ever wanted to talk to a long term experienced fan,nows your chance

moonstreet

Guests
hey everone, this is something I started on another forum, which unfortunatly I couldnt continue. This is for those who are new to the MJ fan community to hear first hand stories from those who have been part of the fan community for many years. Many long term members of this site have amamzing stories, from those who have been to concerts and seen Michael in real life, to those who became amautar legal experts during the trial and tirelessly researched legal documents and transcripts for the benifit of the fan community.

Have you seen something on youtube and wondered what it was like to be there? Is there something about Michael you have always wondered about but thought too silly to ask someone?

Most likely there will be someone here who can answer that for you :)

so to start things rolling.....

about my signature down there vvvvvvvvvvvvv

The Neverland BOY ON THE MOON logo, is because on Monday April 4th 2005, I was privialged to be invited into Neverland and along with the other fans there, for THE DAY OF THE ROSES OF LOVE project, spent a magical few hours inside Neverland with Michael and his family.

The photo of the Invincible cd signing is becuse I was there, Wednesday November 7, 2001, Virgin Megastore, Times Square, New York.

I've been a fan since I was 11, and the closest I got to meet Michael was an online chat about Invincible. That was really great, because my question actually got answered :D Why the different colors of the Invincible covers. And MJ answered it was for the fans so they could have fun swapping it and stuff. He also said if he liked an album, he would buy it 5 times, and if the album had another cover, he would buy it 5 more times! :D

I would love to hear all your MJ stories, fans who actually met Michael :) it would be like almost experiencing it yourself. I have read such stories in the past and have always loved them! :D

What I often hear about MJ is that he is very funny and loves to laugh. Do any of you have such stories??

XXX Femke

This is an awesome thread already! Thank you for making it :D

Did you actually get something signed by Michael at the signing and if so, what? How long did you have to wait to get in there? Did you get to say anything to him if you did get up there?? Was it a total madhouse? It LOOKED it from the footage :p

:cry: :cry: I've been a fan for years and I never met him... :cry:

awww, but Im sure you have many other stories to tell, like what it was like being part of the excitement of the TII press conference for example.

aww moonstreet what was neverland like i would of loved to have been there where its peaceful and best of all in michaels loving care

Neverland was a beautiful magical place, where for a few short hours you could escape all the problems of the outside world. A rainbow of love was shining that day, dreams came true and we were able to forget just why we were all in California. You can see some of that day on a documentry called CAMP MICHAEL JACKSON. This was a programme made about the fans who were in Santa Maria to support Michael.

I've been a fan since I was 11, and the closest I got to meet Michael was an online chat about Invincible. That was really great, because my question actually got answered :D Why the different colors of the Invincible covers. And MJ answered it was for the fans so they could have fun swapping it and stuff. He also said if he liked an album, he would buy it 5 times, and if the album had another cover, he would buy it 5 more times! :D

I would love to hear all your MJ stories, fans who actually met Michael :) it would be like almost experiencing it yourself. I have read such stories in the past and have always loved them! :D

What I often hear about MJ is that he is very funny and loves to laugh. Do any of you have such stories??

XXX Femke

See thats what I mean, just cos you havent travelled to see Michael or might not have been to a concert, you still have stories to share. Im sure there will be members here who never knew about the INVINCIBLE cd covers. thanks:D

Outside hotel, we always tried to get his attention and to make him laugh and smile.

This is an awesome thread already! Thank you for making it :D

Did you actually get something signed by Michael at the signing and if so, what? How long did you have to wait to get in there? Did you get to say anything to him if you did get up there?? Was it a total madhouse? It LOOKED it from the footage :p

