We Are the World

MJMThriller

Proud Member
How great is this song? I love it. Both the vocals from every artist and the message it sends through its lyrics. I wish I was old enough to experience what it was like when the song first came out.

I like it. :yes:
I love watching the anniversary DVD with all the behind the scenes stuff :)

Oh my goodness I remember we were going to sing this for our Kindergarten Graduation and I was soooo excited, but the plans got changed.

I love love love this song, they had the perfect people to be apart of it.

I love love love the part when Stevie Wonder and Bruce Springsteen go at it, and of course when Michael and Diana do the "you and me" part

i really love WATW, it's always reminded me of Christmas...lol....but, it is really a beautiful song

I just love that song so much. I was 6 years old when I first heard this song in its entirely (Sp?). I remember being at the Hands Across America Event on May 25th 1986. And it was 1 of 3 songs that was played that day. The other 2 songs was Hands Across America and America The Beautiful by Ray Charles. Hands Across America was a project of USA For Africa. It was just so totally amazing being apart of something like that.

USA for Africa..
There was no internet then at least not for common people, but we all saw the pictures from Africa on tv
It wasn´t bad, it wasn´t terrible, it was much worse than that.
Catastrophe.
The child sucking the empty sac, parents leaving some of their children at home to get help for those children who had a change to survive.
They knew there was no hope for the children at home, it was too late for them children just lied there waiting to die.
Children was big eyes in skeleton and there was too many of them.
Michael was fat in TII compared to these people.
Artists went together and made songs together.
Do they know it´s christmas ,in Europe and later We are the world ,in U.S.A.
We are the world is a good song but another reason why it became such a bestseller is that people wanted to help Africa.
I don´t think Michael went to Africa to see that the help came to the right places.
He didn´t need to, Bob Geldof was there.

I don´t think Michael went to Africa to see that the help came to the right places.
He didn´t need to, Bob Geldof was there.
Marlon went, and is seen on the behind the scenes footage.
U know what's funny? I was just watching the Simpsons when Bart pretended to be a kid trapped in a well and they did a parody of "We are the world" lol.
That was Sting doing the voice on that episode.

i love it also but i love more the demo version cause its only michael's voice :)

WATW is awesome. Watching and hearing all those stars come together. I love Bruce Springsteen and Cyndi Lauper's parts. Also love the demo version too. :)

The demo is great and gives me goosebumps.

This song is just amazing and you can tell it was from the heart, not just a bunch of big name artists saying "Hey lets create an awareness song to make ourselves look good"

Oh my goodness I remember we were going to sing this for our Kindergarten Graduation and I was soooo excited, but the plans got changed.

I love love love this song, they had the perfect people to be apart of it.

I love love love the part when Stevie Wonder and Bruce Springsteen go at it, and of course when Michael and Diana do the "you and me" part

Greatest all star collab ever....I'm sorry but this got so butchered at Clinton's Inaguration, maybe because their sound was bad.

This is actually my all time favorite song ever. I've loved it since I was little but it's so hard for me to listen to it now. I love it with all the various artists, it's amazing. But I mainly listen to Michael's demo version, it's beautiful.

Overall, this song is just so beautiful. My favorite song.

Back