MJ in Top 10 cultural events in China in 2009 and Top 10 farewells

mkgenie

Proud Member
Remembering Michael Jackson

The world was stunned when the "King of Pop" Michael Jackson was found dead in Los Angeles on June 25, just 18 days before his sold-out stage comeback in London. For many fans it was the saddest and darkest day in pop music history, and his legend continues to grow after his unexpected death.

The tributes to the controversial music icon swept the whole world during the last half of 2009, with 30 million copies of his music records being shipped and a critically-acclaimed movie topping charts at the box office. The movie "This Is It" collected a record-breaking US$250 million worldwide. Even in remote Chinese villages, young people dance the moonwalk to his music. Whether or not one is a fan of his music, no one can deny Michael Jackson’s impact on the planet.

leave your comment:
http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2009-12/31/content_19165105_2.htm

Last edited:
Re: Top 10 cultural events in China in 2009 and Top 10 farewells

Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2009-12/31/content_19165458.htm

On June 25, 2009, the King of Pop's sudden farewell shocked the whole world. The Internet almost crashed due to millions of instantaneous searches regarding his life. More than one billion people watched his memorial, which was held at the Staples Center Arena on July 7, where he had been preparing to perform to sold-out crowds in London. His rehearsal footage was sold for US$60 million to Sony Pictures and was then made into a half-documentary-half-concert movie entitled, "This Is It."

Michael Jackson was one of the major western pop stars to make it big in China and he still enjoys a great number of fans here. His music entered China when China first started to open up to the world in the 1980s. Many Chinese people first started listening to western music because of him. Although he never held any concerts on Chinese soil, he accumulated many Chinese fans. No one thought a foreign pop star could get so many Chinese people together to mourn, share memories, dance and hug each other, as his fans did when "This Is It" hit the theaters. Michael Jackson serves as a universal landmark in many people's lives.

Born on August 29, 1958, he entertained the world with music starting at just 5 years old. Enjoyed by people of different backgrounds, he shaped the music industry, revolutionized dancing styles and influenced several generations of artists. Pushing racial boundaries, he was an American cultural icon that was known in every corner of the world. Unfortunately, Michael's fame also brought on controversial accusations, isolating him from many people.

The Michael Jackson saga will no doubt continue to dominate headlines, as his family and close friends all want part of his estate. His death, deemed as a homicide, is also still under investigation.

This is it...., this is it...., this is it...

I love such articles!!!

Thanks!

The picture is really touching. Thanks

In my country,Vietnam,MJ is not admired as much as some "idols" from Korea. It's sad....

Michael is the idol of some "idols" from Korea

Michael is the idol of some "idols" from Korea

yeah,I know that. However,if you have to hear some idiots say "MJ is worse at singing and dancing and look freaky than blah blah [insert whatever Korean singers,bands here]" everyday,you will become sick of it

yeah,I know that. However,if you have to hear some idiots say "MJ is worse at singing and dancing and look freaky than blah blah [insert whatever Korean singers,bands here]" everyday,you will become sick of it
wow you should tell them MJ is their idols' idol. Show some respect. If they talked shit about his face, then you tell them over 99% of korean artists have plastic surgeries.

Honey I dig it 100% I'm not in Vietnam but I deal with alot of K-pop fans who say this crap.

Just like the list I posted, people were pissed when Michael outranked G-dragon :smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes:

the guy bowing is such a touching photo.

^

Wow... tell those tweenies those Korean idols are FABRICATED!

Damn, most of them won't make it alone on sheer talent... Luckily, their management buys their songs and direct their choreography...

I bet they can't even write a song as genius as Billie Jean... :angry:

And, Michael can out-dance them anyday! I saw their tribute but they were just too stoic, no fluidity or passion at all!

Damn.... SMH! I can't believe a musical genius like Mike has to be compared to tween idols nowadays! Gosh... :rolleyes:

^

Wow... tell those tweenies those Korean idols are FABRICATED!

Damn, most of them won't make it alone on sheer talent... Luckily, their management buys their songs and direct their choreography...

I bet they can't even write a song as genius as Billie Jean... :angry:

And, Michael can out-dance them anyday! I saw their tribute but they were just too stoic, no fluidity or passion at all!

Damn.... SMH! I can't believe a musical genius like Mike has to be compared to tween idols nowadays! Gosh... :rolleyes:

You aint neva lie!!!

I'm telling you those teenybopper fangirls are delusional as hell
and you what bugs me??? how they criticize Michael's appearance while their idols wear circle lenses, alot of make up and look very very girly:no::no::no:

it saddens me.

Back