Is anyone else finding it hard

mjbusterdion2009

Proud Member
Hi just wondering is anyone else finding it hard to listen to certain Michael tracks without breaking down n floods of tears, cant listen to "You are my life", Man In the mirror or will you be there and i love those songs.. Starting to think ive a problem cause im finding it so difficult.. :(:(

You don't have a problem. That is very normal, you are like many of us, are still in the mourning process.

I heard "You are not alone" on the radio right before Christmas and I froze! I could not move my body to even turn the channel, all I remember is feeling this incredible loss and sadness.

It was overwhelming, suddenly those words from the song were more powerful than before.

i can't listen to "hold my hand " because of the fist line ... i guess this i the only song i can't listen to ever... he says:"This life won't last forever ..HOLD MY HAND"...it kills me .

You Are Not Alone, Will You Be there, Man In The Mirror and Your Are My Life are the songs that for me are very hard to listen to, especially WYBT, the words are so on point! Can't hold back the tears when I hear these songs and I think that will be the effect for me for a long time to come.

i can't listen to "hold my hand " because of the fist line ... i guess this i the only song i can't listen to ever... he says:"This life won't last forever ..HOLD MY HAND"...it kills me .

I have yet to listen to Hold My Hand since this all happened. To me, that particular song marked the very start of what was to be the second chapter of Michael's life and career. With that song we got the first fresh MJ vocals in years. I just can't listen to it now knowing that what was his first brand new song was also the very last new song we ever got. Truthfully I have a hard time listening to much of his music now, too painful.

last night I heard his song "someone in the dark", and then broke down with flood of tear. It was so painful, and I missed him badly!

Hi just wondering is anyone else finding it hard to listen to certain Michael tracks without breaking down n floods of tears, cant listen to "You are my life", Man In the mirror or will you be there and i love those songs.. Starting to think ive a problem cause im finding it so difficult.. :(:(
I have the same problem if you can call it that way. Will you be there, Man in the mirror and some other tracks (sometimes not even sad ones) can get me and it happens quite often, sometimes even short mentioning of Michael's name in the news can make me all teary :(

dang, that just made my heart drop down to my toes...

I had forgotten the first line of that song.

and wouldn't you know................."heartbreak hotel" now playing on a classic radio station!

same here. it breaks my heart every time.

TBH, I'm kinda over his death now, so listening to any song is easy. Of course, it's tragic what happened, but I'm choosing not to keep dwelling on it and moving on :)

TBH, I'm kinda over his death now, so listening to any song is easy. Of course, it's tragic what happened, but I'm choosing not to keep dwelling on it and moving on :)

its cool that you're getting on with your life Mo, all the best to you man.

I cant litsten to Man In the Mirror, Shes outta my life
or Ill be there. Ill be there was the very first song i heard on the radio the night of his death. It had me in tears just hearing in.
Man in the mirror reminds me of the mermorial, i just picture it every time
And shes outta of my life always brought a tear to my eye, but i changed the wods to hes outta my life, which didnt help.

But am sorta over his death now, there always be times when I tihnk "oh i cant belive hes actually gone" but his music makes me smile, and forget about everything.

Well, I can´t listen to most of his ballads...I have all of them on my i pod, but I always skip them..."Be not always", "Will you be there", "You are my life" and so on. I start to really miss these songs WITHOUT crying...
And in the last weeks I started to only listen to the instrumental versions, because I just can´t listen to his voice. And don´t get me started with the poem "Planet Earth"...

I think it´s pretty normal. I guess we´ll go on when we´re ready...

I find it hard to listen to Man In the Mirror because they played that at his funeral, and every time I hear that song now I think of his solid-gold coffin being rolled away by his brothers and Paris crying her eyes out on the stage. I don't think I can ever hear that song again. It's too painful. :weeping:

I feel the same, so please don't think you're alone.

