Michael's sweet falsetto, or rough growl singing voice??

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I like his falsetto, but when he sings in his more rough voice, I am in awe as well...What do you guys think?

I love them both.
I loved in TII during "Human Nature" when he threw that growl in there.
Best of both worlds. :love:

lol at the "sweet falsetto"

I love 'em both it's like innocence and naughty-ness all in one man's voice :naughty:

Lately I'm in love with his lower tone, the manly speaking and singing voice..gives me chills

His speaking voice is soooo sultry...That's the first word that came to mind right about now...lol...I listen to Planet Earth just to hear his voice whispering in my ear....AND, I also love the spoken intro to IJCSLY, which I am in a dreamy sexy trance with him....

and yes, littlesparrow, best of both worlds in Human Nature...love it

Love 'em both as well. Love the way it suits the part of the song during the which he uses the falsetto or the rough voice. I mean, its not irritating as he chooses the right moments.

Last edited:
I love them both. To me, this is what sets Michael Jackson apart. That insane range he had. Never heard a vocalist that versatile. That's why he's the genius and amazing talent he is. You could be fooled into thinking some of his songs are duets. That's how great he was. Such a loss you are Michael. You left and took all that talent with you. To whom do we turn now for amazement and wonder?

oh too hard. I just love the, what i call sexy michael vocals. But then i love hearing him signing so sweetly, and beautifully :wub:

so yeh, too hard :p

Last edited:
Both, definitely! I love songs where he gets to alternate between both in different sections, like "History" and "Morphine" to name just two. Very dramatic and totally unique.

His angry screaming voice. That has and always will be my favorite Mj voice. the "I can't take it cause I'm lonely"

I love the fact that he's got so many voices!!! he's got a whole bunch of 'em. :wub:

That combined with the fact that his scratchy voices sound so much more amazing than anything anybody else has ever done with their voice is honestly the reason I consider him the most talented vocalist of all time.

I can't choose honestly! What I love about MJ's voice is that he's so diverse as a vocalist and I think he sounds great singing in both tones. I love his voice in say a song like "Rock With You" just as much as I love it in "Give In To Me". Two totally different tones, but awesome regardless. It's all great.

Love em both. And he had such a big, strong voice. Totally opposite to what some people make it out to be while imitating his so-called "high-pitched" voice:smilerolleyes: They do it to make fun of him and in such an exaggerated fashion, it makes me cringe.

Naturally he had a bit of husky tone. You can most clearly hear it in some of the songs during Jackson 5 and The Jacksons era. I love that voice color as well. He knew how to keep it silky when he felt he needed to depending on the type of song. And when he let his husky tone show, that's when what the threadstarter called "rough growl" comes out. Sexy.

his sweet falsetto does something to me, i get goosebumps but yeah i love them both, his voice is amazing!

I like both. His voice can be so different. That's incredible! Sometimes I listen to a song and think is it really Michael too? :scratch:

I think it depends on my mood, but either one can sway me one way or the other....:)

i cant choose. they both kill me.

with his rough voice, im like dang, what a beast!

and with his sweet falsetto, it's like im in heaven.

The manly speaking and singing voice Michael had OMG! just so sexy. It gives me butterflies...I just love him so much.

Both! His regular singing voice is just gorgeous, the voice of an angel. The deep, rough one is amazing as well...and so hot.

I love them both. Human Nature and 2000 watts give me chills, not to mention Will you be there in which he goes from deep low voice to angry to spoken soft voice. Untouchable.

I love them both. Human Nature and 2000 watts give me chills, not to mention Will you be there in which he goes from deep low voice to angry to spoken soft voice. Untouchable.

And, he switches voices so fluently, and naturally...he's amazing

i cant choose. they both kill me.

with his rough voice, im like dang, what a beast!

and with his sweet falsetto, it's like im in heaven.

I agree....that voice of his not matter how he sings is absolutely beautiful..!!!!

Back