Yes I did get an Invincible cd signed. That was the only thing you were allowed to get signed. Everyone had to buy a cd before they let you into the store.
We had to queue up on the street outside the store first. I joined the queue at around 7pm the night before, yes we spend the night on the street outside the store, wrapped in sleeping bags!! In the morning, at around 7am, they gave out numbered cloakroom tickets. Only 500 people got these tickets. Then at 8am, everyone with a cloakroom ticket one by one was allowed into the store to buy a cd and was then given a laminated numbered pass on a neckchain, mine was number 155. We then had to go back onto the street and requeue.
At around 10am, we were allowed into the store. As everyone entered the store, they checked our passes and punched a hole in it to show we had been checked. We then had to line up in single file around the store. Michael arrived around 1pm, I think and then we just had to wait till it was our turn. For most of the time we couldnt see him, as he was sitting at a desk on the lower level infront of the escalators.
When it was finally my turn, the security told me to take the book out of the cd cover and hand it to them. Then the put it on the table for Michael to sign. When I walked up to the table I made sure to talk to him and spend as much time as possible with him. That part of my story I like to keep private :) It was really quick though and security pulled me away from him, and I almost forgot to take the autograph. For me, getting an autograph wasnt important, I just wanted to talk to him. I wasnt shown on the live broadcast which is now on dvd and on youtube and Im glad. It means that my time with Michael is private and very few people know what he said to me.

Last edited:
wow Moonstreet, you have had amazing experiences! Congratulations. :)
how was it being with Michael at Neverland? Thats the top of everything i bet...being at that magical place and WITH Michael! OMG.
That Roses of Love project was beautiful i remember, i took also part in it (just from far far away home..lol)

Thank you for this :) How many fans where at Neverland on that day April 4? How did fans get invited to be there? How amazingly special :wub: Thank you moonstreet xx

I wish that I could have been invited to Neverland. I can Imagine how fun it was. :cry: I hate the fact because of some very bad people, that I will never meet Mike ever.

I was never lucky enough for any of this kind of stuff. The only time I ever really truly felt like I contributed was some of the stuff I sent to fans in Cali to take up to the ranch during the trial.... and doing phone convos with folks outside the courthouse and relaying it on MJNO... ha and jacking up my cell bill the day the verdicts were read because I had to text notify like 50 people on MJNO that were in the middle of work to let them know that they had reached the verdicts and were on the way to be read in court :p

You all have WAY better stories ;)

^That is actually REALLY awesome! Your question got answered! :woohoo: Interesting answers he gave too :D

Yes I did get an Invincible cd signed. That was the only thing you were allowed to get signed. Everyone had to buy a cd before they let you into the store.
We had to queue up on the street outside the store first. I joined the queue at around 7pm the night before, yes we spend the night on the street outside the store, wrapped in sleeping bags!! In the morning, at around 7am, they gave out numbered cloakroom tickets. Only 500 people got these tickets. Then at 8am, everyone with a cloakroom ticket one by one was allowed into the store to buy a cd and was then given a laminated numbered pass on a neckchain, mine was number 155. We then had to go back onto the street and requeue.
At around 10am, we were allowed into the store. As everyone entered the store, they checked our passes and punched a hole in it to show we had been checked. We then had to line up in single file around the store. Michael arrived around 1pm, I think and then we just had to wait till it was our turn. For most of the time we couldnt see him, as he was sitting at a desk on the lower level infront of the escalators.
When it was finally my turn, the security told me to take the book out of the cd cover and hand it to them. Then the put it on the table for Michael to sign. When I walked up to the table I made sure to talk to him and spend as much time as possible with him. That part of my story I like to keep private :) It was really quick though and security pulled me away from him, and I almost forgot to take the autograph. For me, getting an autograph wasnt important, I just wanted to talk to him. I wasnt shown on the live broadcast which is now on dvd and on youtube and Im glad. It means that my time with Michael is private and very few people know what he said to me.

I had a feeling you waited a LONG time to get in there. How amazing! By the time it was all over you were probably tired, had to pee, hungry, but had this amazing experience to show for it all.
And I really really respect how you keep what was said between you and Michael. I wish more people were like that. :hug:

wow Moonstreet, you have had amazing experiences! Congratulations. :)
how was it being with Michael at Neverland? Thats the top of everything i bet...being at that magical place and WITH Michael! OMG.
That Roses of Love project was beautiful i remember, i took also part in it (just from far far away home..lol)

aww thanks. Being with Michael in Neverland was amazing. Something I always dreamed of but never dared to hope would happen. THE ROSES OF LOVE PROJECT was something very special and those of us there that day were there becuase of you and all the other fans supporting Michael from afar.

