ginvid

Proud Member
Has any one seen this movie yet? What did you think of it?

I was hoping someone would make a thread about this

i saw it on monday.

IT WAS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :woohoo:
the story line was great and the special effect was awesome.

i think i want to see it again.

couldn't help think Mike would have loved that movie. haha

^ :(..

I think im going this weekend, if not the next. with family and some friends the 3d one. I've seen the trailer though. did you guys watched it in 3D? cause here we can watch ''normally'' as well

^ :(..

I think im going this weekend, if not the next. with family and some friends the 3d one. I've seen the trailer though. did you guys watched it in 3D? cause here we can watch ''normally'' as well

i watched it in 3D

oh it's fantastic. i'm sure you'll love it.
I knew it was gonna be a good movie... [i was waiting for this movie for awhile] but it blew my mind. :D

yea... it kind of reminded me of the footage of the Earth Song from TII at some point.... the beautiful nature of that movie....:wub:

makes me want to be an avatar myself lol

There is 2D but it's not worth it this movie is supposed to be watched in 3D :).

It was AMAZING!!! I just watched today.

I remember how disappointed I was when I watched Disney's Up in 2D because the 3D projector was broken :(.

I saw it in 3D as well. I could only see it in regular 3D; but, we liked it so much we are going again to see it in IMAX 3D.

Here in Brazil we are talking about much of this movie. They say the picture is perfect. I saw the trailer and really thought it was very beautiful, colorful and wonderful special effects. I'm very curious to watch.

I've seen the film twice already, both times in 3D. It's brilliant - it has a good storyline, the colours are so vivid, and the setting's just beautiful. It was a delight to watch from an artistic perspective :D I love films that get you involved in the action, and Avatar did this for me :) It was wonderful!

Yes, I will. :yes:

If this movie compete in any category at the Oscar, will have many chances to win. :wild:

I do not know but this film will be competing for the Oscar?

i think its too late im afraid for it to qualify:(

I was going to see it but then I heard it gets really political and almost turns into left-wing propaganda. I don't want that. If I want to see a political movie I'll see one marketed as such not one that leads me to believe it's just an action-adventure movie with great special effects. Can't I just for once have mindless entertainment without there being a left-wing agenda?

LOVED IT.

It was a beautiful film. The scenery was gorgeous. Stunning visuals!! And the action scenes are bad-ass!!

It's a piece of film and ALL films impart different messages to different minds. It gets political, the main character is a marine and there is a war. You can't escape the politics in that. This is James Cameron's film, and as with any film or piece of art, the maker's bias will come through - as will the viewers. You can't help what you see in it - it's the nature of expression. Different for all.

I wish Michael could have seen this. He would have loved it - MicHill it reminded me of earth song too!

Last edited:
got sick of seeing the trailer for this b4 seeing TII !

The Na'vi wear dreadlocks and African-style jewellery (Picture: 20th Century Fox) Avatar was a spectacle, I’ll grant you that. The film’s 230-million-dollar budget guaranteed extravagant and often beautiful 3D special effects. But as I left the cinema last night, I couldn’t help questioning the weird mind behind it all. Was it James Cameron’s intention to be so nauseatingly patronising? And how could the famously Left-wing director have failed to pick up on his film’s racist subtext?

I won’t spoil the plot, but here’s the basic set-up: a group of mercenary humans have colonised a faraway planet, called Pandora, in order to extract an enormously valuable mineral found there. Pandora’s “natives” – a race of tall, blue-skinned aliens called the Na’vi – live on an area of land which is set to be mined. They won’t relocate, so the humans attack. But the Na’vi aren’t your average extra-terrestrials. Blue skin aside, they’re essentially a childish pastiche of the “ethnic”, with recognisably human features.

They wear Maasai-style necklaces and beaded jewellery which Cameron has borrowed from tribal East Africa. Their long, dark hair is dreadlocked. Their clothes are apparently Amerindian. They are armed with bows and poisoned arrows, and wear facepaint into battle. The main Na’vi characters are voiced by four black actors: Zoë Saldaña, C. C. H. Pounder, Laz Alonso and Peter Mensah; as well as one Cherokee, Wes Studi. The evil humans, needless to say, are white, male and middle-aged. James Cameron has been very open about the politics behind Avatar.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/w...-a-stylish-film-marred-by-its-racist-subtext/

not sure why thats racist its only recreating society and the things that have gone. anyway this is from the right wing telegraph news paper

LOVED IT.

