American Idol - Season 9

Silouette

Proud Member
idol_2010_premiere.jpg

It's that time of the year. :sigh:
I'm not as much of a follower as I was in the first years,
but I pop in every now and then.

Last year it was all about Adam Lambert & Kris Allen.

Ellen DeGeneres joins the judges this year.

The auditions are the best and sometimes down right funny.

Is the show losing steam?

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/american-idol/100036

I don't like the fact that Ellen is the new judge, she's a lovely person but I thought Paula fitted more to the program.

AI has lost its shine anyways imo.

Show will be different without Paula. And I'll miss Adam :(
lol I think a girl will win this year though

It'll be a while before it comes to the UK but I can't really see Ellen as a judge... :unsure: She just seems to nice to be able to say no. She'll no doubt cause some fun though :D

This show is displaying time and again that it is not about real music. Having a comedian come on the show to judge music is silly to me. When asked about it AI says she will add humor to the show. It doesn't have to have humor, but at least try to have some credibility. Paula's gone and Diaguardi and Ellen stay. well, I am not.

I'm excited for a new season of American Idol. I love this show. But the audition process in the first few weeks is my least favorite time - with all those annoying people, some of whom not only can't hold a tune but are just plain strange. I'm always impatient to get to the GOOD singing.

I'm not sure how Ellen will work out with the show. I guess I'll give her a chance. I will miss Paula and her kooky, yet sweet nature (and sometimes incoherent statements). Simon is still there, thankfully. Without him...this show is over.

Will this season American Idol again feature MJ's music catalog.? Was anyone impressed at all with the contestants effort last season.? I thought they butchered MJ's songs.

Allthough i think it beneath him and would have frown at it bigtime, a part of me would have loved to have seen MJ on AMERICAN IDOL not necessarily singing, but prepping the contestants. This was re-enforced after seeing THIS IS IT especially the LET IT SIMMER segment.

They already did MJ week last year. I thought most of the contestants totally butchered Michaels songs :( I wonder if he watched that. The only ones I was impressed with was Matt Girauds and Adam Lamberts

I'm excited for a new season of American Idol. I love this show. But the audition process in the first few weeks is my least favorite time - with all those annoying people, some of whom not only can't hold a tune but are just plain strange. I'm always impatient to get to the GOOD singing.

I'm not sure how Ellen will work out with the show. I guess I'll give her a chance. I will miss Paula and her kooky, yet sweet nature (and sometimes incoherent statements). Simon is still there, thankfully. Without him...this show is over.

Bite your tongue.! The auditions are hilarious.That is the best part of the THE AMERICAN IDOL experience. When the contestants get to LA, something happens. They become uptight, over loaded with too much stuff. It's like their authenticity is slowly drained.

Last edited:
Bite your tongue.! The auditions are hilarious.That is the best part of the THE AMERICAN IDOL experience. When the contestants get to LA, something happens. They become uptight, over loaded with too much stuff. It's like their authenticity is slowly drained.

Sometimes it's funny but some of those people are so over the top insanely awful, I think they are just hired actors. I mean, are people really that bad?

I love the process of watching the cream slowly rise to top. I love to try and spot someone with potential who eventually becomes a favorite and watch them grow little by little, week by week and ultimately win (I'm pretty good with picking winners). I love to find someone to cheer for throughout the season and then watch them win. I love how each contestant is groomed and polished with makeup/hair/wardrobe so that you see them blossom from "ordinary" to glamorous. I just love the build up to the finale and the ultimate winner. And I love watching them move on to become superstars. It's a little like watching my children fly the coop. I feel proud of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, etc...Even the ones I didn't pick to win, it's so interesting to see what they accomplish (Jennifer Hudson).

last season my pick was Kris Allen. :)

I thought they all (the ones I can remember) handled Michael's material pretty well. I too wish he had made an appearance on the show, at least to just sit in the audience to watch them perform his songs. I also wonder if he watched the show on TV or if maybe someone showed him clips. And if so, what he thought.

I love the auditions, those are always the best part for me too. Oh another guy I love, Von Smith :wub:

I am so looking forward to seeing A.I. especially to Ellen as the new judge. Though I do miss Paula as the judge. I think Ellen is going to be just as good as Paula. But I only watch the show for the auditions. It is definitely the best part of the show.

Well Ellen may be nice, but she has made the statement not to expect her to be sweet like Paula. Ellen said she feels it doesnt do anyone service by not telling them the truth.

