Do you think there will ever be a credible biography of Michael's life?

MattyJam

Guests
J Randy Taraborelli's book is a joke. There are so many moments in the book where he writes exact conversations that MJ supposedly had with various different people, as if the author was a bug on the wall and had secret access to MJ's private life. It just isn't believeable. The latter half is also extremely rushed. He obviously wanted to cash in on MJ's death instead of waiting until he could write an accurate and well-researched account of really happened in Michael's last few months. This strips the J Randy Taraborelli biography of any credibility and integrity.

Most of the other books that have been written are either cheap cash-ins rushed out post-June 25th 2009 or they are biased sensationalised books written by tabloid hacks for maximum shock value (Ian Harperlin anyone?).

Do you think there will ever be a credible, well-researched, non-biased biography of Michael's life?

whos gonna write it? katherine. it can only be credible if its from somone who was around and knows the truth

whos gonna write it? katherine. it can only be credible if its from somone who was around and knows the truth

Not necessarily. It depends who the author manages to interview for the book. Katherine Jackson certainly isn't going to know the ins and outs of Michael's day-to-day life, nor is she in a position to write a factually accurate and non-biased account either.

There are some very credible biographies of other Hollywood icons, I've read some terrific Marilyn Monroe bios which seem well-researched, highly detailed and have credible sources.

Not necessarily. It depends who the author manages to interview for the book. Katherine Jackson certainly isn't going to know the ins and outs of Michael's day-to-day life, nor is she in a position to write a factually accurate and non-biased account either.

There are some very credible biographies of other Hollywood icons, I've read some terrific Marilyn Monroe bios which seem well-researched, highly detailed and have credible sources.

Honestly, I highly doubt it. Unlike many icons that came before him, Michael kept much of himself a secret. It was to the point that I doubt even his own family knew him in the end. They seem to believe certain rumors about him and he did not tell them too much about what he was doing. Even Janet lost contact with him for two years at one point and I doubt Michael told her what he was up to doing that time. Especially with certain members dropping drug addict stories.

Everything up to Thriller will be easy, but everything afterwards will be lost in translation or just plain wrong. Michael's life is already pulled in different directions by twenty different stories from people who were supposedly 'close' to him, so how are you going know what is true or not. Especially since the person is no longer her to confirm or deny.

The only people who will truly know him will be his children and that will only be certain parts.

J
Randy Taraborelli's book is a joke.
There are so many moments in the book where he writes exact conversations that MJ supposedly had with various different people, as if the author was a bug on the wall and had secret access to MJ's private life. It just isn't believeable. The latter half is also extremely rushed. He obviously wanted to cash in on MJ's death instead of waiting until he could write an accurate and well-researched account of really happened in Michael's last few months. This strips the J Randy Taraborelli biography of any credibility and integrity.

Most of the other books
that have been written are either cheap cash-ins rushed out post-June 25th 2009 or they are biased sensationalised books written by tabloid hacks for maximum shock value (Ian Harperlin anyone?).

Do you think there will ever be a credible, well-researched, non-biased biography of Michael's life?

:punk:Well said...I wholeheartedly Agree..."Anything For Money"

Do I think there will ever be a credible, well-researched, non-biased autobigraphical book of Mr.Jackson's life..?

Absoulutely...without ANY Doubt ...:yes:

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

I think it is simply impossible to write a 100% credible biography of anyone but oneself's which of course, is not a biography, but an autobiography :D LOL! And in an autobiography to show what you want the others to know, and hide that you don't want to be known, so it is also a part of the "truth" :)

No matter what we read, we as MJ fans, are already set up right from the beginning to not believe. What can be believe? It's really difficult to tell. I see must people agree on trusting Aphrodite Jones, but I know many who don't. Some love Karen Fayes, others can stand up with her. Other friends think Taraborelli is THE writer, while most MJ fans don't buy a bit of his work.... not to mention Shmuley Boteach and similar "close friends"... Mrs. Jackson already has her book (about her family), but I doubt a book on MJ would be among her current priorities.... ever :mello:

And even when she could write the book, I see MJ fans claiming it is not accurate for the reasons already given in this thread, but also because some MJ fans simply don't trust any MJ relative either. I have even read harsh words against Katherine or Rebbie. I will of course NOT want a book by Jerm., and I doubt MJ fans would be pleased with any by LaToya. Janet maybe? Some say she hadn't spoken to MJ for 4 years before the last time they met, etc. Dame Elizabeth? Mac?

