• Don't Walk Away

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

The Moonwalker

Proud Member
Hey guys,

Just a quick question as I find this quite interesting (and depressing at the same time haha) Which song out of 'She's Out Of My Life' and 'Don't Walk Away' do you think is Michael's ultimate break up song?

Or do you have another song in mind?

For me it has to be 'Don't Walk Away', gets me every time :(

Anywho, just wondering :)

Voted Don't walk away, much more mature in my opinion, mor realistic, less teenage love, and most of all, he's talking to the girl instead of talking to someone else about the girl.

My ex like 7 weeks ago left me for another guy :( We'd been going out for 13 months! I'm a lot better now.. Michael helped me through it! :)

-Don't Walk Away
-She's Out Of My Life
-Heaven Can Wait
-You Are Not Alone
-One Day In Your Life
-I'll Be There
-Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
-Why (with 3T)
-Never Can Say Goodbye
-When You Wish Upon A Star.
-You Were There

All of those! Wow just naming them all brings up some memories :(

Thank you so much Michael :wub:

Don't Walk Away!

Easy win. But I also like Gonetoosoon's list. Hope you will be fine!

She's Out Of My Life demo version soooo emotional

Definitely She's Out Of My Life.

When I listen to this song, I have one memory.

I don't think I've ever told anybody about this before, but I guess it's okay. I was just a kid.

It may sound cheesy now, but back in 1988 I really liked this girl in my class named Heather. She also rode on my school bus with me.

I thought we were officially boyfriend/girlfriend. She always flirted with me and I likewise. For example, I was a paperboy at the time and I delivered to her house everyday and when I'd ride by on my bike and throw the newspaper on her doorstep, she'd always smile and wave and say "Hiiiiii David!!!" or sometimes "Hey there Davey Crockett!" lol (that was a petname she made up for me at the time)

Anyway...I was lovestruck for this girl....big time. And she even at one point called me her boyfriend. :D

But then one day on the bus ride back home from school, she was flirting with another boy and ignored me for no reason. I was a little kid, but I felt like my heart was shattered. :)

Immediately when I got home, I went back to my room, fighting back the tears all the way.

I didn't know what to do with these feelings, so naturally I popped in some Michael Jackson because that AWAYS made me feel good.

Well it just so happened that I put in my Off The Wall cassette tape and what song was it on?

You guessed it. lol

She's Out Of My Life. Yup.

Listening to that song that lovelorn afternoon was a cathartic experience for me. As I listened to it, I felt like it was really what I needed to hear. If MICHAEL understood the way I was feeling, then I was going to be okay lol

Listening to that song that afternoon is forever burned into my memory. Each and every time I hear it to this day, I think of that afternoon of heartbreak and I think about how when I listened to Michael, it really helped make everything better.

I moved on from that girl and went on with my life and eventually went head over heels for another girl in my class (the prettiest girl in my class...Amy) after we changed seating arrangements and she ended up sitting right next to me. :)

Anyway, long story short....I guess it's already too late for that though, isn't it? lol That was 21+years ago and I don't know what Heather or Amy ended up doing, but I'm now married to my beautiful wife Chelsie and we're going on 10+ years strong with 2 of the best daughters any daddy could ever ask for. :)

Great song. Definitely the best break-up/heartbreak song for any guy who's an MJ fan. At least that's my opinion from personal experience.

:)

Thanks, Gonetosoon. I'm glad too....soooo glad. My wife and kids are great. I don't know what I'd do without them.

It's so hard to choose..you can listen to many, and find comfort in many of his songs...

Dont walk away is beautiful, You are not alone (i find a lot of comfort in that whenever i feel down, alone etc.), I'll be there, Ben, She's out of my life the demo version, is BEAUTIFUL! There are soo many :) He has so much comfort for everything in his songs :heart:

Ooo so hard. She's Out Of My Life and Don't Walk Away are both lovely but I voted Don't Walk Away. It's such a beautiful ballad and Michael's vocals are flawless. And I just love the song. It's amazing and a little sad too.

Don't Walk Away. That song is sooooo beautiful and great to listen to when you just broke up with someone or your heart is broken over something else. I so love that song! Michael's vocals are breathtaking.

Voted Don't walk away, much more mature in my opinion, mor realistic, less teenage love, and most of all, he's talking to the girl instead of talking to someone else about the girl.

As much as I love She's Out of My Life, I voted DWA for this same reason.

"She's out of my life" I really don't like "Don't walk away" all that much to begin with.

Oops, I made a mistake. Clicked SOOML without looking at the other options.
Then, saw Don't Walk Away only after this page got refreshed.
So, actually I choose Don't Walk Away over SOOML.
The melody-more touching,
the vocal delivery-more effective,
the lyrics-more, um...kinda down-to-earth and relatable.
You know, SOOML sounds a lot more for musicals cuz it goes for more dramatic elements and I don't care for musical tunes much.

And I'd add Cheater. Of course, the song can be interpreted in different ways, like, it's about these sharks and snakes in the industry trying to take advantage of him. But the 1st impression said it's about the bitter end between the man and the cheater who showed her true colors as nothing but a gold-digger.
I like your answer.

Back