For me it's really weird. I could listen to most songs after Michael passed, except for the obvious ones such as Smile, Gone too soon, Heaven can wait, Morphine, You Are Not Alone and Will You Be There.........but since a few weeks I find it hard to listen to almost all of Michael's songs! :mello:

BUT: I promised myself to try and be happy, have fun and not let the sadness get to me. I want to smile when I remember Michael, because he gave me (he gave US) so many wonderful experiences, memories, art and inspiration. :yes:

i cant listen to him at all. only time i have is if ive been at work and had no choice. i wish i could find comfort in his voice but i cant it just makes everything more painful

The first few bars of Man In The Mirror...everytime :cry: Just the image in my head :cry:

Will You Be There also gets me everytime :(

Not anymore. After he passed I couldn't listen to Gone Too Soon, Will You Be There, Man in the Mirror, or Be Not Always without being in floods of tears. Now I can listen to them and enjoy them, but I'll have moments where I'll shed some tears at the songs.

The worst part in will you be there is when he talks at the end when they used that in the funeral it tore me apart, watchin him now at the BAD tour in Japan.. Seems so cruel such a talented and most caring man was taken from us, i still think he is gonna pop up again somewhere this is just as hard as losing my grandmother last year.. Michael music helped me thru a time when i was abused when i was 8 fan since I was 2, im torn up so glad i can share it with u guys.. Thank you from my heart xxx

I can't listen to any of his music or bear to see pictures of him, I just weep every time. I have had to walk out of a shop more than once because they were playing his music. I think I could handle it better if it had been natural causes, but what gets me is that this need not have happened, he should still be here, and I have never felt such hate for anyone as I feel for Murrey, and I want to stop feeling like that.

Yes these are the songs I still have trouble going back to listen to them:

Man In The Mirror
I'll Be There
Will You Be There
Gone Too Soon
Heal The World
Childhood
You Are Not Alone
This Is It

And all of the songs off The Invincible album except for Whatever Happens and Threatened. As for This Is It I so badly want to hear that song since I didn't hear that song yet. But I did read the lyrics to that song and that was enough for me to start crying again. I can only imagine how I will react if I heard the song.

Im doing better when i listen to michael. i got the this is it cd and when i listen to it i havent cried that much but there are songs i just cant listen to at all without bawling my eyes out like gone too soon, you are not alone, she's out of my life, will you be there, and smile. i love those songs and i cant listen to any of them without crying.

yes I have a hard time listening to most the songs...
its still very painful :cry: Im sorry Michael :cry:

me too :( even other love songs remind me of him and i will cry
when i listen to Michael i will cry so badly so sometimes i avoid it but listen to others make me haedache >"

You are not alone so please don't think you are. I am listening to Michaels' music everyday and yes I cry when certain songs come on like Childhood, Will You Be There, I'll Be There and Man in the Mirror there are a couple of others as well but for me I need to hear his voice because as strange as it may sound I do find comfort in his voice. But I do cry when I hear certain songs especially when I am out somehwhere like work and they come on. I think this is so hard for me to deal with the loss of Michael because of the way he was taken from us it is so unfair!!

Julia

Heaven Can Wait.... :cry:

anytime i listen, i day to me...
what if :heart:Michael wanted the Heaven to wait but they did not?maybe they forced him to go there?
what if he really is turning it all around and trying to get down?
maybe he is worried, maybe he cries, maybe he is lonely.
what if he wants to come back and can not?

I pray not, I pray not :angel: :praying
please be not that way...

and Hold my Hand.

his 4 first verses makes me wanna die in shame and guilt.

i cant listen to him at all. only time i have is if ive been at work and had no choice. i wish i could find comfort in his voice but i cant it just makes everything more painful
:(...I feel you, I feel your pain.

In my case, Will You Be There, Gone Too Soon and many of The Jackson 5 songs-including live performances. These songs made me cry when he was alive, so you know why I just can't play them now.

I can listen to many of his angry songs more easily cuz yes, I'm f***ing mad at the system, the assholes that put him through all kinds of hell.

I'm beginning to think i have a problem. I don't understand why i can't let go. People keep telling me, you never knew the guy, why are you still crying over him 6 months later. I HAVE NO IDEA why he's constantly on my mind. When I woke up on new years eve, I felt this unbearable pain of emptiness. Just pure emptiness. June 25th ruined my life, I wish it never happened. Are there others feeling as helpless as me?

Back