Michael Jackson is, in some ways, a mistery because he wanted to keep his private life just like that: private. And by doing so, the perfect scenario for the wildest especulations was set. We all protect our privacy. That's just normal. But when it comes to Mike, his will to protect his privacy was something weird. Why? Maybe because many "stars" do the opposite over and over again, sharing every single and meaningless detail of their lives in an attempt to get attention for that, and not for their work or talent (which many lack), so people expected MJ to do the same. MJ was a normal man in a sea of anormal stars, media and showbiz executives, so all of them decided to call him weird.

After so many years of lies about Michael Jackson... who can we really trust? I admit I am always scared to read any peace of information about Mike on the media, always afraid I will find another painful lie, stupid rumor or disrespectful names.

People could write about MJ musical milestones and achievements. Would that be a good biography? Or people might choose write about MJ's personal milestones... would that be a biography to trust? How could anyone tell for sure what were his feelings, thoughts and hopes, reactions and fears? I doubt this can be done accurately, but only by guessing or speculating. The result of that would be the author's opinon on MJ.

I have read things mixing facts and speculation at many levels, such as "MJ love watching his cartoon, which shows his early narcissism" :mello: Fact (MJ mentioned this in Moonwalk) + speculating (opinion of the auther of MJ's Treasures). [not his exact words, but that's the idea].

A real biography should be well-balanced, stating both Ups and Downs of Michael, his rights and wrongs. And there we have another issue difficult to face, since every time we point some weak point of Mike some other fan gets upset and feels we are almost haters for not being able to "understand" this perfect soul. Michael was a perfectionist, but not perfect at all. He was a man and I am happy he was as human as any of us, with ups and downs. So a book that honest... would face rejection by some fans and love from others. There is also a big number of issues we WANT to believe about Michael, because those are things we would love him (or even need him) to be, so we, at some point, don't want our eyes to be opened ;) (I am currently in this state, I admit it).

So I think there will be many biographies, even very well researched biographies, but our acceptance of such works will heavily depend on our own expectations and ideas about Michael and the information we would like to know. Some would rather his career, some others his personal life, but not so deep. Others would love knowing it "all" (as if that was ever possible at all...), some just want strange facts and fantasies.

I would always be doubtful of the motivations of the author. Why do you write this? To let the world know the "real" Michael? To "clean" his name? To please fans? To please haters? To cash on MJ's name? To get your 15 minutes of fame? To "tell the truth"? Were you that close to him? Did he trust you? What do you get by doing this? (appart from the money, obviously). That would also set my mind before even considering getting any book.

Maybe I could trust a book written by Paris or Prince. But again, these little angels don't know the whole truth about his wonderful father, since Mike was stolen from them too soon. However, they could be the ones to make a real and honest reseach about Mike, but for personal reasons, for their own sake, not for the world's sake. I am sure they will do it whether we know it or not. I would do it, for we need to know about our parents. And out of that, they could pick up some good material to share with us. Maybe that would be good to read.

Well, who knows.... sorry.... this was a testament :(

Last edited:
i agree with the latter part of the j taraborelli book, i dont see the same book anymore that i used to see, its a totally different book now. every author rushed to make tributes that its poorly put together. we have to wait maybe years to get an author to bring out a decent book.....a well made book in Michaels own words, not taken out of context, a well researched book...fans will know it when they see it. (if we stop helping to re-cash in on bad books (if we know it is awful after years and years and years.)
i do think some decent author at some point will feel through Michael and step up and make a great book that fans will follow. i believe it will happen, a legend like him will always have many books come out. its only the tragedy that made too many crap books rush out to the presses. we'll have to wait for the good books like other legends had that long wait.

Honestly, I highly doubt it. Unlike many icons that came before him, Michael kept much of himself a secret. It was to the point that I doubt even his own family knew him in the end. They seem to believe certain rumors about him and he did not tell them too much about what he was doing. Even Janet lost contact with him for two years at one point and I doubt Michael told her what he was up to doing that time. Especially with certain members dropping drug addict stories.

Everything up to Thriller will be easy, but everything afterwards will be lost in translation or just plain wrong. Michael's life is already pulled in different directions by twenty different stories from people who were supposedly 'close' to him, so how are you going know what is true or not. Especially since the person is no longer her to confirm or deny.

