Jackson Family reactions/ statements about Murray and trial

mjdove

Proud Member
Jackson family unhappy over Conrad Murray charge

Thu Feb 4 2010 12:34:50

Michael Jackson's family are said to be upset that his doctor is not standing trial for second degree murder.

Reports claimed that Dr. Conrad Murray could be given the lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter. So far he has yet to be taken in by officals.

The Jackson family are said to be unhappy with the situation. Their lawyer Brian Oxman said: "I spoke to Latoya Jackson last night, she wants justice for her brother."

He added: "She is upset and has been upset about Michael's death. I spoke to Joseph Jackson last night and again this morning. He wants justice for Michael. They are not angry, they are not vindictive, they are heartbroken. They do not think that the charge of involuntary manslaughter is appropriate. They feel that it is a slap in the face. As to exactly what they would like to see, they would like to see justice."

An army of news crews are camped outside the Los Angeles courthouse on standby, waiting for Murray's surrender to police.

Fingers have been pointing towards the cardiologist for some time. The L.A. County coroner's office ruled that the singer's death on June 25 was a homicide by drug overdose.

Powerful anaesthetic Propofol and the sedative Lorazepam were the main drugs that caused Jackson's death at age 50. Murray, who has offices in Houston and Las Vegas, was hired to care for the entertainer while he prepared for a series of comeback concerts in London.

http://itn.co.uk/b8b7820cd52815ce9cb806cd9e201d1a.html

Jackson Family Wants Harsher Charge Against Doctor
AP
Published: February 3, 2010

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An attorney says Michael Jackson’s family believes an involuntary manslaughter charge against the singer’s doctor would be “a slap on the wrist, and a slap in the face.“ Brian Oxman told CBS’ “The Early Show” that Dr. Conrad Murray displayed recklessness in dispensing powerful drugs to help Jackson sleep. Oxman says that warrants a second-degree murder charge.

Law enforcement officials say prosecutors plan to pursue the lesser charge, which carries a maximum jail sentence of four years. The district attorney’s office isn’t commenting.

Jackson died June 25 from an anesthetic overdose. The Los Angeles County coroner’s office ruled the death a homicide.

Murray maintains nothing he gave Jackson should have killed him.

http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/state...ly_wants_harsher_charge_against_doctor/56055/

Jackson Doctor's Attorney: Murray Arranging to Surrender

(CBS/AP) While it won't be clear for a while what caused the death of pop star Michael Jackson, a family attorney's comments Thursday pointed towards a problem with prescription drugs.

"I have warned of the use of prescription medication and people who have enabled the use of those medications," Brian Oxman, the family attorney, told CBS News anchor Harry Smith (see video below). "I do not know how much he has taken, I don't know what his current situation is in the last couple of weeks. Over the last several years I have said to family members that he is overmedicated.

A report on the entertainment Web site TMZ.com says Jackson family members feared a "heavy dose of morphine" prior to his death caused an overdose.

Oxman said that he's been the family's attorney for 20 years. But in 2005, Oxman disassociated himself from the defense team in Jackson's molestation case after a spat with another attorney.

At the time, CBS News legal correspondent Andrew Cohen wrote, "You get the clear sense that Oxman became the 'lawyer who wouldn't leave' the case, so much so that a written 'notice' had to be filed to ensure that he wouldn't be hanging around the courthouse for the next few months."

Jermaine Jackson, Michael Jackson's brother, gave a press conference in Los Angeles Thursday afternoon. He said that his brother died at 2:26 p.m. local time, and it is believed that Jackson suffered cardiac arrest in his home, but that the cause of death is unknown until they received the results of an autopsy.

Jackson's personal physician tried to resuscitate him at his home, as did the paramedics, Jermaine Jackson said. Then at the hospital, doctors tried to revive him for more than an hour, but were unsuccessful.

The coroner's office received Jackson's body Thursday evening. They anticipate performing the autopsy Friday morning, but the final cause of death will not be conclusive because they need time to conduct toxicology and tissue studies.

Over Jackson's chart-topping music career, his health has commanded as much publicity as his hit songs.

Plastic surgery, mysterious hospitalizations and reports of pill popping have long plagued the King of Pop.

Jackson's unexpected death at age 50 during a comeback attempt stunned the world despite a history of health problems - some real and others rumored - that have been fodder for tabloids and gossip columns speculating wildly about his woes.

In the early 1990s, Jackson's dermatologist revealed the singer had a skin disorder known as vitiligo, which leads to white patches on the skin. Over the years, Jackson underwent numerous plastic surgeries, including a nose job.