For those who dont know what the ROSES OF LOVE project was, it was a project organised by the fans in Santa Maria. The majority of fans who supported Michael were not able to travle to Santa Marie. The fans in Sanat marie opened a paypal acoount, so that all the fans around around the world could sent a rose to Michael. this is a video of the project made by one of the organisers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBWPTosq7U

and hey Agnes, you have had some amazing experiences too :) Berlin

Thank you for this :) How many fans where at Neverland on that day April 4? How did fans get invited to be there? How amazingly special :wub: Thank you moonstreet xx

see the video above. We never even dremed we would be invited in that day. All we wanted to do was to make Michael smile and to let him see that many many fans all over the world loved and supported him, not just those he saw in Santa Marie. It was a spur of the moment, totally unplanned invation. We were all about to leave when security got a phone call and told us to stay. Michael just decided to invite us in as he was soo over whelmed by the gifts of the roses.

I get really mixed feelings when I read stories like this, I am really happy for the person that experienced those things but then feel sad that I never did.
I will put that down to not trying hard enough though and live with the what if I only thoughts... But I have kids I couldn't possibly just jump on flights to here there and everywhere. But I have had the experience of 7 concerts, WMA's The conference and plenty of times seeing Michael at hotels, but I never met him. :(
But I cant and I won't complain at that because I am blessed to have had the experiences I have had. Memories. :wub:

I get really mixed feelings when I read stories like this, I am really happy for the person that experienced those things but then feel sad that I never did.
I will put that down to not trying hard enough though and live with the what if I only thoughts... But I have kids I couldn't possibly just jump on flights to here there and everywhere. But I have had the experience of 7 concerts, WMA's The conference and plenty of times seeing Michael at hotels, but I never met him. :(
But I cant and I won't complain at that because I am blessed to have had the experiences I have had. Memories. :wub:
((((((hugs))))
we all have the what if and why didnt I.....
you have some amazing stories too, 7 concerts wow, thats more than I have, which ones did you go to? Whats it like being from barriar at a concert, something I never experienced.........

I always love the Rose of love project. The first time I watched the clip,I actually cried. So beautiful,that's why I love MJ's fans

Can you tell us more about Michael's expression when he received those roses :D<

Thanks in advance

((((((hugs))))
we all have the what if and why didnt I.....
you have some amazing stories too, 7 concerts wow, thats more than I have, which ones did you go to? Whats it like being from barriar at a concert, something I never experienced.........

Bad. :wub:
Dangerous
History x 4

Oops 6 concerts all Wembley except 1 History concert which was in Paris.
Also had Ostend booked the one that was cancelled and couldnt get back for the re scheduled date.

Was front row for one History concert, yeah it was amazing but wasnt right in the center so had to stretch my neck looking down. :lol:

HUGS ty :hug:

One thing that really bothers me, Obviously I didnt think it would be when it was and thought there was many many years left with Michael. :cry:
But I always said I would attend his funeral/memorial and I didn't it just wasn't possible. With having kids.. but I will regret it always. I feel like I have let him down for that. Sorry Michael.. :no:

I always love the Rose of love project. The first time I watched the clip,I actually cried. So beautiful,that's why I love MJ's fans

Can you tell us more about Michael's expression when he received those roses :D<

Thanks in advance

He was soo shocked but in a good way. Im sure he was expecting fans to be at Neverland, cos there was fans there everyday, but he had no idea about the roses. It was arranged in secret with the help of his staff and security. All we wanted to do was to help him forget for a few hours what was happening in Santa Maria and let him know that we cared. When we were in Neverland, it felt soo right, like we were in a snowglobe, in our own world of happyness and love. You could see the difference in Michael, he was smilling and happy and at ease, very different to the person at the court everyday.

Bad. :wub:
Dangerous
History x 4

Oops 6 concerts all Wembley except 1 History concert which was in Paris.
Also had Ostend booked the one that was cancelled and couldnt get back for the re scheduled date.

Was front row for one History concert, yeah it was amazing but wasnt right in the center so had to stretch my neck looking down. :lol:

HUGS ty :hug:

One thing that really bothers me, Obviously I didnt think it would be when it was and thought there was many many years left with Michael. :cry:
But I always said I would attend his funeral/memorial and I didn't it just wasn't possible. With having kids.. but I will regret it always. I feel like I have let him down for that. Sorry Michael.. :no:

dont ever feel that you let him down by not being in Staples Centre. Many things were going on in my head that day, but the one thing I felt, was that I wasnt just me sitting there, that I was carrying all the love and support of all those who couldnt be there. Just like in Santa Marie, those of us actaully there were representing all the fans all over the world who couldnt be there. Michael knew that soo many out there cared and loved him, not just those he saw on a regualar basis.