I adore Ellen. She's great. But I have to reserve my feelings about her being a judge until I see her on it. I think she'll add the "viewer" opinion more, because she loves music and has been a fan of the show for awhile. Time will tell. I wish her all the best. It'll give me one more reason to watch. I only ever watch because of Simon, he reminds me of myself. So seeing how Ellen and him interact will be interesting. After all she did say he was mean. LOL.

I cant stand Kara to be honest. Last season I just wanted to slap her. Something about her just doesnt jive with me.

I was a Danny fan last season with Adam in a close second. It was the first season I'd REALLY watched from start to finish in about two years. When danny left I was crushed, but I was rooting for Adam. Kris annoyed me to be honest. He's not my cup of tea. So when he won I had a major 'WTF?!' look on my face. LOL. The guy can sing but for me he's just too dull. Like I said to each his own. He doesnt float my boat though.

Paula I will always love. I've been a fan of her's since the song 'Opposites attract'. I wish all of them the best of luck.

Last edited:
Actually, Allison was my early favorite. But then she got eliminated (couldn't believe it) and Kris quietly came out of the shadows and I began to notice that this guy has a great voice. And I enjoyed that he was just a simple song and guitar guy - no gimmicks and no screeching, which to me was refreshing.

I liked Allison too! I actually met all the idols last year at the barricades except for Adam bc he was feeling a bit sick. Adam was the one I really wanted to meet, I still hope to someday. I think he has an amazing gift :)

I think American Idol has really lost its purpose. In the beginning it was to create an American star. As of late, it's become nothing but marketing, making money, and entertainment.

I think it's sad that they have 30 million viewers per show, yet the winners struggle to go platinum. SMH.

They're showing the season 8 auditions on reruns over here at the moment and season 9 is beginning in two weeks. I don't know if I'm getting old or if the singers just get worse every year because I had to turn down the volume on my TV when I couldn't stand the weird noises coming from these people that call themselves "singers." Whatever happened to real singing instead of yelling as loud as you can and calling that singing?

I think I'll still tune in to this season as well, just to see Ellen and the auditions. Even if my ears can't stand most of it, at least it's oddly entertaining. I was never a big fan of Paula as a judge anyway so it'll be interesting to see Ellen fill her spot.

I liked Allison too! I actually met all the idols last year at the barricades except for Adam bc he was feeling a bit sick. Adam was the one I really wanted to meet, I still hope to someday. I think he has an amazing gift :)

Aww you got to meet them? How lucky you are! I would love to meet Kelly Clarkson.

I'm disappointed in how Jordin Sparks is doing in her recording career so far. I chose her to win right from the beginning. She knocked my socks off with her version of that Tom Jones song "I Who Have Nothing". OMG I had chills when she performed it on the show! I have it on mp3 and must have listened to it a thousand times, as well as all of her other performances on that show during her competition. But now they seem to be giving her songs that don't really show off or emphasize her range or unique vocals. It seems to be just dance music or R & B stuff. I really wish she had recorded that Tom Jones song. I'm waiting for her to do another amazing ballad. Not that I have heard all of her new music...just what she has performed on TV or what little I've heard on the radio.

This is how I choose a potential American Idol winner or runner up - If I get chills during a performance. :)

yep! They were all so nice in person :) Here are a few of my videos:

[youtube]qbt06rTGyIA[/youtube]

[youtube]d8O0PGUhxIA[/youtube]

[youtube]QmW7FdLkIrE[/youtube]

i'm too lazy to read the whole thread. has the news got out that Simon Cowell is quitting the show, after this year?

yep! They were all so nice in person :) Here are a few of my videos:

[youtube]qbt06rTGyIA[/youtube]

[youtube]d8O0PGUhxIA[/youtube]

[youtube]QmW7FdLkIrE[/youtube]

Wow!!! Your videos are great. Aww Kris Allen. He's my favorite of the guys. He just seems like a real nice, humble young guy.

Geez, I'm glad I'm not a celebrity...having to sign all that stuff and be nice to strangers. LOL

both him and Abdul have quit after MJ's death. they both said they love MJ, and Cowell said he was trying to look for the next 'young' Michael Jackson, and that was the purpose of his idol shows. i'm not saying there is a connection, but i wonder if they lost the inspiration to continue...

well..i don't know if x factor is a new challenge, since he owns that. lol..perhaps he's looking for something he doesn't own, and wants to conquer it..

AI will be a lot more boring without Simon. I heard about that he's going to X Factor, too, and that Paula might be also judging there?

Back