has a lot. :)
My prayers are always with them. :heart:

xXMJJXx
18-09-2009, 03:16 AM

yes I agree
but I thought it was very sweet that his daughter and Paris are friends

elmari
18-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Look, just want to clear something up because I actually watched the whole segment on TV tonight.

AH asked Lionel how he felt about the way it ended for Michael in reference to what killed him. It's no secret now what killed Michael.

Lionel said that it doesn't matter how many pills or whatever because all that matters is that he is gone. Lionel said that we should have paid attention to Michael while he was still alive, instead of now that he was gone.

I felt that the pills comment was more of a generalization of what led to Michael's death, but Lionel was more concerned that Michael did not get see and feel how much the world really did love him before he died and that's why he is so sad.

Let's not turn on Lionel now!

shimar
18-09-2009, 03:20 AM
yes I agree
but I thought it was very sweet that his daughter and Paris are friends

Oh yes - absolutely. I just hope that Mike, Jr. & Blanket have a friend that can understand them that way too.

aka
18-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Oh yes - absolutely. I just hope that Mike, Jr. & Blanket have a friend that can understand them that way too.

I believe Lionel has a son too that might be around Prince's age as well

LuvsMJwithoutcompromise
18-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Oh good. Me and the World really needed to know that his daughter is bf with Paris.

NOT!!!!
Dear celebs when doing interviews keep MJs babies names out your mouths. He never used them for publicity so try to refrain.
k...thnx

DuranDuran
18-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Haven't you been here long enough to know the only reason people come here is to bash, trash, and insult? :tease: :laugh:

elmari
18-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Haven't you been here long enough to know the only reason people come here is to bash, trash, and insult? :tease: :laugh:

Yah, it's pretty sad. No one here knows who to trust. :(

Really, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Lionel said. I, for one, am glad that Paris has a bff in Sophie. Lionel has known Michael since he was 11 years old and has been his good friend since then. He can tell Paris stories about Michael as a lil boy at Motown and on tour. . .:)

OldSchoolMJFan
18-09-2009, 03:47 AM
I have always liked Lionel. I enjoyed hearing him sing "Jesus is Love" at the memorial. I could sense his sadness.

I am glad he was able to share something sweet and that he shut down the reporter when she tried to steer the conversation toward negativity. We need to hear more from his true, intimate friends like Lionel.

Good job Lionel. I hope Sophie and Paris have lots of fun together.

MySerenity5
18-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Awww.... cute....

Both of them have superstars as a Daddy.... so I think they will understand each other very well. And I like Lionel- one of the few friends of Mike that never betrayed him...

music65
18-09-2009, 04:05 AM
I remembered the look on Lionel's face at the memorial when he sang Jesus, he looked like he was taking mike's death really hard. I couldn't believe he made through the entire song.

On another note Lionel daughter looks just as white as paris but no one talks about that. I guess it's cause he is more light skin than MJ or whatever.

Soso Deaf
18-09-2009, 04:14 AM

um....haseveryone totally MISUNDERSTOOD what the hell lionel was saying?

it doesn't matter how mj died...the time to be his friend and to support him was NOT NOW> it was when he was alive. brooke? hell i spoke to mj more recently than she had....it was all fake. everyone loves him now but no one was there for him when they needed him.

that's what homie meant. and i'd rather hear positive stuff about the kids then which doc is the father this week:doh:

drea97
18-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Look, just want to clear something up because I actually watched the whole segment on TV tonight.

AH asked Lionel how he felt about the way it ended for Michael in reference to what killed him. It's no secret now what killed Michael.

Lionel said that it doesn't matter how many pills or whatever because all that matters is that he is gone. Lionel said that we should have paid attention to Michael while he was still alive, instead of now that he was gone.

I felt that the pills comment was more of a generalization of what led to Michael's death, but Lionel was more concerned that Michael did not get see and feel how much the world really did love him before he died and that's why he is so sad.

Lionel, needs to shut up. Dr. Murray killed Michael Jackson not the pills.

parli123
18-09-2009, 04:21 AM
Michael would not like anyone talking about his kids and I hope that everyone stop taking their names. If they are friends the world do not need to know. Michael was so private about his kids now everyone wants to talk about them. No disrespect to Lionel, but no more about Paris..

drea97
18-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by shimar http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/grunge/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2217253#post2217253)

preaching it.

#1MJstan
18-09-2009, 04:36 AM
You hit the nail right on the head..lol, it's sad but true..

