They Don't Care About Us Video - Brazil version

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Ok, I just needed to express how AMAZING this song AND video is..Especially with Olodum...I love the way Michael incorporated the drums with the song...So powerful....I really think this part is amazing, Michael sounds and looks incredible and this part makes me crazy...Check out 1:51-1:53...SO COOL!! Of course the rest of the video is just as amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Lqm4Jq0e0

I like near the end when the drummers keep drumming and Michael just keeps on dancing. He looks really hot in both versions of TDCAU. :)

OOOh ya, he does...That particular part in the video though.....It just does something to me, ya know??

I've watched it a few times recently and I get the impression that the more obvious displays of vertiligo, more so than other short films anyway, is a message that corresponds with the song.

I love the part in the long version of the video after the main song is over and it's just the drums with MJ screaming. Really nice video!

I love the part in the long version of the video after the main song is over and it's just the drums with MJ screaming. Really nice video!

Ya, that's the best part!! So intense! Yet another reason why Michael was a total genius!

I've watched it a few times recently and I get the impression that the more obvious displays of vertiligo, more so than other short films anyway, is a message that corresponds with the song.

You're probably right...

I love this song and these vids so very much. It's a terrible shame the best parts - the ending of the Brazil version and the entire prison version didn't get any proper air time back when they were launched OR now. They are such powerful statements. 'My boy' Spike sure did his job well in directing them both.

I really love the energy of the people, the Olodum beat and the intensity of the ending of the Brazil version. I remember many years ago i was going to school or something and i saw this guy on the metro wearing an Olodum t-shirt just like Michael's in the vid. I was sooo tempted to go and ask him where he had it from, but i didn't lol.

I also gotta be honest (no offense to you Ash, my friend, but i gotta keep it real) - if i had to choose between the two i would go for the prison version probably because the political dimension is much clearer. Actually, from my point of view the ideal TDCAU video is made up of the prison version with the Brazil ending lol, but since no one did that editing, from what i know of, at least....

I know this thread is dedicated to the amazing Brazil version, but please allow me to also post a link to the powerhouse which IS the prison version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97nAvTVeR6o

Ain't even gonna go comment on how great Michael looked in both of them cause it's an axiom. Who was it that had that great siggy with the google search for sexy and 'did you mean Michael Jackson?' :D

amazign video!
in 1996 my friend went to Brazil and all i asked her was the Olodum t-shirt, the white one. I have it untill this day :p

The energy on this vid is amaaazing! Michael seems so comfortable*-*
Michael was contaminated by the Brazilian energy which, modesty aside, is great ;)

Just to illustrate this thread..... :wild:

Michael was delighted with the energy of Brazil:

digitalizar0017j.jpg

:wild: :punk: :wub:

The energy on this vid is amaaazing! Michael seems so comfortable*-*
Michael was contaminated by the Brazilian energy which, modesty aside, is great ;)

wow you actually live there!!! whats that like???

are there drummers on the street very often??

xxx

I love this video. The audio of it is what I have on my iPod instead of the album version :)

031.jpg

028.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

047.jpg

065.jpg

064.jpg

061.jpg

I love this song and these vids so very much. It's a terrible shame the best parts - the ending of the Brazil version and the entire prison version didn't get any proper air time back when they were launched OR now. They are such powerful statements. 'My boy' Spike sure did his job well in directing them both.

I really love the energy of the people, the Olodum beat and the intensity of the ending of the Brazil version. I remember many years ago i was going to school or something and i saw this guy on the metro wearing an Olodum t-shirt just like Michael's in the vid. I was sooo tempted to go and ask him where he had it from, but i didn't lol.

I also gotta be honest (no offense to you Ash, my friend, but i gotta keep it real) - if i had to choose between the two i would go for the prison version probably because the political dimension is much clearer. Actually, from my point of view the ideal TDCAU video is made up of the prison version with the Brazil ending lol, but since no one did that editing, from what i know of, at least....

I know this thread is dedicated to the amazing Brazil version, but please allow me to also post a link to the powerhouse which IS the prison version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97nAvTVeR6o

Ain't even gonna go comment on how great Michael looked in both of them cause it's an axiom. Who was it that had that great siggy with the google search for sexy and 'did you mean Michael Jackson?' :D
Now that I saw your post. :(

Well, Michael recorded in Brazil that he loved my country and perhaps was also a way to honor the Brazilian fans and my country. :yes: Michael loved to Brazil when he was here in 3 times. :yes: :wub:

But he made 2 versions to please all fans and everyone will be happy. lol! :wild: :D

Now that I saw your post. :(

Well, Michael recorded in Brazil that he loved my country and perhaps was also a way to honor the Brazilian fans and my country. :yes: Michael loved to Brazil when he was here in 3 times. :yes: :wub:

But he made 2 versions to please all fans and everyone will be happy. lol! :wild: :D

Oh Ash, I was afraid you were going to say something like this. As I said, i LOVE the version done in your country; i would imagine the energy of the people and all that love they showered Michael with must have been a humbling and exciting experience for him. I am sure that indeed Michael wanted to honor your country and your people, both of which are truly beautiful, but call it 'professional interest' on my part - all things political and social interest me very much.

Although Michael is one of the people in the Brazilian version, the prison version makes the message of the song even louder - by becoming one of the inmates he identifies himself with the victims of prejudice, ignorance and abuse.

Also, he does a sort of exorcising of the 'dreams' of some, as he did in Moonwalker or Ghosts - he 'manifests' on screen the fantasies of those who wanted to either see him in jail or with his reputation in ruins. Thankfully, that's all there ever was to it - only brilliant pieces of art and nothing more.

Thanks to both you and NinaB for them gorgeous pics - the man was on fyiaaah; those two on the balcony, although mighty foine, they do make ya fear for him and wonder how he kept from falling. Something tells me his bodyguards weren't too pleased to see him do that lol, but the slave to the rhythm that he was...dareangel MJ, as always, i guess :lol:

Back