^^ I also wish that Me and My dad (a long time Michael fan) could have been in Santa Monica to support MJ doing that trial but my heath problems prevented that. Cause we would be there if it was possible.

awww, but Im sure you have many other stories to tell, like what it was like being part of the excitement of the TII press conference for example.

Yeah, I have countless memories and stories. :wub::wub: Big ones and little ones.

OMG I wish It was me ….
Only HIStory Tour and I could be the YANA girl since she was standing infront of me :( For the Dangerous tour I couldn’t go in I was just a child 10 years old … but I bought a lot of MJ things there. :D

Aww, great thread moonstreet! :)
I never saw Michael live either.. ( :( ) but I like to read the stories of who did..

Great thread, so come on, i want a full essay of your day in neverland with every detail, how you got there? what you seen? did you go on any of the rides? where you talking to Michael on your own?

Hey Moonstreet! :hug: Great thread.

I've been a fan since 1987 and I never met him either. :( Was pretty much face to face with him in March (but he didn't take my card :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :lol:) because he walked straight to where we were to greet us, but that was the closest I ever got. I guess it's partly my own fault though that I was never able to meet him, because I didn't follow him everywhere. I didn't want to. I went to his hotel and waited outside, but to me, once he left the hotel, that was "off limits". That was my personal rule. I would have felt like I'd be bothering him if I would have chased him around everywhere and I wanted to give him his privacy, even if other fans did follow him, but I guess everyone has to do what they think is right, and I personally just wouldn't have felt good about following him everywhere, so I didn't. And that way of course limited my chances of meeting him and seeing him...I was clear on that, but still. I have fond memories of seeing him at the hotels though and at concerts. I was in the front almost in all concerts I went to and in a second (well or almost front) row in one concert. I was between two people, behind them, so there was no heads in front of me, so it felt like being in the front row. The view was amazing. :wub:

XXX Femke

I remember that chat!!! I was glued the computer!! I think I submitted a question, but obviously I didn't get it answer...lol...I remember your question though, and I loved the answer! lol

Sadly, I never got to meet him or see him in concert either...:(

Agh...it's both amazing and painful to read these experiences. On the one side, it's heartwarming to hear what fans have done and how they got their special moments with Michael...:wub: but on the other side I just ache thinking how I never got to experience him in those ways and never will. :boohoo:

Agh...it's both amazing and painful to read these experiences. On the one side, it's heartwarming to hear what fans have done and how they got their special moments with Michael...:wub: but on the other side I just ache thinking how I never got to experience him in those ways and never will. :boohoo:

I was just about to post that....Shortly after Michael died, I was talking about it with my boyfriend, and I was telling him that it would have been a dream to see him live and that I was disappointed that I was never able to experience that...Michael had not come to Canada since '84 I believe, and I was 2 years old then...We weren't able to afford to see him live anywhere else in the world...But when I became a nurse, and finally making some decent money, I didn't care what it took...but then it all happened so fast and he was gone...I love reading these stories about those of you who have been able to see him live or, even better, actually meeting him....But, yes, at the same time, it's really hard to read because I get very emotional about it...Please, treasure that moment for the rest of your life!!

The rose of love project was so beautiful and in a time he needed love.

Hey Moonstreet! :hug: Great thread.

I've been a fan since 1987 and I never met him either. :( Was pretty much face to face with him in March (but he didn't take my card :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :lol:) because he walked straight to where we were to greet us, but that was the closest I ever got. I guess it's partly my own fault though that I was never able to meet him, because I didn't follow him everywhere. I didn't want to. I went to his hotel and waited outside, but to me, once he left the hotel, that was "off limits". That was my personal rule. I would have felt like I'd be bothering him if I would have chased him around everywhere and I wanted to give him his privacy, even if other fans did follow him, but I guess everyone has to do what they think is right, and I personally just wouldn't have felt good about following him everywhere, so I didn't. And that way of course limited my chances of meeting him and seeing him...I was clear on that, but still. I have fond memories of seeing him at the hotels though and at concerts. I was in the front almost in all concerts I went to and in a second (well or almost front) row in one concert. I was between two people, behind them, so there was no heads in front of me, so it felt like being in the front row. The view was amazing. :wub:

Wow you really had great seats at all the concerts. amazing.