Jackson was also widely reported to be addicted to painkillers from pain he developed after he was burned while filming a Pepsi commercial in 1984.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/25/entertainment/main5115503.shtml

Re: Jackson Family Wants Harsher Charge Against Doctor

why they are the ones saying he was a druggie

why they are the ones saying he was a druggie
about that I am wondering the whole time.

Okay, they are speaking about the prescription drugs. Those kind of drugs billion of people are taking, and no one calls them junkies.

Brian Oxman???? He is not a reliable source.

Yet, he is out there saying he is the Jackson family spokesman and no one has come forward from the family to say otherwise.

It is very hard to understand why they are asking for a harsher sentence when they have given Murray his best defense.

Yet, he is out there saying he is the Jackson family spokesman and no one has come forward from the family to say otherwise.

It is very hard to understand why they are asking for a harsher sentence when they have given Murray his best defense.
right, and so he is.

La Toya hits out at Jackson's doctor

Michael Jackson's sister La Toya hit out at the apparent decision to charge his doctor with involuntary manslaughter, Sky News reported today.

She said Dr Conrad Murray should face the more serious charge of premeditated manslaughter, which carries a heftier sentence.
Talking to reporters outside Mr. Chow's restaurant in Beverly Hills, Jackson said, "He should have been charged with premeditated."

She was then asked if she thought more people were involved in her brother's death, to which she replied, "absolutely."

The singer was speaking as the authorities prepared to charge Murray following a lengthy police investigation.

According to reports in the US he was expected to present himself to Los Angeles police tomorrow morning.

He was then due to be charged with involuntary manslaughter before being taken to court to appear before a judge, reports said.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles attorney's office said she could "neither confirm nor deny" the reports.

Jackson died suddenly last June aged 50 as he was preparing for a series of sell-out concerts at the O2 arena in London.

Murray, who was treating the star, told detectives he had given him the general anesthetic propofol and two other sedatives to help him sleep.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...-jacksons-doctor/story-e6frfku0-1225826902621

Re: La Toya hits out at Jackson's doctor

You know what, I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking, but IF LaToya has something to say, she (along with members of her family) should have a proper press conference. That way the family can make a statement that would be picked up and probably get more traction.

Nevermind answering "random" questions while leaving Mr. Chow's. Let's get it poppin Jackson family!

(If I didn't read the various Michael Jackson fansite, I would never know about any of LaToya's previous comments.)

Re: La Toya hits out at Jackson's doctor

[youtube]pGbVzNM-KDQ[/youtube]

It really should be 2nd degree murder.

It should be first degree murder.

And the only thing I don't agree with Brian on, is that Michael was an addict at that time. I'm sure Michael wouldn't want results like that to show up on his second physical he was supposed to take before leaving for London.

Oxman seriously needs to shut his ass up. The only thing I agree with him on is that there needs to be a more serious charge. Other than that natta'. He is saying that "they" knew Michael was going to be brought down by the use of "these" medications. First off Oxman didn't even fxckin' know what napped Mike in the first place. Day one, his ass is on T.V. sayin' it was Demorol and that "he knew all along that it was going to take Mike's life one day."

Well guess what Oxman your wrong, surprise there. :smilerolleyes: Michael did not lose his life to these "medications/narcotics" that you are speaking of, it was the mix of propofol and other sedatives that Murray prescribed and administered to him. There were no narcotics found in Michael's system. So that "druggie" Bull shit can be thrown out the damn window because that has nothing to do with what "actually" killed Michael. The Jackson family needs a new spokes person, for serious. Because this guy has a screw loose. :doh:

This is a touchy subject. I don't believe that 4 years (AT MOST) is enough for what this man did. I read the descriptions for the different charges and the second part of the murder charge "2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life." fits this situation. I don't think it was intentional but the man's judgment was clouded by dollar signs. He didn't care what he did as long as he was getting paid for it. I pray to God that justice is served. Please don't let this be a freaking joke.

It should be first degree murder.
why? how can you prove this was planned and why would murray kill the man who was going to pay him. this was gross negligence and i don't think it was anything more than 2nd degree murder because of the insane stupidity of murray's actions.

I feel like going thru the computer/television and choke Oxman everytime I see him getting his mug out

Why do you think that?

1) I don't think Michael would have asked for propofol with all that previous drugs already in his system. Seriously, with three kids now? And with someone telling him beforehand, the dangers of it? Now, if he ALREADY knew the dangers of it, why would he take it even WITH loads of drugs already in him?

2) Shouldn't a doctor know the amount of medication it takes to kill someone?

So it seems as though Murray gave Michael enough medication to KILL him, yet, he is saying he didn't. Well, if he didn't, wouldn't Michael still be alive?

