What is the best book to get on MJ?

Mike P.

Proud Member
I'm looking for a good book on MJ to read but I dunno which one to get, and I want to make sure not to get one that includes biased opinions by the author.

The only book I own is Moonwalk.

Try his other book he wrote. It's beautiful.

It's called 'Dancing the Dream: Book of Poems and Reflections' by him.

As much as I'd love to get that one, I don't have the $300 or more that it usually sells for on amazon right now.

Does anyone know of any place where it can be found at a more affordable price?

As much as I'd love to get that one, I don't have the $300 or more that it usually sells for on amazon right now.

I got mine on amazon or ebay for pretty cheap... but I guess it would cost more now.
Then after a while I noticed the cover on mine was gonna fall off :(
Luckilly I was at this store called the Half Price Book Store (a mainly second hand bookstore) and I went to the music section and found moonwalk and Dancing the Dream for like $6 each. I already have moonwalk so I got DTD again...

lol, the point is- check any secondhand bookstores in your area or vintage stores with books. And keep an eye out on ebay and amazon. Sometimes there's a rare item that sells for cheap just cause ppl aren't online at a certain time :yes:

I got Dancing the dream book for around $40 australian dollars so It's around $30 US dollars. Just get the 2nd issue version from Amazon. The original cover version is very expensive. The 2nd edition and the original edition are exactly the same except for the front cover.

You should try The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story it's a good book and MJ recommended it himself I think;)

I think one of the best books to get is the Opus book. Which I have. But if you can't afford to get that book. Here is some others I think you should get:

Michael Jackson "The Man in the Mirror" 1958-2009 by Tim Hill
Michael Jackson For The Record 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded
Michael Jackson Platinum Edition Collector's Vault

There are other great MJ books besides those 3. But these to me are the best 3 to get. I have them and I just totally love them. Especially the 3rd one. Which is the one that you should really get. Here the customer's reviews on that awesome book:

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jacks...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

i have the ultimate collection one which is awesome i think

It has been re-published - so you can get it for list price on Amazon in the UK so you can get it cheap... and they will delivery worldwide..

Dancing the Dream

I have Dancing The Dream First Edition I recommend that and Michael Jackson:The Magic and The Madness

I think one of the best books to get is the Opus book. Which I have. But if you can't afford to get that book. Here is some others I think you should get:

Michael Jackson
"The Man in the Mirror" 1958-2009 by Tim Hill
Michael Jackson For The Record 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded
Michael Jackson Platinum Edition Collector's Vault

There are other great MJ books besides those 3. But these to me are the best 3 to get. I have them and I just totally love them. Especially the 3rd one. Which is the one that you should really get. Here the customer's reviews on that awesome book:

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jacks...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I got that one for a Christmas present! I've only glanced thru it
so far but I can hardly wait to sit down and read it right.

44402338.JPG

FIRST of all you should have HIS books -the one you own (Moonwalk) and Dancing the dream, which is just amazing, that`s a sin to buy other books if you don`t have this one :)

Dancing The Dream

Michael Jackson A Visual Documentry by Adrian Grant
a factual day by day, year account of Michaels life by a fan like us, reprinted and updated 5 times, most recently summer 2009. 100% approved by Michael

Conspiricy by Aphrodite Jones
an insiders factual account of the court in Santa Maria, based on authors notes from the court and actual court transcripts. approved by Tom Messerau

Redemption by Geraldine Hughes
an insiders factual account of the 1993 allagations

For The Record by Chris Cardman
factual information about Michaels music, with info about released, rare and unreleased songs

With out ANY doubt...Mr.Jackson would recommend:

Autobiographical Books:

Moonwalker by Michael Jackson (c) 1988

Dancing The Dream by Michael Jackson (c) 1992

Autobiographical CD: HIStory Past, Present, Future Book I

Those are who and what he has always been about..!

In my opinion:
As far as what others have wrote that I feel are pretty accurate THUS far:

Sequins & Shades: The Michael Jackson Reference Guide by Carol Terry (c) 1987

Michael Jackson Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones (c) 2007

Most others sensationalize for entertainment/$$$ purposes and really "do not" have a clue..!

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

This is so perfect...I got the Amazon Kindle for Christmas and I get all sorts of book for real cheap, and am able to download them onto my system for super cheap..I"m gonna get The Visual documentary and probably for the record...I wanted to get Conspiracy, but it's not available on the Kindle...I'll have to order it normally through Amazon...

Back