Yah, it's pretty sad. No one here knows who to trust. :(

Really, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Lionel said. I, for one, am glad that Paris has a bff in Sophie. Lionel has known Michael since he was 11 years old and has been his good friend since then. He can tell Paris stories about Michael as a lil boy at Motown and on tour. . .:)
I agree, I am sure he can tell the kids how their dad use to play practical jokes on all of them and stuff like that..
I think he was just letting the world know that MJ's kids have a big "family" (MJ's celebrity "true" friends) helping them get through this, and sometimes kids will tell other kids stuff that they wldn't tell an adult, and Sophie may be that kids. Aren't there alot of male cousins in the house and no females that are Paris's age? So Sophie is someone she can discuss "girlie" stuff with..lol.. Stuff that "icky" boys wldn't understand.. I know you all remember the saying
Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice and boys are made from spiders and toads (um forgot how the last part goes, lol.. but u get the idea)

I have always liked Lionel. I enjoyed hearing him sing "Jesus is Love" at the memorial. I could sense his sadness.

I am glad he was able to share something sweet and that he shut down the reporter when she tried to steer the conversation toward negativity. We need to hear more from his true, intimate friends like Lionel.

Good job Lionel. I hope Sophie and Paris have lots of fun together.
I so agree

AngieJ
18-09-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm glad they've become best friends.

Soso Deaf
18-09-2009, 05:18 AM
oh talk about misunderstanding every thingand anything....lawd hammercy unless it's spelled out completely some will run w/ it.

lionel was a friend to mj up till the day he died.....brooke? not so much. it doesn't matter that u were here NOW, where u there THEN?

now it's kewl to be mj's friend or his fan....where were u when he needed u? that's what he's saying.

it doesn't matter how he died...the end result is still the same.

#1MJstan
18-09-2009, 05:32 AM
oh talk about misunderstanding every thingand anything....lawd hammercy unless it's spelled out completely some will run w/ it.

lionel was a friend to mj up till the day he died.....brooke? not so much. it doesn't matter that u were here NOW, where u there THEN?

now it's kewl to be mj's friend or his fan....where were u when he needed u? that's what he's saying.

it doesn't matter how he died...the end result is still the same.

Some ppl will never get past the fact he mentioned "pill".. hopefully in due time they will come to understand what he meant

WhatAboutYesterday
18-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Some ppl will never get past the fact he mentioned "pill".. hopefully in due time they will come to understand what he meant

Yeah, hopefully. He didn't actually mean that pills killed him, but people are taking it the wrong way and getting angry over nothing. :rollseyes: I see absolutely nothing wrong with him mentioning that his daughter and Paris are good friends either... it's nice to know she has a girl her age to talk to. I don't see why he needs to "shut up."

#1MJstan
18-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Yeah, hopefully. He didn't actually mean that pills killed him, but people are taking it the wrong way and getting angry over nothing. :rollseyes: I see absolutely nothing wrong with him mentioning that his daughter and Paris are good friends either... it's nice to know she has a girl her age to talk to. I don't see why he needs to "shut up."

exactly!!!

potpot
18-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Wow it weird that they all quiet. lol

hilliver
18-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Lional is as straight as they come, no adgenda, was not a fairweather friend, and he is right. Pills is a general reference and is maybe more tactful a name than drugs.

I agree with what he says, no matter what substance caused his death, people who want to talk about what they say they knew now are saying it too late.

They should have lifted the secrecy when he was alive, I believe Michael would have got help if his issue - assuming he had one - had been public knowledge. He would have had the support and respect from us.

There is no shame attached to his problem, he was vulnerable, had genuine health and pain issues to deal with and a niave trust in people. It is the doctors and enablers that bear the shame.

xPrincessx
18-09-2009, 07:52 AM
i have to say some of you are VERY judgemental and quite ignorant in your answers. Lionel said NOTHING wrong but still some people still manage to bash and insult him Its sounds very familiar to what the world did to michael and not fair, you know how much it hurt michael, so don't do it to anyone else. In memory of Michael and what he stood for all this hate, and i will say its hate from some of you, is VERY ugly and i know for sure michael wouldn't like that. i'm sure i'm younger than most of you and its a shame i have to tell some of you to grow up and let go of the hate, its not healthy

marajade
18-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I fail to see anything wrong with Lionel said. He didn't bash or insult Michael. I am also glad that Paris and his daughter have become friends.