It was a beautiful film. The scenery was gorgeous. Stunning visuals!! And the action scenes are bad-ass!!

It's a piece of film and ALL films impart different messages to different minds. It gets political, the main character is a marine and there is a war. You can't escape the politics in that. This is James Cameron's film, and as with any film or piece of art, the maker's bias will come through - as will the viewers. You can't help what you see in it - it's the nature of expression. Different for all.

I wish Michael could have seen this. He would have loved it - MicHill it reminded me of earth song too!

i don't know how MJ would feel...i don't know if any of us know that..maybe he would, maybe not...but, i would hope i wouldn't be fooled into thinking a movie is something it's not...i like MJ's messages...but i know, pretty much beforehand, what he's saying, before he says it. i don't wanna be tricked...

Oh I was so hoping someone would make mention of this. When my friends and I (we are all black) were in the theater we couldn't help but notice things in it that were just so racially stereotypical. It kind of reminded me of 2012. Which was so racist and classist.

Though Avatar was heads and tails above 2012. Avatar tried to take those stereotypes and used them to kind of justify the existence of the NAvi. I hated when they called the Navi monkeys and savages who were dumb. But like it or not, that is how many view ethnic races. Especailly those who are culturally different.

Goddamn bloody amazing freaking genius masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know how MJ would feel...i don't know if any of us know that..maybe he would, maybe not...but, i would hope i wouldn't be fooled into thinking a movie is something it's not...i like MJ's messages...but i know, pretty much beforehand, what he's saying, before he says it. i don't wanna be tricked...

what...? umm not like he would have loved seeing the beautiful nature destroyed or anything...

have you seen the movie?

it was just the atmosphere of Pandora was BEAUTIFUL.
since mike loved nature i was just thinking he would have loved that movie.
and seeing the nature getting destroyed was similar to MJ's message in the Earth Song....

i think that might be also what StarSecret meant...

ughh..please pleaseee don't turn it into a discussion about racism of whatever? Please.

I saw the movie today and it was amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing, really! Genius work, it really was a masterpiece. I believe they will make a second one. I simply LOVED the movie, it was beautiful, the trees, everything!

I seen it today in 3d, looks beautiful with all the colors. Its a good movie too, its different.

I did love the movie tremendously. I hope more people go see it. My mom hates movie theaters and I really encouraged her to go see it. My aunt mad a surprise visit at her home and I made my aunt take my mom. My mom called be back to tell me it was everything a movie should be. So I am very happy she enjoyed it. (She said she slept at the beginning of it though). I am going to see it in 3d Imax next.

what...? umm not like he would have loved seeing the beautiful nature destroyed or anything...

have you seen the movie?

it was just the atmosphere of Pandora was BEAUTIFUL.
since mike loved nature i was just thinking he would have loved that movie.
and seeing the nature getting destroyed was similar to MJ's message in the Earth Song....

i think that might be also what StarSecret meant...

Yes, thank you, that is what I meant. It reminded me of Earth Song, therefore I made an assumption that MJ would like the themes, however I understand that we cannot ever speak for him. Just my interpretation :) Cheers.

Went to a private screening before it was officially released so was lucky there.
Saw it again last week.
Both times in 3D
I think it's creative,beautiful & it speaks into your heart :)

ughh..please pleaseee don't turn it into a discussion about racism of whatever? Please.

I saw the movie today and it was amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing, really! Genius work, it really was a masterpiece. I believe they will make a second one. I simply LOVED the movie, it was beautiful, the trees, everything!

whatever the movie was about, i hope this thread doesn't turn into people telling other people what opinions to have.

Nothing can beat Star Wars :p
3D was not so special, very poor acting... By that i mean even worse than in Star Wars Ep 1 :D

I'm sorry, but I can only say what I saw. The movie was very much about people's racist opinions of others. I think it is important to note that the movie is not racist but accurately portrays this kind of white militaristic attitude towards other cultures. The idea that if someone has something you want, than just go and take it and use force if necessary.

This does not take away from the movie, but it gives it added kudos, for it is one of the few movies I have seen that portrays the indigenous people as not being simplistic, stupid and paranoid.

If this is not an observation you have made, than it is ok to feel differently about the movie. Perception often times reflects experience. As ours are possibly different we can have differing opinions. Non being more right that the other. These are simply the observations about the movie, I have made.

It will be hard for me to watch this movie, I have the biggest phobia for anthropomorphic characters. :ph34r:

Back