Great Song about Michael's death!

amygrace

Proud Member
This was written as if from Michael's perspective on his death.
I thought I'd share with you all...as I really love it. :)

Listen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9KADmWELM

And here are the lyrics:

"SOUL SURVIVOR"

He thought he could take me, take me down
And walk over my ashes
He hid his weapon in the crowd, walkin' around
With a pair of matches

A secret to frame the match maker
Setup to blame the blood taker
He did all he could to make sure
When the pieces fell, they fell with ease
But he forgot one thing...

I'm a soul survivor
And a stronger fighter
You can't put out my fire
You think you threw me off track
But whatever you give you get back
And I'm gonna make sure of that

Somebody always wants a piece
Wants to be, better than the other
Driven by the powers of greed and jealousy
Children lost a father

You think can just break and take me?
Well you are sadly mistaking
And when the ground beneath you starts quaking
You'll find there's no escaping me
I'm afraid you've failed to see...

I'm a soul survivor
And a stronger fighter
You can't put out my fire
You think you threw me off track
But whatever you give you get back
And I'm gonna make sure of that

He thought he could take me, take me down
And walk over my ashes...

----

I wrote this, by the way...and that's me singing it.
Just to break down some of the beginning lyrics in case some people don't get it (though I think it's pretty obvious)... the part "he hid his weapon in the crowd, walkin around with a pair of matches" is insinuating the idea that there was someone, AEG or whoever else...that used Murray as a weapon in taking out Michael; "Hidden in the crowd" meaning they put him right in there... just part of the staff...a doctor, blending right in. And all the while Murray had his "pair of matches" (propofol) just waiting to strike.

Then "a secret to frame the match maker" is pointing to the idea that it was a framing, like maybe Murray didn't even know the whole story...he was just planted there...and so automatically people would put blame not just on him the "blood taker" but on the "match makers" as well; meaning the medicine itself. Hope that all makes sense.

Anyway, would love to hear your guys' thoughts. Thanks for listening!

JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL!

Last edited:
Oh my god, you are so pretty and you have the most beautiful voice.. Well done you for producing that song all by yourself, you should be very proud! Excellent job! :)

The lyrics are awesome.. Too bad I could not hear your voice properly.

I heard them perfectly clear, the recording was fine and I could pretty much work out what you were saying without the lyrics in front of me.

Already said it in the other thread but wow, that was beautiful, Amy! Really fitting. Loved the lyrics and your voice, of course! You're so talented, girl! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Thank you guys so much for the nice comments! Out of all the songs I've written this is one that I am most proud of.

I know you can't make out what I'm saying very well in the vid...and I didn't hit some chords right. I really didn't plan on releasing this rough version...I wanted to get a fully produced studio version done but that is taking longer than I hoped so I just settled with this one for now. I just felt like the song really needed out there already.

Very nice song, i like it alot. And i agree with the others, you are very pretty indeed ;).
I checked your site, two thumbs up to that. Great pieces about Michael, very heartfelt.
Keep up the good work!!

Very nice song, i like it alot. And i agree with the others, you are very pretty indeed ;).
I checked your site, two thumbs up to that. Great pieces about Michael, very heartfelt.
Keep up the good work!!
Amy can I see your site too? Or is it just your YT channel thingy?

Last edited:
Back