The first glove?

Jabz

Proud Member
I've always heard MJ started wearing the glove on the Triumph tour but never saw any images of it, though I'm sure there are some I just haven't looked to hard. I happened to come across this video with him wearing it, anyone else got footage of this show?

He roooocksss!!
Good one, I loved it!

I wonder how many gloves Michael had got during His whole life??

Couldnt watch video but I was just thinking this the other day when I saw a picture of him backstage with the glove on before the Thriller years. How did it come about in the first place?

There is an old closed thread & troubleman84 said 'He's been wearing the glove on stage since 1979. It wasn't until 1983 until the glove became a "trademark". He hardly wore one glove onstage during his Motown phase. Back then, Motown didn't allow their artists to use trademarks unless they had full creative control (Marvin had the wooly, Stevie had the beret and medallion). Michael wanted to wear the derby at one time as his trademark, then he wore a few psychedelic-inspired hats (he even sported a Jimi Hendrix-styled headband during an early J5 performance). He wore a beret on the cover of "Got to Be There" but he wasn't allowed to wear it onstage. So after he got his control at Epic, he decided to choose wardrobe that'll make him stand out and it was the glove and fedora that made him stand out for sure.'
(sorry I dont know how to quote from another thread)

Here is a picture from the Destiny tour I think in 79'
004.jpg

Back