Ohh I remember reading about that Rose Project...so lovely! And those chats, oh yeah...that was a chaos, can't remember much though 'cuz '01/'02 was a traumatic time for me 'nd I happen to have banned a lot of that time from my memory. Remember quite some of the '05 trial though, just couldn't concentrate at school these times...getting home as fast as I could and get up to date with everything, reading the fan reports...people thought I was nuts that time. :lol:

Anyway, I feel really sad and in someway 'guilty' for not been able to be at least at a concert or something. I mean..I'm 20 now and when he performed here I was too young and to travel to L.A. or anything couldn't do 'cuz of school and stuff....the last years I've been making plans to do something like that but never happened 'cause of important things that I had to take care of here. I feel sooooo bad about that now! You can't imagine! :cry: Always thought my time would come. Turns out I was wrong and now I can never do this again...ever. But even though I've never met or even been near him, I still feel connected.
That's just his magic I guess. :heart:

Thanks for telling all these lovely stories!

Wow you really had great seats at all the concerts. amazing.

No, they were not seats I bought a ticket to. It was all a result of "hard work and dedication"...and luck. :lol: I waited for HOURS in front of the stadium...with no food, nothing to drink, no toilets, no nothing...in the cold and rain and in the boiling sunshine...no matter what the weather was like, we just sat/stood in front of the gates and waited. And once you were let in to the stadium you RAN like your life would depend on it. Took a little bit of luck and "strategy" and the faster you could run, the better your chances were too I guess. And you "watched and learned". :lol: I had summer clothes on and no rain coat or umbrella with me and these flat shoes on at the very first MJ concert I went to during the Dangerous Tour...not a good choice. Because although it was summer it rained ALL DAY that day and it was freezing cold outside, so I was soaked and freezing my butt of all day which wasn't too nice. From that on I always took a windbreaker with me to the concerts because it would keep me warm and I would not get soaked in case it was cold and it rained. And I could wrap it around my waist if it was hot and while I was running. And I only have a plastic bag with me, so that I could sit on that and not directly on the ground...and also, with no bag you got in faster because they checked bags. And...I learned that I better wear running shoes. To be able to run faster, AND to protect my feet. :lol: Because when I had the flat shoes on, I almost fell the second I hit the stadium because the plastic cover they had put over the grass to protect it was SO slippery after the rain. And I tried a couple of times to run, but almost fell over every time, so then I just took off my shoes and ran aross the stadium with my shoes in my hands. :lol: That way I wasn't slipping and falling over the whole time and was able to run fast. I put the shoes on again once I was at the front. But...once the concert started and everyone was jumping up and down and everyone was squeezed into each other...I had everyone jumping ON my feet...and since the top of the shoes were open there was nothing there to protect my feet...so my feet were completely swollen and black, blue and purple after the concert and I could barely walk. I was so scared that I had broken every bone in my feet and I didn't dare to tell my parents about it because I knew they would never again allow me to go to a concert if they knew what happened to my feet. :lol: So I just suffered in silence until my feet were better. And decided to wear running shoes to the next concerts, which was a great decision. :lol:

So anyways...I always waited hours to get to the front. It was always extremely exhausting, but worth every second of it, once you saw MJ so close. Which is why I didn't mind doing it. I prefered that to seats. To me that was more fair because those who were really dedicated got to the front and not those who just had the most money. That's why I didn't like the O2 arrangement at all. Only those who could afford to buy a VIP ticket were able to get to the front and to me that SUCKED big time. :( I was really disappointed at that. :( I mean, at the press conference, I waited for hours too and I was at the very front there too. :yes: If you were willing to wait, you usually got to the front. Well, except in Munich 1999 when you only got to the front pit if you belonged to a fan club, which I thought was so unfair. :( Because I had been MJ's fan for 12 years by then, through thick and thin...and I waited from early morning at the stadium...but still I didn't get to the front only because I wasn't a member in a fan club (and the reason I never WAS a member was because I felt the fan clubs just ripped fans off...at least all the ones I had joined before, no matter how "official", always asked for so much money, but you never really got anything FOR that money, so I thought, FORGET IT, and never joined any of them)...So I was only able to get to the section following the front pit in Munich at MJ&Friends. :boohoo:

Back