3) Motivation for first degree murder can very well be hidden. That is a fact. One of the greatest documented murders in American history had no apparent motivation and held almost no clues.

why? how can you prove this was planned and why would murray kill the man who was going to pay him. this was gross negligence and i don't think it was anything more than 2nd degree murder because of the insane stupidity of murray's actions.

We don't know if it was Michael who was paying Murray.

Last edited:

It is a big go figure moment. :smilerolleyes:

If I remember correctly, which I may not, Dr. Murray didn't even call 911 right away. As a cardiologist he should have when his patient was suffering cardiac arrest. Not to mention he didn't even give Michael CPR correctly! He knew what the levels of these medicines would do. He's a doctor. He can't claim ignornance, therefore he did it intentionally. So he should be charged for murder and his ass should be in prison for life!

Last edited:

If I remember correctly, which I may not, Dr. Murray didn't even call 911 right away. As a cardiologist he should have when his patient was suffering cardiac arrest. Not to mention he didn't even give Michael CPR correctly! He knew what the levels of these medicines would do. He's a doctor. He can't claim ignornance, therefore he did it intentionally. So he should be charged for murder and his ass should be in prison for life!

Exactly. He can't be that stupid, and still able to have gotten his medical degree.

I'm pretty sure they teach you in medical school what medications and amounts to give to a patient.

Still, I think it's possible someone else was in that house. Those security tapes should show something.

Anyways, someone murdered Michael. Someone gave him enough medication to kill him. Someone knew it was enough medication for him to drop dead.

Someone murdered Michael Jackson.

"If I die, I'm going to be killed" mj

Last edited:

Oxman seriously needs to shut his ass up. The only thing I agree with him on is that there needs to be a more serious charge. Other than that natta'. He is saying that "they" knew Michael was going to be brought down by the use of "these" medications. First off Oxman didn't even fxckin' know what napped Mike in the first place. Day one, his ass is on T.V. sayin' it was Demorol and that "he knew all along that it was going to take Mike's life one day."

Well guess what Oxman your wrong, surprise there. :smilerolleyes: Michael did not lose his life to these "medications/narcotics" that you are speaking of, it was the mix of propofol and other sedatives that Murray prescribed and administered to him. There were no narcotics found in Michael's system. So that "druggie" Bull shit can be thrown out the damn window because that has nothing to do with what "actually" killed Michael. The Jackson family needs a new spokes person, for serious. Because this guy has a screw loose. :doh:

Exactly, and that is why Oxman is not giving any kind of defense to Murray, because no other supposed drug has anything to do with the cause of death. The forensics will overrule Oxman gossip.

This is a touchy subject. I don't believe that 4 years (AT MOST) is enough for what this man did. I read the descriptions for the different charges and the second part of the murder charge "2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life." fits this situation. I don't think it was intentional but the man's judgment was clouded by dollar signs. He didn't care what he did as long as he was getting paid for it. I pray to God that justice is served. Please don't let this be a freaking joke.

It is hard to describe since it differs between state. The best way I can explain it is that 2nd degree murder is when you intent to cause harm, but you end up killing the person. Although, it was not plan. Like if you go over to someone's house with the intent to beat them up and they end up dying, you could be charge with 2nd degree murder. Driven drunk can also get you this charge since it is consider assault with a deadly weapon.

Manslaughter is when you have no intent to cause harm, but you end up killing someone. Like if you fall asleep at the wheel and hit someone, you can be charge with manslaughter. You were not under the influence like you are when drunk and you unaware of your actions.

I hope that makes sense.

Manslaughter is when you have no intent to cause harm, but you end up killing someone. Like if you fall asleep at the wheel and hit someone, you can be charge with manslaughter. You were not under the influence like you are when drunk and you unaware of your actions.

I hope that makes sense.

So with the already dangerous and harmful drug, propofol, Murray did not intend to cause harm when mixing that with other drugs......because he knew the already deadly drug, with no proper eqipment, wouldn't cause Michael any harm that night when mixing it up with other different drugs....

They think we're stupid.

It is hard to describe since it differs between state. The best way I can explain it is that 2nd degree murder is when you intent to cause harm, but you end up killing the person. Although, it was not plan. Like if you go over to someone's house with the intent to beat them up and they end up dying, you could be charge with 2nd degree murder. Driven drunk can also get you this charge since it is consider assault with a deadly weapon.

I hope that makes sense.

I think it's not intent to harm, but intent to kill. Manslaughter is not intentional, murder is intentional. The "trick" is how you define intent, in California gross negligence (?) counts as intent, I think it means when you are aware that what you're doing is dangerous and could kill someone, but you don't care and do it anyway.

Back