It's strange to see even a positive speech like that could get such negative reactions here. I know Michael has been betrayed by many so called friends but not everybody is/was an enemy of Michael. Some people genuinely liked him/loved him, (still contiune to love him) and stood by him. It seems like Lionel is one of them.

Pez
18-09-2009, 08:30 AM
:o that's net Paris and Nicole! :lol:

zizousama
18-09-2009, 08:36 AM
i have to say some of you are VERY judgemental and quite ignorant in your answers. Lionel said NOTHING wrong but still some people still manage to bash and insult him Its sounds very familiar to what the world did to michael and not fair, you know how much it hurt michael, so don't do it to anyone else. In memory of Michael and what he stood for all this hate, and i will say its hate from some of you, is VERY ugly and i know for sure michael wouldn't like that. i'm sure i'm younger than most of you and its a shame i have to tell some of you to grow up and let go of the hate, its not healthy

Well said. Thank you! I also am bewildered by some of the fans of Michael. They are so sensitive when it comes to MJ and so insensitive about others. They would get furious if someone mocked MJ's looks or behavior and point out how ugly and inhuman this is and at the same time make fun of everyone and bash everyone!!!!!!!!! If you don't want it on yourself and those whom you love, don't do it to others!

MJJLaugh
18-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Well said. Thank you! I also am bewildered by some of the fans of Michael. They are so sensitive when it comes to MJ and so insensitive about others. They would get furious if someone mocked MJ's looks or behavior and point out how ugly and inhuman this is and at the same time make fun of everyone and bash everyone!!!!!!!!! If you don't want it on yourself and those whom you love, don't do it to others!

Amen to that!
I'm happy for Paris that she and Sophie are friends, she can really use a friend, especially now.
I believe the pill thing was a general reference and not to be taken literally. The point he was trying to make is that the people around MJ should have done something or showed they cared in whatever way when he was alive. It is about making a difference when MJ was alive.

mjjmsc
18-09-2009, 10:31 AM
i don't know,if you look at his older daughter...Michael wants his kids not spoiled and just having a normal childhood!

sunnyday81
18-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't understand... Lionel said NOTHING wrong?? :huh:
Why some people repeatedly attack and judge every single thing without giving it much thought first? MJ fans should know better than that... it's just sad...

Anyway, I'm glad Paris has a new friend! We have the same name too, Sophia! lol

mjsgirl4eva
18-09-2009, 12:34 PM
that's awsome that paris and his daughter are friends

froggytuff
18-09-2009, 01:06 PM
froggytuff......likes this idea........

Paris bff Sophia....................cool

There'll be more friends and more memories to come, sweet girls.......

Soso Deaf
18-09-2009, 08:50 PM
thank u

try reading the whole thing before u complain

Emerald
19-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Lionel seems to be a nice man. :)

Soso Deaf
19-09-2009, 04:18 AM
i don't know,if you look at his older daughter...Michael wants his kids not spoiled and just having a normal childhood!
nicole had to learn her lesson. u can be told but u'll never know until u experience urself. she is now a great mother and has two beautiful children.

in fact, in a show of solidarity to her father, she complained that brenda(his ex) was so spoiled and required so much money for nothing. she said she didnt wan ther sister growingup likethat. so nicole isn't spoiled. she works for her money

MissAlxC
19-09-2009, 01:59 PM

I kinda agree with you. I feel like Sophia is growing up too fast. She's always hanging out with her sister and her sister's friends, she attends fancy events.. and she's just 10-11 years old. She should be home, playing. I'm just saying.. I hope I'm wrong though.

comet1
19-09-2009, 02:44 PM
miss alxc that event sophia was attending was an event for her dad, nicole also went.. and of course shes gonna hang out with her sister.. come on.

sophia looks like a lovely girl

iwrite2
19-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I love Lionel...My mom made me a fan (since I was a wee youngin) and I'm apart of one of his fan clubs. He sincerely mourns MJ.

I took the pill comment as a generalization too. I think that some times people love to just fight/argue for something...That can either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Honestly, Lionel has been thru the ringer himself in his personal life and media-wise and he gives a lot of good advice out, especially to his children. I can't see him being intentionally malicious. He's genuinely a sweet guy.

Soso Deaf
19-09-2009, 04:09 PM
i thinkhe knows, by what happened to nicole, what not to do now.

*MissChanel*
19-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Lionel seems like one of the very rare decent people left in show business. He just seems down to earth and loyal, that's the impression I get.

mjsohot
19-09-2009, 04:53 PM
that was a nice interview, thanks for posting.:)