Kurt Cobain on Michael jackson

What a random thing to ask Nirvana...I don't they really cared either way.

I loved Kurt's earlier quote though "they're all smiling....and vomiting...and having fun" :lol:

I think Michael liked Nirvana. in the house raid pictures you seen in Michaels room the Nirvana album cover of Nevermind and a nirvana CD I don't find it strange at all that both would like each others music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTxBMg1rnQE

Someone made a mashup of Nirvana & Michael Jackson
'Smells Like Billie Jean"

Jeeze youtube needs to update their servers, it never loads now cus so many ppl use youtube.

Last edited:

The mash up is awesome! Love Nirvanna. And Michael, goes without saying.

The mash up is awesome! Love Nirvanna. And Michael, goes without saying.

yea.. I think it's awesome too. i remeber when i first heard about this (smells like billie jean) seemed like alot of ppl 'dogged' it but I think it's cool, shows how two extremes can come together on time & beat through music...

Thanks for posting, I´ve always wished to see an interview of them talking about MJ because all of this stuff that they took Michael off the top of parades at some point at 90 decade, but they didn´t speak anything about it. But I liked a lot what they said (what I could understand)
Due to that I´d like to know if some kind soul could transcribe the most important points of this interview so that I can understand it well.. that´s a little difficult for me cause it´s not my born language and some expressions I just don´t know :/

thanks for the link I'm a big fan of Nirvana as well
it was a little weird but a lot of what they said was true
OMG thats so cool
I cant find it does anyone have the link?
Edit: found it its unbelievably awesome!

Last edited:
I was too young to even understand much about Nirvana and Kurt Cobain when he was alive but over the years since he passed ive grown to truly respect Kurt. He was a genouis who left too soon. Michael is in good company and I hope him and our dear Michael are partying and mj's teaching him to moonwalk. that smells like billie jean is Awesome!!! whoever though of that was brillant! love it! :)

I was too young to even understand much about Nirvana and Kurt Cobain when he was alive but over the years since he passed ive grown to truly respect Kurt. He was a genouis who left too soon. Michael is in good company and I hope him and our dear Michael are partying and mj's teaching him to moonwalk. that smells like billie jean is Awesome!!! whoever though of that was brillant! love it! :)

Same here. My sister is 9 years older than me and we shared a room together when I was about 7 and she plastered Punk/Grunge Rock posters all over our walls. We shared bunkbeds and I was on the top and I just remember the ginormous Kurt Cobain poster on the ceiling, inches from my face when I went to sleep every night, LoL. =P

i love kurt cobain,its weird to see he and mike were linked in a way,i wonder if they personally knew each other.

btw,i always have a crush on those who" live fast and die young".lengendary geniuses seems always in company with tragedy and mystery
one of my fave is river phoenix-off the topic im afraid lol

I know a lot of MJ fans who are also fans of Nirvana..it's probably because in my country people generallly listen to a lot of hard rock.
I didn't like Nirvana back in the 90's when I was a teenager.. I didn't like them until much later... since 2003 or something.

I think Michael liked Nirvana. in the house raid pictures you seen in Michaels room the Nirvana album cover of Nevermind and a nirvana CD I don't find it strange at all that both would like each others music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTxBMg1rnQE

Jeeze youtube needs to update their servers, it never loads now cus so many ppl use youtube.
oh yeah! Michael was into all kinds of music, music is music.

I know a lot of MJ fans who are also fans of Nirvana..it's probably because in my country people generallly listen to a lot of hard rock.
I didn't like Nirvana back in the 90's when I was a teenager.. I didn't like them until much later... since 2003 or something.

But thats not news, i love all music, if you like music, you cant ignore good music, you just cant.

awesome. I love Kurt Cobain / Nrivana.... & Courtney's band, Hole as well. Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

& of course, daughter Frances is into fashion ; was interning for Stella McCartney but thats old news as someone made clear. Very smart and very pretty girl! And has some tattoos one of whch is dedicated to dad, kurt

I remember reading somewhere how Kurt loved REM. One of the reasons why was because they knew how corrupt the music industry was and somehow they were able to deal with it (I can't remember how), and Kurt felt like REM understood what he was feeling about the music business. (

Go Kurt!! After MJ's passing, I can't believe that its been about 15 years since the great Kurt Cobain has passed... why do the good people have to go so soon??

Thanks for posting! I love Nirvana, my brother was a big fan so we listened to them a lot!
Kurt Cobain and Michael- gone too soon. :(

Last edited:
Back