Before reading this thread, how many of you..

How many of you knew This Is It (the song) was recorded in 1983?

• Total voters

Upside

Proud Member
...didn't know that This Is It (the song) was recorded in 1983?

This may seem kind of pointless, but I'm quite eager to know and also inform people!

I knew it wasn't brand new, or even particularly recent, but I didn't know it was as old as that.

I didn't know until after the fact, but I didn't know when it was recorded either. I don't think I thought it was a new song when I listened to it.

i thought it was new, when i first heard it, which is a testament to MJ's musical I.Q.

I knew... The question I have... I have heard that the brothers do the background vocals

In 80s this song was recorded as a DUET with Paul Anka. And it was a song with different lyrics. It was similar to TII but different. It is not clear when MJ recorded TII song which was released in October 2009. It was not a duet anymore..It was juts him singing and playing piano, the lyrics changed too. This info is from wiki and other articles I have read. This copy of TII Branca found accidently as we know. The background was added later by Sony before they released it. So, basically it is not that clear when TII was recorded.
So, I did not vote because I do not know.
Michaels' voice sounds on this tape more like early 90-s imo.

When they were talking about releasing the song, I read early on in somewhere that it was an unreleased song from the 80's. So yeah, I kinda knew.

In 80s this song was recorded as a DUET with Paul Anka. And it was a song with different lyrics. It was similar to TII but different. It is not clear when MJ recorded TII song which was released in October 2009. It was not a duet anymore..It was juts him singing and playing piano, the lyrics changed too. This info is from wiki and other articles I have read. This copy of TII Branca found accidently as we know. The background was added later by Sony before they released it. So, basically it is not that clear when TII was recorded.
So, I did not vote because I do not know.
Michaels' voice sounds on this tape more like early 90-s imo.

Interesting. Thanks for that info.

I had no idea when I first heard it...could have been from any era imo, especially when I heard the 30 second clip that was leaked the day before the whole thing streamed. Magical. :wub:

I read about it before I heard the song but just listening to it you can tell that he's younger just by the sound of his voice.

I knew it was old, but wasn't aware THAT old. But became more aware after Paul Anka came out and said he was part of it. Really,the last time I actually saw or heard of Paul Anka was when they named a dog Paul Anka on Gilmore Girls. It HAD to be old.

...didn't know that This Is It (the song) was recorded in 1983?

This may seem kind of pointless, but I'm quite eager to know and also inform people!

yes i knew and there are a lot of songs around that time he recorded and it never got out. so now he gone we will get songs from early 80's etc. Whats really gets to me and makes me cry he still sounds the same like he did back then This is it i can't even listen to that song i start crying...How i knew the song was written back then thanks to my sisters they know their michael lol

I just remember being so confused by all the conflicting reports about this song that by the sound of MJ's voice I just decided myself that it was from the 80's. I just didn't know what year. I'm still confused, lol.

When the song was released there were news everywhere that the song was recorded during the Bad era and it was co-written with Paul Anka. So I knew about it, but I didn't know the excact year until now! lol!

I just remember being so confused by all the conflicting reports about this song that by the sound of MJ's voice I just decided myself that it was from the 80's. I just didn't know what year. I'm still confused, lol.

No need to be confused as the song was and is so fitting for This is it!!.:yes:

Just enjoy it!!! As my late mum would say it doesnt matter about the 'whys' and 'where fors' .......... it was fitting and apt so just enjoy!!!:clapping:

I knew shortly after it was released (like hours) that it was an old song. It was just a demo that had been remastered etc. He actually gave this song to another artist who released it under a different title (not This Is It).

I thought it was made for This Is It, hence the name of the song. Then when it was released Paul Anka, came out saying it's a different song from 1980. It happens. But you know Sony, they never know the full story.

Didn't know either but thanks for sharing.

I honestly thought it was a brand new song recorded just before he died for This Is It and that he would sing it on the tour, interesting fact. Definitely doesn't have an 80's sound but this is proof of how timeless his music is.

Back