The only people who will truly know him will be his children and that will only be certain parts.

i see what your saying, but icons of the past had more of a personal life back then, more of a mystery to them like mj had. there was no tmz bothering them. so many myths came out of it. even a presidents affairs like Kennedys were more personal back then.
but, you end up taking chances with bio's as most authors do not know the person personally, and even if they did know them, they could lie! michael proves as a great example. its weird how someone who knew a certain celebrity personally, comes out with the worst books. lmao but i have seen amazing books on other legends and i have faith in michaels future bio's. you can not know eveything about a person, not even children know everything about their parents to write a tell all book either...mothers neither. but its the way you put pen to paper to feel through whomever your writing about. Keep the Faith MJ fans. x

No because the only people that know him well enough to write a book are the very few people that would never write a book about him.

may be if someone who knew him well wants to make us know what he was all about, the real Michael, i mean thats an act of love too

Last edited:
i agree with the latter part of the j taraborelli book, i dont see the same book anymore that i used to see, its a totally different book now. every author rushed to make tributes that its poorly put together. we have to wait maybe years to get an author to bring out a decent book.....a well made book in Michaels own words, not taken out of context, a well researched book...fans will know it when they see it. (if we stop helping to re-cash in on bad books (if we know it is awful after years and years and years.)
i do think some decent author at some point will feel through Michael and step up and make a great book that fans will follow. i believe it will happen, a legend like him will always have many books come out. its only the tragedy that made too many crap books rush out to the presses. we'll have to wait for the good books like other legends had that long wait.

i see what your saying, but icons of the past had more of a personal life back then, more of a mystery to them like mj had. there was no tmz bothering them. so many myths came out of it. even a presidents affairs like Kennedys were more personal back then.
but, you end up taking chances with bio's as most authors do not know the person personally, and even if they did know them, they could lie! michael proves as a great example. its weird how someone who knew a certain celebrity personally, comes out with the worst books. lmao but i have seen amazing books on other legends and i have faith in michaels future bio's. you can not know eveything about a person, not even children know everything about their parents to write a tell all book either...mothers neither. but its the way you put pen to paper to feel through whomever your writing about. Keep the Faith MJ fans. x
I dont like to wait years, why wait years... some people knew him well and know he was a good person, he was a bit weird (not in a bad way of course) someone can make a book sooner out of love and truth, Lisa Marie can make her part on that book too, many people can Macaulay Culkin, Miko Brando, Brooke Shields, people who knew Marlon Brando and therefor Michael, Elizabeth Taylor, people that was with him that we dont know as well... i mean is not that hard, it would take a lot of hard work yes, but is not hard

Last edited:
i want a biopic, i really want one, and may be a real book would help, (is not necessarily needed) it can be made by the directors own investigation, and more when Michael is icon from today

Lisa Marie can make her part on that book too

.... well... she has already said a lot about her relation with Mj... not nice to listen to anyway :ermm:

(but I get your point. I feel no need to know anything about her, but I see your point)

In the future we probably will see many books written by different people, not Michael’s closest friends. If we lucky we may see a book from Elizabeth and Katherine. I heard that Karen is writing a book about Mike. I defiantly will buy her book. My choice is going to be to buy all of them and make up my own mind because each of them will represent just a little part of Michael. The thing is that there will be never deep research to be done because it is impossible. Michael used to keep all his secrets to himself and took most of them with him.

Not in the near future. Hell, it's hard to find well researched books about the man's music, let alone his entire life

In the future we probably will see many books written by different people, not Michael’s closest friends. If we lucky we may see a book from Elizabeth and Katherine. I heard that Karen is writing a book about Mike. I defiantly will buy her book. My choice is going to be to buy all of them and make up my own mind because each of them will represent just a little part of Michael. The thing is that there will be never deep research to be done because it is impossible. Michael used to keep all his secrets to himself and took most of them with him.

edit: *delete*

sorry i got carried away... :')

Last edited:
Not any time soon!!!!!!

I feel that only Liz Taylor and Michael's children could write one without judging him. But Liz Taylor would never do that as she believes that what was between her and Michael should be kept between her and Michael and she is very old and often she is ill.

However, there is still a chance that Michael's children might write something, but they are too young at the moment and we'll need to wait at least 10 years to read such a book. (by that time, the haters should of crawled back into their holes and the media should of stopped printing garbage about him).

Does anyone think Michael kept a diary or smth? I believe that would be really most interesting material if ever published.

Back