Do you feel like you are close to Michael?

Amber Dawn

Proud Member
I've never had the chance to meet this wonderful human being. So unfortunately in a technical way I'm not "close" to him at all. However watching someone practically grow up in front of your eyes from a little boy to a grown man. And then listening to all his personal thoughts and feelings via song and poem it really makes me feel like I actually knew him. It makes me feel like I'm that much closer to him and more apart of his life.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Yes. I feel like that too. I watched Michael throughout all of his career, from his first recordings with The Jackson Five until he was taken from us in June this year. I felt I knew him and now he is gone I still feel close to him.

yes. ever since i can remember michael has been there in my life and i think about him every day.

Absolutely. I may not have felt like I knew him the way I know my best friend, but over the years he really became "another part of me" and when he was taken from us, it felt like that part of me had left me forever. That's probably one reason why it's so difficult to handle the fact that he's no longer here, 'cause you have to learn to say goodbye to a person who not only was a genius artist, but also someone who was so instrumental in making you who you are as a person.

Yes! Even though i was born in the early 90's and wasnt around when Michael was growing from a child into a man. From the age where i've been able to understand his music & really understand him, i've felt close to him. Through listening to his music & speeches and seeing interviews (catching up on what i missed when i wasnt on this earth!) i feel as though i know him. Plus, when you listen to his music practically every day of yuor life & think about him everyday, its hard to NOT feel close to Michael. Which is why when he left us in June, a piece of me really did die with him. I miss him so much.
But i know that he is watching over all of us, which still makes me feel close to him. Besides, i'm still listening to his music everyday now that he's no longer with us on earth which proves, he will never leave me & will always feel close...in my heart. ♥

Michael was and will always be,the best i have in me.

The day Michael isn't close to me,is the day i died for sure.

Michael is still and will be as long as live,very much alive in my heart,and deep in my soul.

Yes.

yet, no words can explain how close I feel to him.

compare to some fans 20 years isn't long at all. but i have respected, admired, and loved michael for 20 years.
and for just as long I've had to defend him to haters. I have always found it difficult when there was a joke, a parody, a snide remark, and always took what was targeted towards MJ as personal.
I am so sadden that he is physically gone... but his work, his message, his life, his love will live on. I know many tried to destroy him but in the end that will never happen.

only a remarkable soul can leave such a void in all of us by his untimely departure. it isn't merely because we miss what he gave us with his God given talent but because of who he is/was and what he represents.

Yes. I hope you guys don't think I am a weirdo but I feel like I was in love with him. He's the only guy I ever wanted. I am heartbroken that he died.

Yes, I feel like I am very close to him. In fact I remind myself of him both mentally and even physically at times. He is my mentor :D

very much. I am in love with Michael and I also feel he is my best friend :)

I feel like I know him, even though I don't really know him personally. He's just always there. He was a part of my happy childhood memories, so I feel like that part has kind of died away. I never expected to be so devastated by his death, but that is part of the reason why...he was part of my childhood. I only really know about him from what I've read and seen on the TV, and since I've learned such an extensive amount of info on him, it really feels like I do know him. But I've never met or seen him in person. I actually feel closer to him now in spirit, but I am a spiritual person. :)

I definitely feel the same way..I really feel though, that I can't explain how I feel about Michael..He's just such a special human being..I love him so much...I really wish I was able to meet him, but not just because he was a massive superstar, but I really wanted to just sit around and hang out with him...Watch a movie, watch tv..have lunch...Whatever..Just those everyday things...I would love to just have that type of friendship with him...So, yes, I feel very close to him...He was so great at expressing himself in every way possible..Through dance, music, poetry, and just talking in interviews...I really feel that I got to know him through those various ways...And, I know that all of you understand that...

he is so special and so amazingly gifted.. amazing human being

Oh yes...Micheal has always been a part of my life....I am also a long time fan..more than 3 decades.....he and his music have gotten me through MANY hard times in my life.....I feel a huge empty space inside me now that Michael use to fill....I just get so sad at times...:cry:.....I feel as though I have lost a member of my family....a big part of me died when Michael did....I feel I have lost a very important part of me....I dont expect people who dont know what I am talking about to understand what I am feeling...ya know family..friends....but....every day I keep moving on in hopes that each and everyday will get easier.....I dont know if I will ever get over such a great loss.

Yes i do, but more like family. I'm a big music fan and there is music of other artists that I love just as much as Michaels. But I have never admired anyone as much as a human being as I do Michael. I've grown up with him... not as long as some others on here, but 20 years feel pretty long to me.

I love him, but I'm not in love with him. I don't fancy him, although I think he's beautiful. To me it always felt more like a soulmate. I'm absolutely unable to see him in a sexual way, even though I think his songs and stage show could be sexy.

I guess I see him as conflicted as he was on and off stage...

Yes. I feel like that too. I watched Michael throughout all of his career, from his first recordings with The Jackson Five until he was taken from us in June this year. I felt I knew him and now he is gone I still feel close to him.

Ditto! Since MJ is my age, he was right alongside me growing up, through my teen years, 20's, 30's etc. We danced to J5 at our first preteen parties and I had my first kiss with MJ singing in background! Michael was always there.

I was a tomboy and used to hang out in trees - I always imagined building a tree fort with him and just hang out together. :wub:

Ive always always felt incredibly close to MJ, but now somedays i feel like i need to be closer, like i need to talk to him or i need to be able to give him a hug! But I do feel close to him, i feel like he's a part of me. I look to him for guidance and he brings out the best in me. Sometimes i believe he is watching over me :) and all of us.
xoxo

Yeah i was born in the 80's and i've loved him ever since i was 8 months old and i'll continue to love him he'll always be apart of me.

Yes I do :) even though I was born in 1988. Michael is a part of me.

i aboslutely agree with you. i have never met him, but in some way i feel like i know him. i dont know him personally, but i know what he believes in and what he stands for. he feels like my friend beacuse i know he would never let me down and he will always love me. i feel sad that i will never get to meet him, but at the same time i'm happy i get to know such a special man while he was alive.

Michael is a special part of me, he encompasses my life, my heart. I feel very close to him. I feel closer to him than most people. It's sad I will never meet him as I've dreamed of, but nothing can take away the love or the loyalty.

Yes. So much. It's a feeling that I've known for long but recently I was thinking about it more. I feel so close to him, like a friend who has always been there all my life. I can't imagine my life without Michael :wub:

I definitely feel the same way..I really feel though, that I can't explain how I feel about Michael..He's just such a special human being..I love him so much...I really wish I was able to meet him, but not just because he was a massive superstar, but I really wanted to just sit around and hang out with him...Watch a movie, watch tv..have lunch...Whatever..Just those everyday things...I would love to just have that type of friendship with him...So, yes, I feel very close to him...He was so great at expressing himself in every way possible..Through dance, music, poetry, and just talking in interviews...I really feel that I got to know him through those various ways...And, I know that all of you understand that...

I was gonna type the same thing.
I would have loved to be his close friend and definitly not because I wanted to be in the spotlight but just because I think he's a lovely person to hang out with.
I love him very much.

Back