The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Ok, not sure if there's a thread somewhere on this forum already, and please direct me to it if there is...lol

I have just read this recently after being a Michael fan for almost my whole life. I actually really liked it and I thought it was fairly accurate...There were a few things here and there that I didn't find believable...At times, Taraborelli made Michael seem EXTREMELY strange...I mean, Michael is different, but Taraborelli made him seem like right whacked out at times, and I found it hard to believe. There were also A LOT of errors in the book...For instance, Taraborelli states in one part of the book that Michael can't play piano, and in another part, that Michael CAN play...Also, he mentioned TWICE, that Blanket is VERY BLONDE....I'm like, WHAT??...Lots of grammatical errors, and I also found that the second part of the bookk, after the first allegations, a lot of information seemed muddied, seemed to be a lot of bullsh!t...

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. What do you guys think??

Is this the new version?

I haven't got that one yet. Hopefully I'll get it at Christmas.

Is this the new version?

I haven't got that one yet. Hopefully I'll get it at Christmas.

Yes it's the new version..I believe it was originally called The Magic and the Madness...

lol...I wouldn't say it's trash...but there are some questionable things in it..

anything that twat speaks of is questionable he speaks as if he and michael were good friends when they werent lol. he probabaly cant even tell you the last time he even spoke to him

anything that twat speaks of is questionable he speaks as if he and michael were good friends when they werent lol. he probabaly cant even tell you the last time he even spoke to him

I got that feeling too, that he thought himself a personal friend of michael's, when he sounded more like a pesky reporter...

The title alone says it all "the whole story". He doesn't know the whole story.

I read it but I have my own thoughts on it. The author by no means does know the "whole story". It's his whishful thinking. :smilerolleyes: And I would have expected that a second edition would have been revised concerning all those orthographic and grammatical mistakes. :scratch: In this regard it has a cheap connotation to me.

theres loads of threads on this already.where its been discussed 20 million times

I am no expert on MJ but I myself found quite a few inconsistencies while reading this enormous book. I wish I had taken notes because I forgot them all but the one that stands out for me is that the author barely mentions Brooke Shields and when he does he makes it seem as if Michael didn't want to go with her to the Grammys and that she was merely an annoying pest following along. But in various interviews MJ speaks very highly of Brooke and even professes his love for her in the Shmuley book. Just one example.

Still, I'm glad I read it.

....*shrugs and leaves thread in confusion*

I don't like that dude! all those people talking about they were friends with Mike....:mello:

Wish I could look them in the eye's and say "Why You Lying?'"

In the words of God and it applies here: [FONT=&quot] “I NEVER KNEW YOU, DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.” :clapping:[/FONT]

I am no expert on MJ but I myself found quite a few inconsistencies while reading this enormous book. I wish I had taken notes because I forgot them all but the one that stands out for me is that the author barely mentions Brooke Shields and when he does he makes it seem as if Michael didn't want to go with her to the Grammys and that she was merely an annoying pest following along. But in various interviews MJ speaks very highly of Brooke and even professes his love for her in the Shmuley book. Just one example.

Still, I'm glad I read it.

I noticed that as well...I wish I would have taken notes as well...lol...I thought it was a pretty good book, I found that Taraborelli seems to give Michael his props for his musical achievements...but really, only up to the Bad album....After that, he focuses more on media crap...He gave good props for the Invincible album though....It seemed that he really only knew Michael up until maybe the mid 80's and then it seemed like he had to start making some stuff up because he lost touch with Michael

Don't buy this book guys, your just making him rich. Download it instead if you really wanna read it. I can give you a link if you can't find it.

Don't buy this book guys, your just making him rich. Download it instead if you really wanna read it. I can give you a link if you can't find it.

I know jetzi has parts of it but not the whole book.. you know where one can read the whole book?

The title itself is a give-away that the book is full of sh1t...
that is "the whole story.." - impossible to write the whole story of MJ, because MJ's story is far from over !!

I've read the first edition - thought it was excellent and just ignored the writer's subjective opinions, and those of psychiatrists.

I am rather curious to read the 2004 edition as the first one was so good - but ends in 1991. Can anyone recommend the 2004 Magic and Madness book??

I didn't realize he had put out a new 'updated' version. I've only seen the original in shops which I didn't realize was from 2003 at the latest. It's so freaking long I've sort of left it on my floor atm... The 2009 version seems like a typical money grab... Is the newer version even worse...?

I really haven't fully read ANY MJ books. Still haven't finished Aphrodite Jones' book, but it's very very good IMO. But i've made one decision and i'll stick with it. Not read any books that haven't been written by MJ. Or that got 100% his approval. I just don't want to waste any second of my life and maybe reading nonsense crap. When you have 'Madness' in the title....for me that says enough.

I also MUCH rather read about the genius, the music, the creativity than about his personal life. It's not my business, and i already know the man is never gonna receive the credit he so much deserves for all the good deeds he's done to this rotten planet.
I have the book Moonwalk, because THAT is the man himself, his opinion,his view on things, his word.

if you want my advice on reliable books I think the books written by Michael, Katherine Jackson, Margaret Maldonado - MJ's ex sister-in-law who by the way loved Michael, Aphrodite Jones and even Latoya's second book are good to read. Latoya's book, the 2nd one, is not as outrageous as people make it out to be, it actually gets boring here and there lol but she gives a lot of insight on their family life and even MJ's life in his early 20's - the only "inaccurate" details in the book are about the family trying to kidnap her

I have R. Taborrelli's 2009 edition. I regret buying the book. IMO, he's too biased toward MJ. He claimed he and Michael were friends since childhood, but, most of his info is from other people. If he was the friend he claimed, and was in MJ's life on a regular basis, he would have more firsthand accounts; but it's not the case with R. Taborrelli. The info is mainly speculations, and rumors. The book is tabloidish.:no:
Now, Moonwalk, is an excellent read!!!:yes: MJ is sharing his heart, being candid and open about his life. The book is a very interesting, easy, short read packed with info and great pics-also MJ's gold signature is on the front of the book!!!(remove cover) It's a treasure!!!:wub:
LaToya's book-Is so very funny and revealing!!! You won't be able to put it down!!!
Jackson Family Values is VERY shocking, and explosive!!! Another book you won't be able to put down!!!

Back